Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church (38832 Views)

Holy Aruosa Cathedral Is The Oldest Church In West Africa 1517 In Benin City / Masquerade Praying At The Grotto Of Holy Mary (Photo, Video) / I was The Chief Priest Of BlackAxe At UNILORIN - Pastor Fatoyinbo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by istina: 9:18pm On Feb 04, 2021
gregyboy:
The church is as a result of the festac mask

Were the Portuguese had to subject oba esigie in a though agreement in 17c, inother for them to assist benin in a war against igala and also to sell them gun, that the benins had to first convert to Christianity

Oba esigie d wise, had no church to allow the church to be erected, the Portuguese knowing benin won't fully convert to Christianity decided to fight along with benin for the oba attempting to accept Christianity in the first place , but then refused to sell guns to binis

The benin won the idah war and the church remained till date having a mixture of catholicism and a benin traditional religion

Like every traditional center in benin is headed by a priest same as the holy arousa

Oba gha to kpere ise

So a fake or false church set up just to woo the Benin people
Ah africa don suffer.
No wonder someone up there said all Benin churches are glorified shrines

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by istina: 9:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
gregyboy:

Ogun if you're not busy remove his imbecilic mouth

Back to sender by fire

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by gregyboy(m): 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
istina:

So a fake or false church set up just to woo the Benin people
Ah africa don suffer.
No wonder someone up there said all Benin churches are glorified shrines

E blike say u mad come life

Abi relaxer dey your brain

If i was edo governor i go burn down all church leave our shrine

Hope you're feeling good now

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by istina: 9:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
gregyboy:

E blike say u mad come life

Abi relaxer dey your brain

If i was edo governor i go burn down all church leave our shrine

Hope you're feeling good now
Exactly my point
If you want to do church, do church
If you want to do shrine, do shrine.
But to label a shrine a church is nothing more than Holy cacophony

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by gregyboy(m): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
istina:

Exactly my point
If you want to do church, do church
If you want to do shrine, do shrine.
But to label a shrine a church is nothing more than Holy cacophony

That shouldn't concern you bro, neither are you the Portuguese that brought the Christianity or a benin man to have a say On the church

You're just one of the conquered people who her ancestor abandon their religion for that of the
Whitemans

Stop feeling like you have some form of entitlement to Christianity

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by istina: 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
gregyboy:

That shouldn't concern neither are you the Portuguese that brought the Christianity or a benin man to have a say
On the church

You're just one of the conquered people who her ancestor abandon their religion for that of the
Whiteman
If you too were not conquered you wouldn't be using that whiteman language to communicate now
Afterall, you were conquered thats why you were made to learn their language

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by GrandFinale2021(m): 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
4ckyou:
Didn't know this Oba is even active oh with the way fulani herdsmen are disturbing in orhionwon local government and yet he couldn't do a thing about it.
and also the rate of killings, armed robbery, cult killings in Benin city.
The man is just silent

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by olorunyomi25149: 10:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
:That church was been established during the time of Oba Esigie by the Portuguese...It was the Benin way of Christianityplease tell me more
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by sonofElElyon: 7:31am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
What business does the heathen have with the church. Is the oba a christian? This is quite absurd

not a christian churchl. cathedral used loosely as place of worship.. bini traditional religion.. my thoughts.. bini people should help us out here

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by MsAllison(f): 7:32am On Feb 05, 2021
bini get church ? cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by tillaman(m): 7:33am On Feb 05, 2021
Oba dey sack priest
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by MsAllison(f): 7:34am On Feb 05, 2021
Etinosa1234:
That church was been established during the time of Oba Esigie by the Portuguese...

