Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,237 members, 7,839,258 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation (23592 Views)

Jittery Festus Keyamo Post 2019 Video Of Yahaya Bello Claiming It Is BAT Rally / Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
Social media needs to be regulated.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
The same social media that was use to campaign for this current administration is what you are calling out to be regulated because people are using it to speak out about the evil of this same administration. You must be selfish and wicked. The truth is bitter. So just shut up cos you don't own Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and you do not tell them how to run their social media. This is what democracy is. The voice of the people is power.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
The platform owes some responsibility as witnessed with how Trump's Twitter was closed.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
justosee:

government in those countries don't shot unarmed protesters dead and cover it up

Government in those countries will not hesitate to use extreme force when threatened. You can go ask the woman who was shot and killed inside the US capitol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
When the platform fails in its responsibility it behoves on government to act.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
As seen even in the US, Fake news leads to turmoil.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Free speech should not be a license for irresponsibility
and having a different opinion is that irresponsibility?

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
AfricanThanos:
The same social media that was use to campaign for this current administration is what you are calling out to be regulated because people are using it to speak out about the evil of this same administration. You must be selfish and wicked. The truth is bitter. So just shut up cos you don't own Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and you do not tell them how to run their social media. This is what democracy is. The voice of the people is power.

The social media menace is much bigger than Nigeria so stop thinking myopically.

Keyamo is referring to a global problem and frankly speaking it needs to be seriously regulated because Social media is like a country of its own and if left unchecked would spell calamity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
A primitive nation such as Nigeria cannot live with the consequences of fake news.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
justosee:
and having a different opinion is that irresponsibility?

Have a different opinion but not a false one or have a different opinion but do not be a harbinger for terror.

There is a difference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
AfricanThanos:

Because I used my mouth to say the truth doesn't mean you should use your mouth to tell lies.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Government in those countries will not hesitate to use extreme force when threatened. You can go ask the woman who was shot and killed inside the US capitol.
Those people were armed and broke into Congress.
Nigerian government shot dead unarmed people who were singing the national anthem.

3 Likes

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
I can't believe oga Festus the self acclaim human rights lawyer is pouring this rubbish out of his mouth. Who is going to rescue my beloved country from the hands of evil leaders. Olisa Agbakoba was ok until he joined government now Festus is the same

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
A lot of you will not hesitate to sue anyone for defamation of character or libel because it affects you directly but when Sam falsehood is against your country and threatens her peace and stability you shout FREE SPEECH.

How hypocritical of you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by HelpYourself(m): 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol, Oga Festus, I am highly disappointed in you... You're a brilliant lawyer - a SAN for that matter! ... So you should know better that this is an invitation to Fascism...

That side, KYC verification as a requirement to join social media platforms may backfire as bad actors will use the opportunity to harvest valuable information of their unsuspecting members; and then what follows is better imagined... Can't imagine my NIN or BVN or any other vital info in the hands of one random guy, just because he's an admin... Even the few 'less important' ones they have, I am complaining, yet someone is suggesting I should give them my 'Nat. ID' and 'passport' Lol... I never trust the system reach that extent... cheesy

Not to mention the other many disadvantages... Lol..

Anyway, I am in support of the idea that the social media should be regulated... Including the powers of admins and their moderators.. If we don't want a government we voted for to unlawfully censor our 'free speech', why should we allow a random moderator of a public Forum?

Lol...

God bless Nigeria.

You nailed it

Already the government has alot of cases to answer in regards to human rights abuses now talkless of when they have all your information at will

Welcome to North Korean Nigeria

How was your day my friend?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by stickle(m): 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
This guy deserve our pity.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
justosee:
Those people were armed and broke into Congress.
Nigerian government shot dead unarmed people who were singing the national anthem.

I hope you did not watch your news on LTV because they were UNARMED and also chanting that America is their country

2 Likes 1 Share

It is clear you cannot see keyamo using the so called "global problem" as a yardstick to shut the mouths of Nigerians citizens up. This present govt has failed and people are speaking out via social media cause that is how they can be heard by and large so take a chill pill and do nor side the enenies.

