Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? (2891 Views)

My Payback To The Girl Who Broke My Heart. / Confusion As Bayelsa Girl Child Gets Two ‘faces’ Nengi And Ebizi / Hilarious Memes About The Girl That Proposed To Her Boyfriend And Got Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Iretii0511(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
I want to ask you a question dear.

In terms of toughness, if you want to be sincere, between a male child and a female child, generally, who do you in your opinion consider tougher especially looking towards life's physical challenges?

I mean for example, if you take a random sample of 100 male and 100 females, under same condition, which group will most likely survive a very tough challenge?

Your answer to this will help me channel my next question.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Regex: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
No one ever talks about the boy child. How he is bullied into cultism, sometimes gay raped, and even raped by the so called girl child.

I will start a movement for the boy child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Iretii0511:

In terms of toughness, if you want to be sincere, between a male child and a female child, generally, who do you in your opinion consider tougher especially looking towards life's physical challenges?

I mean for example, if you take a random sample of 100 male and 100 females, under same condition, which group will most likely survive a very tough challenge?

Life is tougher for the male child
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
Made619:
Don't get me wrong bro not saying a lady should sit at home idle waiting for a husband,nah not at all.

Most assuredly am only elucidating, I 100% with your previous post.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

Strict parental training is a common thing in Nigeria and it has actually saved few but,led many astray.

Sincerely true
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by JayCynic(m): 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:
You can't deny the fact that women are regarded as second class citizens in Africa and in Nigeria to be precise.
Coming across cases where by young girls are not granted freedom until they're ready to settle down.

Discussing with most girls about this,I got to know many of the challenges they had to go through just cause,they where not granted the privilege to actually be independent.

In some cases,parents never allow their girl child leave the home in search of a better life. They'll most likely bring it to your knowledge that they can provide everything you need.

People,especially men when they see a lady who stays alone comfortably without her family tend to think the girl is most likely wayward.

People tend to think;
1) You're irresponsible
2) Possibly have no parents
3) A prodigal child
4) Sponsored by sugar daddies.
5) Prostitute.

You'll come across people mostly advising you to stay with your family till you find a man.
I've come across many ladies who this type of mentality didn't only rob but,it equally rendered them confused as to what to make out of life.

Complaining everyday that Nigerian ladies are so dependent, don't you think it would be wise to allow them chase their dreams in their youth.

Limiting them to their father's money,do you think that most likely will make them independent??

Please,I think most of the problems women face in Nigeria are just as a result of the society and how men view women as good for nothing.

Any possible way to eradicate this practice?

What do you think about it and would you allow your daughter live alone if she comes to you with the plan of doing so??

cc seun lalasticlala Dominique mynd44

A lot of illogical whining in this bullshit article. You need to seek real knowledge for yourself and stop repeating this overrated feminist victimization rhetoric that's being propagated in mainstream media.

As a student of statistics, I suggest you understand how stereotypes work.

Stop using occurrences that are limited to certain members of society to make a case for society in general. As such you can't label the opinions of people as a practice that requires any sort of eradication.

Apart from the North, women aren't treated as second-class citizens in Nigeria.

This whole write-up isnt based on any facts so it's considered bullshit in my books.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Made619(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Most assuredly am only elucidating, I 100% with your previous post.
Aiiiit bro
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by luwiizy(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
JUNK.

ALL YOU WROTE MADE NO SENSE. NO ONE IS HOLDING ANYONE. LIFE IS A GAME KNOW YOUR ROLE AND PLAY BY YOUR RULE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
JayCynic:

A lot of illogical whining in this bullshit article. You need to seek real knowledge for yourself and stop repeating this overrated feminist victimization rhetoric that's being propagated in mainstream media.

As a student of statistics, I suggest you understand how stereotypes work.

Stop using occurrences that are limited to certain members of society to make a case for society in general. As such you can't label the opinions of people as a practice that requires any sort of eradication.

Apart from the North, women aren't treated as second-class citizens in Nigeria.

This whole write-up isnt based on any facts so it's considered bullshit in my books.

Gladly you wrote it to be in your books.

I'll advice you to stop attaching everything logical to feminism.

You can't deny my argument to be false instead,you tell me the reason why it is done or a possible solution.

You actually wrote nothing with all the long epistle you wrote about feminism.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
luwiizy:
JUNK.

ALL YOU WROTE MADE NO SENSE.
NO ONE IS HOLDING ANYONE.
LIFE IS A GAME KNOW YOUR ROLE AND PLAY BY YOUR RULE

Know your role and play by your rule.

In Nigeria??

Stop forming Drake here abeg niggar

I'm certain you don't even know what we're discussing.

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Regex:
No one ever talks about the boy child. How he is bullied into cultism, sometimes gay raped, and even raped by the so called girl child.

I will start a movement for the boy child.

Even men are not serious with the issue of male rape.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Iretii0511:

Men of course.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
Made619:
It's not about leaving the home in search of a better life but you and I know things don't always go as we plan them. A man can leave his father's house in search for something better,this sometimes going far to a place he doesn't even know some sleep in uncompleted buildings,under bridges, places you can't imagine just to survive and keep the struggle going,my boss left Lagos to Abuja in search of something better,he had to sleep inside the company on the bare floor for 6months b4 getting to where he is today. Now can a lady survive the challenges the comes with seeking greener pastures without compromising with her body? now that's what most parents are afraid of, because believe me when those challenges comes she will compromise to make ends meet but a guy can't do that.

A guy rather drinks garri for 1year in the game of huzzling and surviving. A lady can never do it.

So StacyO I believe you see reasons now.

A guy can't do that cause there's no opportunity presenting itself.

When a guy see's a sugar mommy, I'm certain he'll jump on the offer without thinking twice.

