Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation (23589 Views)

Jittery Festus Keyamo Post 2019 Video Of Yahaya Bello Claiming It Is BAT Rally / Celebrities React To Desmond Elliot Statement Over Social Media Regulation / Aisha Buhari Disagrees With Sultan, Insists On Social Media Regulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by jacoik(m): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
cpu2006:
Festus Keyamo for President shocked shocked shocked
president of?
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

D govts of Canada, UK and d US that u mentioned, are they going after social media users and curtailing free speech or they are regulating social media companies?

Read for yourself

Like Idi Amin once said, THERE IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH BUT I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Read for yourself

Like Idi Amin once said, THERE IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH BUT I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH.
These are general security precautions which have been in place since 9/11. Free speech is still sacrosanct in d countries u mentioned. That is why I asked u which u still haven't been able to answer:

how do we apply d law to check d threats, d lies and falsehood of govt or those in govt?
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Read for yourself

Don't mind them.

They say there's absolute freedom of speech but watch their reaction when you malign their parents.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

These are general security precautions which have been in place since 9/11. Free speech is still sacrosanct in d countries u mentioned. That is why I asked u which u still haven't been able to answer:

how do we apply d law to check d threats, d lies and falsehood of govt or those in govt?

You are clearly lost here.

FREE SPEECH is a given for everyone. The issue here is HOW YOU USE YOUR FREE SPEECH.

Why are you scared of free speech regulation if you are not guilty of abusing it?

Read what the law says even

https://www.845law.com/2017/03/can-posting-on-social-media-get-you-arrested/
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Golan007: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

Free speech is not sacrosanct in any country.

I'm sure you've never been beyond Nnewi.

If free speech is guaranteed why are their top secrets.

You just go from thread to thread selling misinformation to the less informed.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Golan007:

Don't mind them.

They say there's absolute freedom of speech but watch their reaction when you malign their parents.

As in. It should be all fun now afterall we all have free speech cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 9:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You are clearly lost here.

FREE SPEECH is a given for everyone. The issue here is HOW YOU USE YOUR FREE SPEECH.

Why are you scared of free speech regulation if you are not guilty of abusing it?

Read what the law says even

https://www.845law.com/2017/03/can-posting-on-social-media-get-you-arrested/
U said it yourself:

"FREE SPEECH is a given for everyone."

U have summarised d situation. D question still remains:

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
Golan007:

Free speech is not sacrosanct in any country.

I'm sure you've never been beyond Nnewi.

If free speech is guaranteed why are their top secrets.

You just go from thread to thread selling misinformation to the less informed.

I believe this was meant for u:

lexy2014:

Good. So u can see that when d president crossed d line and tried to make himself bigger than d institutions, he was brought back to mother Earth by d institutions.

Just like Trump, is buhari acting within d ambits of d constitution & institutions? Can buhari and his supporters be challenged d way Trump and his supporters were challenged for trying to further d personal interest of trump as against national interest?

U said Trump was banned from d social media platform. Pls who banned him from d platform? Was it d govt or a private citizen?

By d way, are u exercising free speech on nairaland?
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

U said it yourself:

Please don't misquote me to your mental self enslavement.

I said, "FREE SPEECH IS A GIVEN FOR EVERYONE.THE ISSUE HERE IS HOW YOU USE YOUR FREE SPEECH"

If you can cut out my full comment and only posted what you felt met with your narrative and deliberately misinforming people then imagine what you would do on a larger social media platform.

Kindly post my full quote next time
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Kay25(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2021
After 2023 I would comment on this post..For now lip sealed
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

I said, "FREE SPEECH IS A GIVEN FOR EVERYONE.THE ISSUE HERE IS HOW YOU USE YOUR FREE SPEECH"

If you can cut out my full comment and only posted what you felt met with your narrative and deliberately misinforming people then imagine what you would do on a larger social media platform.

