Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

God’s Precious Desire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God’s Precious Desire (110 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Raises Dollars For Emmanuel Precious To Buy Ring For His Fiancée / Pastor Isaac Pada Beats Me - Wife, Precious Pada Denies Missing / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God’s Precious Desire by evolution4434: 10:39am On Jan 31, 2021
God’s Precious Desire

#DailyDose

God’s precious desire and will is that everyone obeys His commands. Because it’s only in obeying God’s commands that He releases His good intentions unto us, it’s only in obeying Him that He releases all the goodies He has in stock for us. It’s only in obedience unto Him that He finds us worthy to be used. However, God’s intention isn’t a forced obedience. God wants us to understand the reason for obeying Him.

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. Psalms 32:9

God intends for us to understand the reason for our obedience. Because He knew that when a man truly understands the reasons for obedience, such a man will voluntarily and happily obey all His commands and will. God isn’t going to false us to obey Him, He is not riding over us like a horse. He said, the rider of a horse commands the obedience of the horse through bridling. But God’s precious desire is that we obey Him by understanding the reasons for obedience unto Him.

Many parents want their children to obey them simply because they want a good future and life for their children, but sometimes, the shortsightedness of the children makes them disobey their parents. And in such instance, the parent just wishes to explain to the child that his/her intention isn’t to dominate but rather guide to the best possible future. That’s the same thing with us, God’s will and purpose for obeying Him is to release good things unto us, to give us the promised glorious future, but we have to pray for understanding to obey (so our shortsightedness won’t hinder us from His blessings). We have to obey through understanding. God doesn’t have desire in forced obedience, but voluntary obedience. God isn’t intending to dominate us, but to bless us through obedience unto Him.

How do you respond when convicted by the Holy Spirit of sin? See this very short newest video from Evangelist Andres Bisonni.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLRffPmkLqw

To accept Christ, Pray: Lord Jesus, I want to know you personally. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive you as my Savior and Lord. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of my life. Make me the kind of person you want me to be. Amen.

If you've prayed the above prayer, email me at mindofchrist00@gmail.com i would love to pray with you and send you some helpful materials.

Follow us on Instagram @mindofchrist_ https://www.instagram.com/mindofchrist_/ to enjoin all our materials

Spread the Gospel

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Control The World / "He Was Sore Athirst, And Called On The Lord, And Said,..." / Today's Devotional-wednesday 3rd February 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.