Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How many languages are in your state? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How many languages are in your state? (20403 Views)

How Many African Languages Are Becoming Dead Languages? / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / The Top Ten Sexiest Languages In The World (2) (3) (4)

Re: How many languages are in your state? by Ugo4hotish(m): 5:22am On Apr 18, 2021
Softboy001:

I guess this is delta state, that Igbo language you have up there is not the same please

We have...
1.Aniocha
2. Ika
3. Ukwani.
They sound like Igbo but are not Igbo. And the are very different from one another. I know this because am an ika man but from Edo state

Edo man please face your state and stop dragging delta into confusion
Re: How many languages are in your state? by ceeceeuwa: 7:05am On Apr 18, 2021
9jakool:

The language of ukpe is Ekue. Akoko is a very linguistically diverse area.
Do you classify it as a language or a dialect?
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Kalatium(m): 8:10am On Apr 18, 2021
easzypeaszy:
u r not mature in ur response...why such words...I don't think I will like ppl like u am even angry I read dis bc u just spoil my day..if u r a lady u better go n change u don't have good manners
who cares what you think
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Athemisia: 8:45am On Apr 18, 2021
Ahmed0336:

grin Na how me too see am o
so many funny languages in Nigeria... if it's not their names is definitely their sounds...

Re: How many languages are in your state? by ImaIma1(f): 9:38am On Apr 18, 2021
Kalatium:
It seems most of us do not know about other states in Nigeria. As such i want to use this arena for us to enumerate the languages in our respective states.

I noticed that most people down south assume that once you are from the North you are hausa (aboki) likewise those up north are ignorant of down south.

In case you don't know Kaduna State alone has about 60 languages alone. Names on the bracket is their alternative names.

KADUNA STATE
1. Atyap(kataf)
2. Akurmi(Kurama)
3. Anghan ( Kamanton)
4. Amo,
5. Aruruma(Ruruma)
6. Atachaat ( Kachechere),
7. Kadara(adara)
8. Atuku,
9. Ayu,
10. Bajju,
11. Bakulu/Ikulu
12. Bhazar/Koro
13. Bur (Sanga),
14. Binawa,
15. Dingi,
16. Fantswam,
17. Fulfulde ,
18. Gbagyi,
19. Gure,
20. Gwandara,
21. Gwong (Kagoma),
22. Ham ( Jaba),
23. Hausa,
24. Jangi,
25. Kaibi,
26. Kahugu,
27. Kanufi,
28. Kigono,
29. Kinugu,
30. Kitimi,
31. Kiwafa,
32. Kiwollo,
33. Kono,
34. Kuvori (Surubu),
35. Kuturmi,
36. Tsam (Chawai)
37. Mada (Mardan)
38. Nandu,
39. Nduyah,
40. Numana,
41. Nindem,
42. Ningeshe,
43. Ninkyop,
44. Ninzo,
45. Nyenkpa (Yeskwa),
46. Oegworok,
47. Pikal,
48. Pitti,
49. Ribang,
50. Rishuwa,
51. Rumada,
52 Ruruma,
53. Rumayya,
54. Shemawa
55. Sholio (Marwa),
56. Siyawa
57. Takad,
58. Tarri, and
59. Lemoro * not sure,

What about you how many languages does your state has?

But they have a general language that they all speak, which is hausa. Just like the "Yoruba" states have their different dialects but speak the general yoruba.

If we were all to speak all our various languages, we would be worse than the tower of Babel

Re: How many languages are in your state? by lordfalcao(m): 9:57am On Apr 18, 2021
Albert0011:

I greet u o bros
Ajeh sir.
ajeh
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Daum: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2021
naijaman2225:
OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT MUST SURELY COUNT AS THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS WITH HIGHEST NUMBER OF LANGUAGES IN EDO STATE.

You know Edo state
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Mewhizzp(m): 11:22am On Apr 18, 2021
We Have 88 In Adamawa. The state with most Tribes in the whole of Nigeria
Re: How many languages are in your state? by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kalatium:

who cares what you think
northern cow, there is nothing like 60 languages in kaduna. ignorant is your biggest challenge.. difference in dialects doesnt mean the language is different.. for instance IJAW language is made up of many dialects... igbo language also made up of many dialects... yoruba language also has many dialects... same with hausa, kanuri, and every major tribe..
Re: How many languages are in your state? by samwash(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Athemisia:

So funny are we talk about the south south and not mention Pidgin English.

