Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church (38831 Views)

Holy Aruosa Cathedral Is The Oldest Church In West Africa 1517 In Benin City / Masquerade Praying At The Grotto Of Holy Mary (Photo, Video) / I was The Chief Priest Of BlackAxe At UNILORIN - Pastor Fatoyinbo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Minjim: 7:44am On Feb 05, 2021
If it's a real Christian Church then this will set the pace for something unprecedented
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 05, 2021
Etinosa1234:
That church was been established during the time of Oba Esigie by the Portuguese...

It was the Benin way of Christianity
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2021
casppyjay:
no he’s esan! Except he’s confused or u are or both of u.. lol osanobua is esan and osalobua is bini... except I’m wrong I doubt so because I can easily say I can’t be rusty to forget languages that I speak both and understand because of age and lack of practice I think my observations are too distinctive to be forgotten..
I'm neither bini nor esan. What do I know? Thanks jare.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by eliash: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2021
istina:

So a fake or false church set up just to woo the Benin people
Ah africa don suffer.
No wonder someone up there said all Benin churches are glorified shrines
why prove to us you don't have sense
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 05, 2021
SoliBayNG:
A lot of you shouting do not understand the history. Just as the King/Queen used to be the Head of the Catholic Church, so is the Oba to this church.

When the Portuguese came to Benin, they did not change the format of worshipping God like how the British did.

Rather, they thought the Binis how to worship God through their own traditions.

The church has been that way since the 15th century. So you can understand why he's being sacked for non-compliance.

As a matter of fact, a number of Binis can still speak Portuguese, or at least did, up to the 20th century.
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2021
Benin way of christianity....Who knows what they will fabricate again with the aruosa church...Maybe this time they defeated Ethiopia and built the church to mark it's remembrance

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by INCREDIBLE007(m): 7:53am On Feb 05, 2021
Benin national church

na wa o
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by eliash: 7:55am On Feb 05, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Benin way of christianity....Who knows what they will fabricate again with the aruosa church...Maybe this time they defeated Ethiopia and built the church to mark it's remembrance
e shock you how bini people take dai great abi

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Prechgold1180(m): 7:56am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
What business does the heathen have with the church. Is the oba a christian? This is quite absurd
. You just open your mouth wah

Try understand something before u give ur opinion

For ur information holy Arousa is a traditional church for Benin traditional rulers d beliefs and doctrine der are not same with d normal Christian church

Holy arousa is located at akpakpava close to big joe in Benin

Just like how we Christian believe in Jesus Christ
Holy arousa believes in d name of the oba of Benin

They pray with the name of oba of Benin

And it’s activities differs from normal Christian activy

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by casppyjay: 7:57am On Feb 05, 2021
Chii59:

I'm neither bini nor esan. What do I know? Thanks jare.
me too.. it’s okay Nigeria is now too tensed no time to even enjoy life let alone new stuffs or research history.. unlike when I was growing up it was way nicer and peaceful. Nothing compare to now although peace here is relative but it makes a lot of difference..
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Chatbot1234: 7:57am On Feb 05, 2021
christistruth01:

"The Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty Omo N’Oba Ewuare Ogidigan (11), has approved the sack of the presiding priest of Holy Aruosa Cathedral, Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, for alleged non-compliance with ancient long tradition of the land

The decision was jointly taken by the traditional head of the church, HRM Oba Ewuare the second, joint elders committee and top palace chiefs after Okao was found guilty of violating the long-standing rules of the church."

The Oba of Benin has just Confirmed and reconfirmed that most Benin Churches are glorified Shrines run by hardened JuJu Priests

Okao must have been an exception with Prayers that were too hot for the Palace Idols to handle

cheesy cheesy you know nothing, lol

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2021
christistruth01:

"The Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty Omo N’Oba Ewuare Ogidigan (11), has approved the sack of the presiding priest of Holy Aruosa Cathedral, Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, for alleged non-compliance with ancient long tradition of the land

The decision was jointly taken by the traditional head of the church, HRM Oba Ewuare the second, joint elders committee and top palace chiefs after Okao was found guilty of violating the long-standing rules of the church."

