Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,542 members, 7,865,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

I Predict A Run-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Predict A Run-off (552 Views)

I Predict Life Imprisonment Judgement 4 Nnamdi Kanu / Elections To End In A Run-off;nigerians Should Get Ready To Vote In 7 Days Time / We Are Headed For A Run Off...you Heard It Here First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Predict A Run-off by Stogwu123: 12:07am On Apr 06, 2011
Re: I Predict A Run-off by ragdollz: 12:28am On Apr 06, 2011
Hmmn, a run-off? Same thing my dad said undecided, looks like some folks know something we don't undecided
Re: I Predict A Run-off by danjohn: 2:06am On Apr 06, 2011
I am one of those hoping for a runoff but as the days go by my confidence that a runoff with occur diminishes.

Buhari and Ribadu will not get 25% of the votes in 24 states period.

Jonathan is likely to win 25% in the following states:

Very Likely: 19 (Must get 25% in all 19)
Edo
Delta
Baylesa
Rivers
Cross River
Akwa Ibom
Abia
Enugu
Anambra
Ebonyi
Enugu
Plateau
Taraba
FCT
Kogi
Kwara
Benue
Lagos
Oyo

Likely: 3 (Must get 25% in all 3)
Ogun
Ondo
Osun

Battle Ground: 5 (Must get 25% in 2 out of 5)
Kaduna
Ekiti
Adamawa
Nasarawa
Niger

If Jonathan wins the popular vote and 25% in two of the battle ground states, then he wins on the first ballot.  Right now, I am pretty confident that he can get 25% in Ekiti and probably Kaduna.

My verdict is that for a runoff to happen, Buhari must win the popular vote.  He must spend the next 11 days in the Southwest: morning, noon, and night.  He must go to the markets, barber shops, churches, mosques, universities, restaurants.  Anywhere there is a registered voter in the SW, he must go.  Buhari must win 15% - 20% in the SW in order to make winning the popular vote probable.  I personally think he may need 25% in the SW to cement a popular vote victory.  This is my 2 cents.  I wish I was a Buhari campaign staffer. Even if it is as an unpaid adviser. I hope Buhari staffers are reading this.
Re: I Predict A Run-off by timbuktwo: 2:09am On Apr 06, 2011
danjohn:

I am one of those hoping for a runoff but as the days go by my confidence that a runoff with occur diminishes.

Buhari and Ribadu will not get 25% of the votes in 24 states period.

Jonathan is likely to win 25% in the following states:

Very Likely: 19 (Must get 25% in all 19)
Edo
Delta
Baylesa
Rivers
Cross River
Akwa Ibom
Abia
Enugu
Anambra
Ebonyi
Enugu
Plateau
Taraba
FCT
Kogi
Kwara
Benue
Lagos
Oyo

Likely: 3 (Must get 25% in all 3)
Ogun
Ondo
Osun

Battle Ground: 5 (Must get 25% in 2 out of 5)
Kaduna
Ekiti
Adamawa
Nasarawa
Niger

If Jonathan wins the popular vote and 25% in two of the battle ground states, then he wins on the first ballot.  Right now, I am pretty confident that he can get 25% in Ekiti and probably Kaduna.

My verdict is that for a runoff to happen, Buhari must win the popular vote.  He must spend the next 11 days in the Southwest: morning, noon, and night.  He must go to the markets, barber shops, churches, mosques, universities, restaurants.  Anywhere there is a registered vote in the SW, he must go.  Buhari must win 15% - 20% in the SW in order to make winning the popular vote probable.  I personally think he may need 25% in the SW to cement a popular vote victory.  This is my 2 cents.  I wish I was a Buhari campaign staffer.  Even if it is as an unpaid adviser.  I hope they have staffers reading this.

i think they know what they're doing.

just make sure you vote.

(1) (Reply)

Unforgiveable: See What Gej Has Done Again!? / Is This The Best Time To Travel Out Of Nigeria? / 60+ Churches Burned In Nigerian Muslim Stronghold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.