But if we are to go by ur principle, then it means u should have answered d question at d bottom of d comment which u have been avoiding:

lexy2014:

U said it yourself:

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

That's why I said that this is d summary which corroborates d point I made earlier:

"FREE SPEECH IS A GIVEN FOR EVERYONE"
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
lexy2014:

That's why I said that this is d summary which corroborates d point I made earlier:

"FREE SPEECH IS A GIVEN FOR EVERYONE"

Face palm
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Let me even indulge u a bit. Let's agree with ur entire quote:

FREE SPEECH IS A GIVEN FOR EVERYONE.THE ISSUE HERE IS HOW YOU USE YOUR FREE SPEECH"

Does this not further emphasize d need for u to answer d question below?

"how do we apply d law to check d threats, d lies and falsehood of govt or those in govt?"

Those in govt are part of everyone given free speech. Shouldn''t they be accountable on how they use their free speech and state resources?
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by cpu2006(m): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
jacoik:
president of?

Federal republic of keyamonian
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by jaytee01(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
Keyamo is a big fool looking for attention to mask the unprecedented incompetence of their government.

Buhari is an unmitigated disaster!
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by berrystunn(m): 1:15am On Feb 02, 2021
Tetehjewels:
Keyamo is actually right. Take away your partisanship and put on your thinking caps.

A lot of you want to run to Europe and USA but you fail to realise that what is being demanded from Social media companies is same thing USA has implemented years ago via their SSN (Social security number).

All of that goes through a proper identification process before you are issued one so once you commit a crime you can be easily located.

Same thing Keyamo is advocating for so anonymity would be erased and those behind terror or error social media posts can be properly addressed

Go and seat somewhere in the north east.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by AyakaDunukofia: 2:11am On Feb 02, 2021
Racoon:

https://twitter.com/fkeyamo/status/1355827314844643332?s=08

Keyamo is obviously a quack legal professional, if not, he should have known that in Western demoocracies there are human rights laws that guarantees free speech, such as the art. 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights or ECHR.There are also laws that protects social media intermediaries like Facebook and the likes which is under what is called the "safe harbour".
Thus, what is being done in the West is to constantly balance the curtaling of derogatory or false remarks against citizens which is backed by a law called the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR and the right to freedom of expression which is also enshrined in the ECHR.

And Keyamo is a man who says he is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria which is the equivalent of a Queen's Counsel in the UK. What a fake country and people! No wonder Nnamdi Kanu won't stop using the word ZOO.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 5:50am On Feb 02, 2021
Tetehjewels:
Keyamo is actually right. Take away your partisanship and put on your thinking caps.

A lot of you want to run to Europe and USA but you fail to realise that what is being demanded from Social media companies is same thing USA has implemented years ago via their SSN (Social security number).

All of that goes through a proper identification process before you are issued one so once you commit a crime you can be easily located.

Same thing Keyamo is advocating for so anonymity would be erased and those behind terror or error social media posts can be properly addressed

Meehhhnnn...this dude. U seem to be looking at d world upside down. because u hear d word "security" in social security, u assume it is for fighting crime. Take ur own advise: "Take away your partisanship and put on your thinking caps."

Pls understand d definition of social security first. Social security in d US is a federal govt welfare programme. It administers this welfare programme thru the US social security administration. D govt figured that d best way to administer the programme so as to avoid duplicity in payments and track such payments was to issue numbers, hence d birth of soial security numbers (SSN).

"Your nine-digit Social Security number is your first and continuous connection with Social Security. It helps us identify and accurately record your covered wages or self-employment earnings. We also use it to monitor your record once you start getting benefits."

According to Wikipedia:

"The United States Social Security Administration (SSA)[2] is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivor benefits. To qualify for most of these benefits, most workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; the claimant's benefits are based on the wage earner's contributions. Otherwise benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are given based on need.....Social Security is the largest social welfare program in the United States."

