Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? (1682 Views)

Wisdom Or Foolishness? / Women; Are You A Creamer, A Squirter, Or Just Wet / Is My Boyfriend Stingy Or Just Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Infolenka: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
I've seen this happen many times. Someone wants to enter a bus and driver says the price is 100 naira and the person will say that it's 50 they will pay and the driver refuses and then the person says no and waits for another bus.

My question is that is this sense or just poverty. What's 50 naira abeg? So because of 50 naira someone will refuse to enter bus?
Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by vibbb: 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
What if the person in question has just #50 ?
Bus/Taxi drivers can be very funny with the way they hike transport fare sometimes, especially if there are lots of passengers available or it just finished or abt to rain.
But oga next time endeavour to help who so ever u find in this situation

8 Likes

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by LadySarah: 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
yes because of #50,if it irks you, tell then to come in and you complete it for them.

9 Likes

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by illicit(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Some people can pay 200# but they can't go out....

Those that can go out may not have money....
Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Adasun(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
did u pay or complete for them?

3 Likes

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by JovialJune(f): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
You think every stranger out there is in the same imaginary level as you?

5 Likes

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by OlawaleBammie: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2021
Infolenka:
I've seen this happen many times. Someone wants to enter a bus and driver says the price is 100 naira and the person will say that it's 50 they will pay and the driver refuses and then the person says no and waits for another bus.

My question is that is this sense or just poverty. What's 50 naira abeg? So because of 50 naira someone will refuse to enter bus?

I used to tink like that until I started managing business...

When u manage business u will know that #10 counts(even when u have millions in the bank)

10 Likes

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by chatinent: 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
So I go enter keke dis evening. On our way down, na so one guy enter, driver tell am na 100. On reaching to his location, e give driver N200 come dey beg am to collect N50 say e dey go far. Driver bam refuse.

E beg touch me. Only me come pay for am come trek go house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:33pm On Jan 30, 2021
Infolenka:

Op, better pray say make your fowl no lay cooked egg for you because na then you go know say na two types of water nai dey for this life

You think it's every body that's privileged like you...The same 50naira wey you dey look to be nothing fit mean something to another man......
Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2021
LadySarah:
yes because of #50,if it irks you, tell then to come in and you complete it for them.
Exactly,the op just dey reason rubbish....

1 Like

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by tobechi74: 12:34am On Jan 31, 2021
Sometimes, I do that to get the response of the driver.
His manner of approach. Is he polite in refusing my offer.
At times, I give in and pay the fee he asks if He is the jovial type.
I avoid rude drivers
Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Oturatetuala(m): 3:00am On Jan 31, 2021
Mehn life get as e be jare.
Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 31, 2021
His choice, his concern.
Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by chichima67791: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2021
You think every stranger out there is in the same imaginary level as you?
Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Mekanus(m): 5:58am On Jan 31, 2021
Infolenka:

I no blame you, because I know say na ya papa still dey give you transport money.

1 Like

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by dumahi(m): 6:17am On Jan 31, 2021
I often refuse to pay as a protest against greedy fare raises or a driver's rudeness. Yes, and also, every adult must have come to a point in his/her life when N50 means something UNLESS HE/SHE IS AN INDOMIE ADULT.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by 9japride(m): 6:53am On Jan 31, 2021
Do you even know if that's the person last cash? Sometimes, when one has planned he's/her trip and has budgeted a certain amount for the various movements anything short of the money will result to trekking. The economy is messed up, if things are OK for you be thankful. A lot of people are really facing hard times in Nigeria because of incompetent people in the helms of affairs. If you feel concerned, you can as well payoff the remaining N50 balance, its not that difficult.

1 Like

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 31, 2021
Infolenka:

-The fare might actually be N50 and the driver is trying to play a fast one.
-The passenger might only have N50 for transport and N50 for groundnut and biscuit for his only meal of the day.
-Traders appreciate the value of money. They can stay in the sun for hours selling pure water only to realise that N100 by the end of the day. If you don't appreciate the value of money, you can't make it.

Don't judge people by your standards, and don't look down on them. If the person seems to merit help, help them out. If not, pass by.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Wisdom Or Just Poverty? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 31, 2021
Infolenka:

op pls na October last year I Don collect salary last,anything at all, everybody here pls 2040792581 uba, God bless u.

(1) (Reply)

[18+]do Some Nigerian Ladies Still Have Any Standards? Because Of Small Rema... / Please Can We Call This That I Cheated On My Wife ??? / Pls, She Needs Our Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.