Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi (30287 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Calls Okowa 'Our Incoming Vice President' (Video) / Mali Coup: Jonathan, Other West African Leaders Arrive In Bamako / Jonathan Calls Gbenga Daniel, Begs Him Not To Leave PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by fergie001: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:
which country be Myanmar again ?

I'm sure still better than Nigeria
It is in Asia....formerly Burma..
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by CheedyJ(m): 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
Neddstark:
Uncle Joey, Nigeria and the world respects you but at this moment, you need to learn to keep mute. Every country has a right to their future. UAE has no democracy but has been progressing for decades.
If I were you, I will be like Ned Nwoko, get myself a fresh damsel and enjoy the rest of my retirement.
Where you wan make him put madam peace oo
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by stacyadams: 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

..lol Nigerians plenty for their ooooh.....
My guy Don carry like four guys go there...na mostly working guys dey there

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Fvckyouall: 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
Oharina:

It better than nigeria na for sure. Myanmar known as Burma befor

It's still Burma. Myanmar Bruma is the full name and it's not better than southern part of Nigeria maybe better than undeveloped northern villages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Onuoha1234(m): 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
Was she not t same person who betrayed the Rohinga muslims who supported her earlier? Our GEJ should leave the matter for them to correct

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by chaloskyx: 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
JONATHAN WHO THE BLEEP ARE YOU SHUT UP ABEG YOU THAT YOUR HANDS ARE SOILED WITH CORRUPTION NOW THING YOU HAVE MOUTH TO TALK ON MORALITY OR WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by certifiedvik(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
IamHeWrites:
Nigeria’s former President Goodluck Jonathan has called for a return to democratic rule following a military coup in Myanmar, Igbere TV reports.

The country’s military seized power after detaining Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi and other democratically elected leaders.

In a tweet on Monday, Mr Jonathan urged the military to release the counsellor and return the country to democratic rule.

https://twitter.com/GEJonathan/status/1356252417474633734?s=20

Meanwhile, the top army commander has declared a one-year state of emergency.

The move follows a landslide win by Ms Suu Kyi’s party in an election the army claims was marred by fraud.

Suu Kyi, in a letter written in preparation for her impending detention, urged her supporters to “not accept this” and “protest against the coup”.

The military has already announced replacements for a number of ministers.

A 25-year-old resident, who pleaded anonymity, told the BBC: “Waking up to learn your world has been completely turned upside down overnight was not a new feeling, but a feeling that I thought that we had moved on from, and one that I never thought we’d be forced to feel again.”
Myanmar,, I even think say nah capital of a country,, where dem dey for map sef
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by KanuSE: 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mr Jonathan grin sàkì náà nse bí òrá. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Officialgarri: 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
This one thinks he is automatically a peacemaker simply because he conceded defeat after being a collosal failure.

First, it was Mali, next is Myammar

4 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Numerouno94(m): 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
angry
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by KanuSE: 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
Onuoha1234:
Was she not the same person who betrayed the Rohinga muslims who supported her earlier? Our GEJ should leave the matter for them to correct

@bolded, how did you reach that conclusion?
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
Bloody civilian passing command to military. Lol. This man is not serious

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Rubbiish(m): 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

Lol
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Freemejoradmin: 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lotto ‪ Forecasting Made Easy with Lotteryspy Forecasting and Predictions Tools.

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Hferryman(m): 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

Is there any other county in this world that’s not better than Nigeria.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by tnerro1(m): 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2021
Bros mind your business, the problem you cause for here na him we still dey battle with. Am from the south, but if you come out for President in 2023, I will spend my money to campaign against you.

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by luminouz(m): 8:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Suu Kyi, the hypocrite... All these activists eh, involve them for governance small, you go see their real colors... You supported the draconian and brutal military to wage war against the Rohingya Muslims... Instead of speaking out, you either denied or supported their evil atrocities! You evil bastards! You persecuted thousands of innocent Muslims, forcing them out of northwestern Myanmar in your vicious 2016 and 2017 genocidal campaign of ethnic cleansing!

Goodluck Jonathan should allow them carry their cross and deal with their shit... The wrath of God Almighty is upon them...

May God help us all.

I like your last line, especially after abusing the hell out of everyone. grin

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by explosiveskull(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Suu Kyi, the hypocrite... All these activists eh, involve them for governance small, you go see their real colors... You supported the draconian and brutal military to wage war against the Rohingya Muslims... Instead of speaking out, you either denied or supported their evil atrocities! You evil bastards! You persecuted thousands of innocent Muslims, forcing them out of northwestern Myanmar in your vicious 2016 and 2017 genocidal campaign of ethnic cleansing!

Goodluck Jonathan should allow them carry their cross and deal with their shit... The wrath of God Almighty is upon them...

May God help us all.
So your anger was that she supported a purge against muslims but you are here supporting same nonsense in Nigeria. May thunder strike you down there.

4 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by VirginSearcher(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:
[s]which country be Myanmar again ?

I'm sure still better than Nigeria[/s]
You are still a baby.. asking about Myanmar grin
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by bewla(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:
yes but dose not allowed
corrupt mind like blacks
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Dpharisee: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:

May God help us all.

Just like Aisha Yusufu will not condemn Hisbah for destroying beverages of Christians and Fulani massacre across Nigeria as an 'activist'
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by President99: 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2021
Neddstark:
Uncle Jona, Nigeria and the world respects you but at this moment, you need to learn to keep mute. Every country has a right to their future. UAE has no democracy but has been progressing for decades.
If I were you, I will be like Ned Nwoko, get myself a fresh damsel and enjoy the rest of my retirement.
What happened to Patience?
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by tit(f): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
She no dey eat where she dey?
This Jonathan sef?
Wetin concern am?
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Blackdisciple(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

Na that county wey different different natural disasters dey worry oo.

lolz, better than Nigeria Kai that place can't be better than Nigeria oo to be honest , even you sef no go wan go that country oo.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by President99: 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nigerian military coup please
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Blackdisciple(m): 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2021
Baba leave them alone the leaders no wan do the needful on like ours here , while our own here ar busy doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by arantess: 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

You need to educate yourself more

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by DSC7: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
oluwasegun007:
Has bubu said anything about this....
Ohhhh...is he back from his home visit
Bubu ain't aware........

Bubu no sabi the country sef....

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by AroleOduduwa2: 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lol, what’s wrong with this man.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Warripikine: 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:

May God help us all.
And you haven't spoken up against the genocide carried out @lekki..
Hypocrite
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by majamajic(m): 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

Yes , far better than Nigeria

A little over population of Lagos and Kano combined

With N600 u can buy full live chicken

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Politicians At Danjuma Laah's Daughter's Wedding Reception (Photos) / Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account / Tokunbo Abiru Visits Bola Tinubu After Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.