It was the Benin way of Christianity
na catholic?
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Jerryherd: 7:34am On Feb 05, 2021
shocked

Na wa... Edo State and strange events

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 05, 2021
christistruth01:

"The Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty Omo N’Oba Ewuare Ogidigan (11), has approved the sack of the presiding priest of Holy Aruosa Cathedral, Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, for alleged non-compliance with ancient long tradition of the land

The decision was jointly taken by the traditional head of the church, HRM Oba Ewuare the second, joint elders committee and top palace chiefs after Okao was found guilty of violating the long-standing rules of the church."

The Oba of Benin has just Confirmed and reconfirmed that most Benin Churches are glorified Shrines run by hardened JuJu Priests

Okao must have been an exception with Prayers that were too hot for the Palace Idols to handle

grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by SoliBayNG: 7:36am On Feb 05, 2021
A lot of you shouting do not understand the history. Just as the King/Queen used to be the Head of the Catholic Church, so is the Oba to this church.

When the Portuguese came to Benin, they did not change the format of worshipping God like how the British did.

Rather, they taught the Binis how to worship God through their own traditions.

The church has been that way since the 15th century. So you can understand why he's being sacked for non-compliance.

As a matter of fact, a number of Binis can still speak Portuguese, or at least did, up to the 20th century.

7 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 05, 2021
thorpido:
Osanobua!
Na Oba dey sack priest again.

Ai we nen ovbokhan ghe ru akon gai; sokpan o ghi mien akhuarhamwen unu ya guere.
So you na bini boy sef?
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by PrinceMajestic: 7:37am On Feb 05, 2021
Oba is the supreme God as far as Bini is concerned. His the head and not any damn scammer priest. May his days be long and the glory of his stool follow its descendants always. Greetings Your Majesty

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by PAWG(m): 7:37am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
What business does the heathen have with the church. Is the oba a christian? This is quite absurd

it's not a christian church bruh, it's a heathen church, don't be fooled by the name

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by casppyjay: 7:38am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
it’s okay u know if u just google the history of bini kingdom or seek the knowledge from a library or call friends little things like this makes life beautiful.. I enjoy information.,I’m an extrovert,hate antisocial personality and because of diz by default I tend to explore and know almost everything about anything.. and it’s a beautiful feeling to be informed.. try it u can thank me later..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by InvertedHammer: 7:38am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
/ grin grin
You'd rather bow and worship a folktale Jewish man than respect the king in your land.

Black people!

/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Myer(m): 7:38am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:

At least they are honest.
The bible says Light and darkness cannot coexist 2 Corinthians 6:14 yet our churches today are mixing the two on the regular.
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Ahmeduana(m): 7:38am On Feb 05, 2021
ERockson:
I wonder how the order of service will look like, They should just call it another thing and not church
Some people like deceiving thereselves instead of calling it fraternity of the palace chiefs.
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by criuze(m): 7:39am On Feb 05, 2021
in the hierarchy

Oba would have been the Pope
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by MsAllison(f): 7:39am On Feb 05, 2021
PAWG:

it's not a christian church bruh, it's a heathen church, don't be fooled by the name
I for say oo
the building sef look heathen sef

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Abudu2000(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
unlike ur ritualist obas ours is a Christian. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Minjim: 7:41am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:

I'm not sure it's a church that has to do with Christianity
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by eliash: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
can't you just be quiet when you ignorant about something....or ask question to know more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by casppyjay: 7:43am On Feb 05, 2021
Chii59:

So you na bini boy sef?
no he’s esan! Except he’s confused or u are or both of u.. lol osanobua is esan and osalobua is bini... except I’m wrong I doubt so because I can easily say I can’t be rusty to forget languages that I speak both and understand because of age and lack of practice I think my observations are too distinctive to be forgotten..
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Antoeni(m): 7:44am On Feb 05, 2021
He Thief Offering?
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by EmmaOgbu(m): 7:44am On Feb 05, 2021
That was not Church op, its a cathedral.

Oba just sacked the chief priest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven / TB Joshua: Chris Okotie Is A Disgrace, Has Mental Problem - Prophet Iginla / "Disabled German Lady Healed At TB Joshua's Church" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.