Tetehjewels:

The social media menace is much bigger than Nigeria so stop thinking myopically.

Keyamo is referring to a global problem and frankly speaking it needs to be seriously regulated because Social media is like a country of its own and if left unchecked would spell calamity

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Have a different opinion but not a false one or have a different opinion but do not be a harbinger for terror.

There is a difference
before infecting my mention with foolishness, I will want you to go back and check social media post of this current government officials.

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by stickle(m): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
This guy deserve our pity. need I say more?

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
AfricanThanos:
It is clear you cannot see keyamo using the so called "global problem" as a yardstick to shut the mouths of Nigerians citizens up. This present govt has failed and people are speaking out via social media cause that is how they can be heard by and large so take a chill pill and do nor side the enenies.

Every country is singing the same song about social media regulation so don't make this about Nigeria or Keyamo.

We are not even as loud as other countries who are already enacting laws against it and setting up penalties.

Ask yourself why the FBI have a special unit who monitor social media accounts and can easily arrest anyone over a simple social media post.

You think this is about Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2021
What are you saying?

Golan007:

Because I used my mouth to say the truth doesn't mean you should use your mouth to tell lies.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2021
justosee:

before infecting my mention with foolishness, I will want you to go back and check social media post of this current government officials.

Before making yourself look even more foolish I would like you to always think before you type

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by adadike(f): 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2021
thatigboman:
ngeneukwenu is a man o. Butsted long ago when he posted a picture of a bad road in abakiliki and the car mirror reflected his ugly face. I still have the picture.
cheesy are you serious?
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Mitsurugi(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
NgeneUkwenu:
Reactions from the usual Useless IpOB miscreants

Oh the same IPOB causing the Nigerian Army to shit their pants in Orlu. The same that evicted bastard herdsmen in Isiukwuato? Oh glory hallelujah! Hail miscreants! Just know this... those who insult or carry Igbos for mind die prematurely. Thought you should pass that info to somebody. grin
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Freemejoradmin: 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lotto ‪ Forecasting Made Easy with Lotteryspy Forecasting and Predictions Tools.

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by ednut1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
Racoon:
See some that once pride himself as a so called democratic activist.Once they enter government, then fiam.Their real characters become manifest.
all scammers
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
I clearly understand your point but in this case Keyamo has an ulterior motive which is beyond social media misuse and misconduct by users which is trying to limit the speculations of the facts about this govt to the world

Tetehjewels:

Every country is singing the same song about social media regulation so don't make this about Nigeria or Keyamo.

We are not even as loud as other countries who are already enacting laws against it and setting up penalties.

Ask yourself why the FBI have a special unit who monitor social media accounts and can easily arrest anyone over a simple social media post.

You think this is about Nigeria?
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I hope you did not watch your news on LTV because they were UNARMED and also chanting that America is their country
The protesters I saw marching towards the white house were armed. they even threw flares at police
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
AfricanThanos:
I clearly understand your point but in this case Keyamo has an ulterior motive which is beyond social media misuse and misconduct by users which is trying to limit the speculations of the facts about this govt to the world

Wrong.

Canada is largely a peaceful country but they are already acting pre-emptively by putting laws in place and appointing a social media commissioner who would ensure the regulation of Canadian social media space

This is not about current events. It is also about aborting future problems even before they emerge because the signs are already here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
justosee:
The protesters I saw marching towards the white house were armed. they even threw flares at police

They you watched PNN and not CNN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by thatigboman: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
adadike:
cheesy are you serious?
have never been more serious. Dont mind him. That's why we call him Mr Woman

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Abducts Teenage Girls In Borno, Kill Seven / Jonathan Demanded Metuh's Corporate Bank Account To Pay Some Money - Witness / I've Joined Team Of Defense Lawyers In The Case Of Nnamdi Kanu - Emeka Ugwuonye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.