I will say pidgin English is the most interactive language in the South - south.
Even an illirate old mama of 90 yrs can interact with strangers in English language (pidgin) onlike other regions which they can't express themselves, unless in their native dialect .

Re: How many languages are in your state? by garfield1: 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
naijaman2225:
OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT MUST SURELY COUNT AS THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS WITH HIGHEST NUMBER OF LANGUAGES IN EDO STATE.

Ovia north east is bini
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Kalatium(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
northern cow, there is nothing like 60 languages in kaduna. ignorant is your biggest challenge.. difference in dialects doesnt mean the language is different.. for instance IJAW language is made up of many dialects... igbo language also made up of many dialects... yoruba language also has many dialects... same with hausa, kanuri, and every major tribe..
southern Turkeyyyy.

Are you trying to say that all the languages I mentioned are dialects of Hausa?
If that is what you mean then you are an igNooRaaant fooOooL
Re: How many languages are in your state? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kalatium:

southern Turkeyyyy.

Are you trying to say that all the languages I mentioned are dialects of Hausa?
If that is what you mean then you are an igNooRaaant fooOooL
i didnt say they all dialect of hausa. but most of them are dialects of fulani and hausa... try to go out of ur LGA, find out for yourself.. do not just sit at home reading what people like u wrote..

people that wrote that jargons for dont have two heads.. u do your research...
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Antivirus92(m): 9:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Vinnie2000:

BOOM!! Wat I have been saying since the beginning of dis thread..

Am a Deltan but some persons commenting abt dis issue are not..

Super Eagles Ex Captain Sunday Oliseh(dat name is likely Ukwuani/Kwale) Boldly stated recently dat He is NOT Igbo n does not being addressed as Delta Igbo!!

Dorathy of BBNaija calls herself Delta Igbo n Ikas were very Angry@her!!..

As I have said earlier, D Ndokwas/Ikas have stuck to dier guns that they re NOT Igbo n don't even like being cald Delta Igbo!!

It is Aniocha Oshimili pple (Asaba, Issele-ukwu) that doesn't mind.(because of dier closeness to Onitsha..)

So let's end d arguments..D tribes are Igbo-related or Igbo descendants but have Carved a Niche for demselves hence u hear titles such as Dein of Agbor...

thank you!!
you have repeated this crap many times in this thread,,,,,most oshimili and aniocha people accept being igbo unlike u ika people not because THEY'RE CLOSE TO ONITSHA but because their history point to their ancestors migrating from the east (igboland)
stop twisting history!
Re: How many languages are in your state? by EbiJUNIRO(m): 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
Athemisia:

What about Urhobo in ofoni??

Could be.
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Sufferingboy(f): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
I am Igbo by tribe but I ashame of Igbo tribe.We are cursed.
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Etinosa1234: 2:43am On Apr 20, 2021
naijaman2225:
IT MAY BE MORE THAN THAT. OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT HAVE LOTS OF LANGUAGES.

Apart from Benin, which other language is spoken in Ovia North?
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 20, 2021
Sufferingboy:
I am Igbo by tribe but I ashame of Igbo tribe.We are cursed.

You are just busy looking for attention, you have not even finish ordinary university education to know your left from your right..

Don't end up a failure with a degree of no value..
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Daum: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Apart from Benin, which other language is spoken in Ovia North?

Egbeta
Utese
Izon
Re: How many languages are in your state? by paul100(m): 8:56am On Apr 20, 2021
Vinnie2000:

I stayed in Asaba for 7months n d peeps re Aniocha Oshimili n from I understand from the Guys I stayed with, we have 3 Igbo-related tribes in Delta State.......

Ndokwa (Kwale, Ashaka, Ogume areas, sb just told me Umutu n Obiaruku are part of it..)

Ika (Agbor, Igbodo, Umunede, Abavo,etc..)

While Anioma or Enuani (Idumudje-ugboko/uno, Issele-ukwu, Ogwuash-uwku, Asaba, Illah, Ibuza)

Ur town/village should be amongst d last group..

I am grouping Dem like dis 4 proper understanding of readers..

Yes,it is in the last group.
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Kalatium(m): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
i didnt say they all dialect of hausa. but most of them are dialects of fulani and hausa... try to go out of ur LGA, find out for yourself.. do not just sit at home reading what people like u wrote..

you are ignoranttttt

most are not dialect of Hausa and Fulani.
there is no link btw them.