I get your point sha.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Wyry: 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nigerian girls are useless.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

Gladly you wrote it to be in your books.

I'll advice you to stop attaching everything logical to feminism.

You can't deny my argument to be false instead,you tell me the reason why it is done or a possible solution.

You actually wrote nothing with all the long epistle you wrote about feminism.

Your argument is fallacious and built on straw man,why won't he counter you
Only Feminist argue like these
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Where did I say that it is her role, and how is sitting in her father's house doing nothing even a duty? It's pure sloth. And please don't put feminist propaganda words in my mouth. I'm very much familiar with the reductio ad absurdum fallacy styles used by the feminist movement, please don't waste our collective time with such techniques by parroting them.

You know what feminism is but,you keep conflicting your own statements.

I'm not a feminist,just so you know.

All y'all know is how to bring up feminism when in a serious discussion,just to prove void points.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Regex: 9:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

Even men are not serious with the issue of male rape.

How would they ever be when they are taught that it is a privilege to _fuck and or be _fucked by a woman(rape).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Your argument is fallacious and built on straw man,why won't he counter you
Only Feminist argue like these

Alright then,point out the feministic points in the post.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Iretii0511(m): 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

Men of course.

Nice answer.

Now, if you are a parent, if you have two children, one is weak and always sick, the other is strong and rarely go sick, which would you easily let out between the two?
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2021
Everyday complain, nag, nag. When will you people ever take responsibility? Who granted me freedom?
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
Truvel:
No. I Won't.

Why please?
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
It's all in your mind. There's no discrimination against women in Nigeria. Women are given the same academic and professional opportunities as men in all fields. Stop cooking up myths to get more privileges. What worked in the West to grant women superiority will not work here.
when I entered university, the VC was a woman, the librarian was a woman, Dean of my faculty was a woman, HOD was a woman 80% of my lecturers were women, over 70% of the students in my department were female yet I kept hearing these "girl-child" bullshiit all the time.
Go to any university in Nigeria and check all the departments with the exception of Physics, Mathematics, statistics and engineering, every other department have far more girls than boys in an almost lopsided proportion.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Dapcity007:

Quick questions
Are you a feminist?
Are you advocating for gender equality?
Do you know what Progressivive societies like Norway, Canada, Denmark are going through by supporting Egalitarianistic-Equalistic ideologies all for the sake of gender equality?
Do you believe in Abortion?

I'm no feminist.

I'm not cause,I know there is nothing like equality to begin with. Why?
Cause just like men were designed for a reason,same goes to women as well.

They ain't going through any damn thing. It's just that many females misunderstood feminism which turned it to a very bitter movement.

undecided No. Do you??

Expecting the next big explanation and how it all relates to the topic.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

Alright then,point out the feministic points in the post.

Where is your evidence?
Where is your statistics?
Where is your data?

All what you have is a false misleading Feminist narrative, built on propaganda and an appeal to emotions not on concrete facts
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

I'm no feminist.

I'm not cause,I know there is nothing like equality to begin with. Why?
Cause just like men were designed for a reason,same goes to women as well.

They ain't going through any damn thing. It's just that many females misunderstood feminism which turned it to a very bitter movement.

undecided No. Do you??

Expecting the next big explanation and how it all relates to the topic.

Ok
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Where is your evidence?
Where is your statistics?
Where is your data?

All what you have is a false misleading Feminist narrative, built on propaganda and an appeal to emotions not on concrete facts

I thought you knew what you were typing all along.

Please,make your inquiries first,then get back to me.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
Regex:

How would they ever be when they are taught that it is a privilege to _fuck and or be _fucked by a woman(rape).

And who's teaching them??
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

Why please?
It's Not Good. 4 Security Or Safety Reasons. As 4 D Males I Av No Problem 4 Dat. Living Alone Is Not An Easy Thing 4 D Males How Much More 4 D Females. I'm A Male & I Live Alone. I Know How Tough It Is.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

I thought you knew what you were typing all along.

Please,make your inquiries first,then get back to me.

Thank you.

I should make an inquiry,I'm not the one that presented an allegation,it was you,you need evidence to back it up

51% of people in the labor force are women, I don't see how you lack equal rights

1 Like

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
StacyO:

A guy can't do that cause there's no opportunity presenting itself.

When a guy see's a sugar mommy, I'm certain he'll jump on the offer without thinking twice.

I get your point sha.
you see the difference?
A guy who jumped on the sugar mummy offer will never wake up tomorrow and cry sexual exploitation and all the sexual objectification women cry about after taking advantage of an opportunity to better their lives in majority of the cases.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

I should make an inquiry,I'm not the one that presented an allegation,it was you,you need evidence to back it up

51% of people in the labor force are women, I don't see how you lack equal rights

It isn't about equal right at all. grin
Kai

The topic is all about reasons why female children are not allowed to leave home in pursuit of their dreams,while in their youth.
Re: Nigerians,Why This Mindset Towards The Girl Child???? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nuel4:
when I entered university, the VC was a woman, the librarian was a woman, Dean of my faculty was a woman, HOD was a woman 80% of my lecturers were women, over 70% of the students in my department were female yet I kept hearing these "girl-child" bullshiit all the time.
Go to any university in Nigeria and check all the departments with the exception of Physics, Mathematics, statistics and engineering, every other department have far more girls than boys in an almost lopsided proportion.

They'll probably point at those same physics, mathematics, statistics and engineering departments and use these to show that women are being excluded. They will then call for a lowering of standards so that women can be considered for tenure, and more deserving men kicked out. That is what they refer to as 'equality'.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BE SINCERE!! If This Happens To You At Your In-law’s House – What Would You Do N / Man Cancels Marriage, As Fiancee Insist On 450k Wedding Gown / Why You Must Rise Above Sex. Forget The Redpill!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.