D real crimes of corruption, banditry, terrorism, kidnappings, murder, killings, atrocities by fulani herdsmen, child rape aren't being committed on social media. They are being committed in d full glare of everyone, in most cases, right under d nose of buhari. Do u need national identification to arrest d senior govt officials who stole and hoarded covid19 palliatives? Hence my question to u earlier, how has d govt of buhari carried out it's mandate as dictated by section 14(2b) of d nigerian constitution?

Again,

"how do we apply d law to check d threats, d lies and falsehood of govt or those in govt?"
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by lexy2014: 6:12am On Feb 02, 2021
Tetehjewels:

What are d terror and error social media posts u are referring to?

In 2015, this govt said that BVN will be used to stop 419, corruption and kidnappings and threatened to block bank accounts without bvn. Obviously, d modus operandi of d govt is threats. With ur thinking cap, can u pls tell me how this govt since 2015 has used BVN to stop kidnappings, 419 and corruption. Bokoharam is waxing stronger hitting military targets like it's dealing with amateurs. Pls how has d govt used BVN to track down it's sponsors?
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Meehhhnnn...this dude. U seem to be looking at d world upside down. because u hear d word "security" in social security, u assume it is for fighting crime. Take ur own advise: "Take away your partisanship and put on your thinking caps."

Pls understand d definition of social security first. Social security in d US is a federal govt welfare programme. It administers this welfare programme thru the US social security administration. D govt figured that d best way to administer the programme so as to avoid duplicity in payments and track such payments was to issue numbers, hence d birth of soial security numbers (SSN).

"Your nine-digit Social Security number is your first and continuous connection with Social Security. It helps us identify and accurately record your covered wages or self-employment earnings. We also use it to monitor your record once you start getting benefits."

According to Wikipedia:

"The United States Social Security Administration (SSA)[2] is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivor benefits. To qualify for most of these benefits, most workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; the claimant's benefits are based on the wage earner's contributions. Otherwise benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are given based on need.....Social Security is the largest social welfare program in the United States."

D real crimes of corruption, banditry, terrorism, kidnappings, murder, killings, atrocities by fulani herdsmen, child rape aren't being committed on social media. They are being committed in d full glare of everyone, in most cases, right under d nose of buhari. Do u need national identification to arrest d senior govt officials who stole and hoarded covid19 palliatives? Hence my question to u earlier, how has d govt of buhari carried out it's mandate as dictated by section 14(2b) of d nigerian constitution?

Again,

I am sorry to say this but you are actually as senseless as they come.

You clearly have no idea what information is tied to a social security number. Do you think it's just for wages or benefits?

Let me help your Ignorant soul.

With a social security number ALL and I repeat ALL your activities or locations can be monitored.

Example when law enforcement punch in your SSN it pulls up information like your Mortgages, Your debts, Your criminal cases or charges, Your marital status, Your businesses, Your banks, your cars and their registration, etc.

This is why many cannot escape law enforcement in the USA because everything is tied together. Your vehicle license plates are tied to your SSN so once your license plates are punched in, all your data pops up.

How do you think those who do repossession work get to know the location of the defaulter even when they are not in their homes?

You are too small minded and this is your problem. Until you allow yourself to be properly informed you will keep asking these silly questions of yours from your place of mental error.

The real reason behind an SSN will not be revealed to you but you can discover it using the activities tied to it and not the definition you are told.
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by ejanla077: 8:22am On Feb 02, 2021
adadike:
cheesy are you serious?
After all the years here u dont kno ngwelle nkwu enu is boy? Bmc 30k
Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by Obdk: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2021
adadike:
cheesy are you serious?

Na man na. Bmc member

1 Like

Re: Festus Keyamo's Post About Social Media Regulation by adadike(f): 8:25am On Feb 02, 2021
ejanla077:

After all the years here u dont kno ngwelle nkwu enu is boy?
Bmc 30k
how I go take know kwanu? The dp picture is a woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HURIWA: It Is Profiling To Arrest Chiwetalu Agu While Gumi Supports Bandits / Shehu Sani Visits Kwankwaso (Photo) / Why Tinubu’s Victory Is Buhari’s Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.