Re: How many languages are in your state? by Kalatium(m): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
AdakaBoro8:

you are ignoranttttt

stop saying what you don't know

Re: How many languages are in your state? by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kalatium:

you are ignoranttttt

stop saying what you don't know
most are dialects of hausa and fulani.. must i teach u about ur north again? u too ignorant.
Re: How many languages are in your state? by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kalatium:
you are ignoranttttt
most are not dialect of Hausa and Fulani. there is no link btw them.
shut up. most are dialects of hausa and fulani.
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Kalatium(m): 9:23am On May 28, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
shut up. most are dialects of hausa and fulani.
they are not dialect of Hausa go read it up in the internet google is ur friend .
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Sweetvie: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2023
Michdear:
Ondo state ;

1.Ondo language ( Ondo west LG,Ondo East LG,Ileoluji ,Idanre,Ore/odigbo LG).

2.Akure lanaguage (Akure south ,Akure north,Ifedore LG).

[/b]3.Akoko language(all the 4 Akoko local governments)[b]

4.Ikale language (okitipupa,irele,some part of ore/odigbo LG)

5.ilaje language (ese odo LG,ilaje LG)

6.Owo language ( owo LG ,ose LG)

7.okeigbo language ‘similar to ile Ife language’

8. ijaw language ‘izon’ (some part of Ese odo LG)

Ondo language is the most widely speaking Langs in Ondo state cutting across 5 local government areas.
I think Akoko have different language.
What they speak is diff.
Unless you're talking about the general Yoruba language.
Re: How many languages are in your state? by UGBE634: 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
Athemisia:

What about Pidgin English??....
as for Urhobo, there are about 17 different dialects alone in delta State. There are others right here in Bayelsa and also in Edo state...
There is none in Edo state
Re: How many languages are in your state? by UGBE634: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
naijaman2225:
IT MAY BE MORE THAN THAT. OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT HAVE LOTS OF LANGUAGES.
It is not up to

in Edo south, you have the
1. Binis which make up to 95 percent majority in
Edo south
2.The Igbankes(Igbo
3. Ijaws
4. Itsekiris in Ologbo
5 Utesse and Egbetta are yorubas, their oral account of migration points to that, Egbetta migrated from Oba Akoko in Ondo state, their oral migration account talks about the fact that the full meaning of Egbetta means 200 in 3 places. It might not be the yoruba you are used to, I think it is a yoruba dialect if studied,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s61AzEwcFE
daum

Edo central-
6 Esans
Illushi- an Igala dialect but they are fast loosing their language now and becoming Esan speaking

Edo north-
7.Etsako
8. Owan
9. Okpamheri-There are twenty three villages in Okpamheri tribe, they are
Ibillo
Imoga
Ekpesa
Somorika
Ogbe
Ogugu
Ayanuzo
Lampese
Ikiran Oke
Ikiran Ile
Aiyegunle
Eshawa
Ugboshi Afe
Ugboshi Ile
Ekhor
Ojah
Ojirami petesi
Ojirami Afekenu
Sasaro
Makeke
Bekuma
Dagbala
Ekpo
10. Uneme-Uzanu is the capital of the Uneme people,

Uneme-Ologua
Uneme-Aiyetoro
Uneme-Ekpedo
Uneme-Anegbette
Uneme-Udochi
Uneme-Nekhua
Uneme-Erhurum
Uneme-Aki-osu
Uneme-Akpama

11. Igarra (etuno) an Ebira dialect
12. Ososo
13. Okpe-Idesa-Akuku
When you do some proper classification of these groups, it would not be up to 17 let alone being more than.

Re: How many languages are in your state? by Emyogalanya: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2023

U want Kaduna to have 59 tribes and for other states in Nigeria to have less than 7 tribes? grin grin grin
not what he said
Re: How many languages are in your state? by Usenokpevbo: 9:15am On Feb 19
Bini
Esan
Owan- Emai-Ora-Luleha-dialect clusters
Etsako-Uneme
Otuo-ghotuo
Okpamheri
Ososo
Okpe-Akuku-Idesa dialect clusters
Igarra (Ebira)
Ika-Igbo (igbanke)
Yoruba- Usen, Utesse, Egbetta, etc
Ijaw
Igala-Illushi

The Significance Of Oranmiyan Staff And Ife Immovable Heritage Resource. / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly? / Lies About Oyo Empire