The Oba of Benin has just Confirmed and reconfirmed that most Benin Churches are glorified Shrines run by hardened JuJu Priests

Okao must have been an exception with Prayers that were too hot for the Palace Idols to handle

stfu! Who told you the Jewish idol is stronger than the Bini idol?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by EvangelistIsaac(m): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2021
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Burruchaga71(m): 8:02am On Feb 05, 2021
Only in Nigeria....
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by EvangelistIsaac(m): 8:03am On Feb 05, 2021
Doraty1:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-oba-of-benin-sacks-priest-of-holy-aruosa-church/

What was the order or the long standing rulr he flaunted ? Can They let the public know?
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Akaegwu(m): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2021
milann:
What business does the heathen have with the church. Is the oba a christian? This is quite absurd
It not a Christian church, but rather a Benin traditional church. The Oba is the Bishop.
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 05, 2021
eliash:
e shock you how bini people take dai great abi

Lol

Great Indeed
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Etinosa1234: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2021
MsAllison:
na catholic?

Yep...most likely
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by hopexter(m): 8:11am On Feb 05, 2021
istina:

So a fake or false church set up just to woo the Benin people
Ah africa don suffer.
No wonder someone up there said all Benin churches are glorified shrines

You misunderstood the history of the church. It was the Benins who setup the church, mixed with their tradition and controlled by the Oba of Benin.
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Dozie32(m): 8:11am On Feb 05, 2021
christistruth01:

You get sense my brother. Dont mind them!
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Etinosa1234: 8:12am On Feb 05, 2021
casppyjay:
no he’s esan! Except he’s confused or u are or both of u.. lol osanobua is esan and osalobua is bini... except I’m wrong I doubt so because I can easily say I can’t be rusty to forget languages that I speak both and understand because of age and lack of practice I think my observations are too distinctive to be forgotten..

Its the other way round

Osanobua is Benin

Osanobua is esan
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Kirigidi(m): 8:15am On Feb 05, 2021
pointblank247:
please tell me more
The Holy Aruosa Church was founded during the period of Portuguese visits and trades with the ancient Benin Empire many centuries ago. That church is more than 500 years old and was established during the reign of Oba Esigie in 1502. The Portuguese in the course of their long interactions with the Binis introduced Catholicism and efforts were made to convert the natives to Christians. But when the Portuguese left, the Binis had over the centuries fused Catholic beliefs and traditional beliefs to form the Holy Aruosa Church under the headship of the Oba. All these happened long before the British came and created Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by pasol4real(m): 8:15am On Feb 05, 2021
gregyboy:
The church is as a result of the festac mask

Were the Portuguese had to subject oba esigie in a though agreement in 17c, inother for them to assist benin in a war against igala and also to sell them gun, that the benins had to first convert to Christianity

Oba esigie d wise, had no church to allow the church to be erected, the Portuguese knowing benin won't fully convert to Christianity decided to fight along with benin for the oba attempting to accept Christianity in the first place , but then refused to sell guns to binis

The benin won the idah war and the church remained till date having a mixture of catholicism and a benin traditional religion

Like every traditional center in benin is headed by a priest same as the holy arousa

Oba gha to kpere ise
Thunder fire you for trying to mix Catholicism with this devilry
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Vivian16: 8:19am On Feb 05, 2021
[quote author=Prechgold1180 post=98759055]. You just open your mouth wah

Try understand something before u give ur opinion

For ur information holy Arousa is a traditional church for Benin traditional rulers d beliefs and doctrine der are not same with d normal Christian church

Holy arousa is located at akpakpava close to big joe in Benin

Just like how we Christian believe in Jesus Christ
Holy arousa believes in d name of the oba of Benin

They pray with the name of oba of Benin

And it’s activities differs from normal Christian activy[/quote What is the name of their Holy book is it Bible or another book ?
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by gregyboy(m): 8:21am On Feb 05, 2021
pasol4real:

Thunder fire you for trying to mix Catholicism with this devilry

Lol, see this religious slave

Defending a middle eastern religion, that you're not even sure if you die now, the white God would allow your color type into heaven in the first place

I pity you

After 200yrs your ancestors left their traditional practice you now feel confident and self entitlement to the mideastern religion

Think about it, racism in heaven

You're lost....

A Blackman and a Whiteman God outmost confusion

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by eliash: 8:22am On Feb 05, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Lol

Great Indeed
nor dai hate na so e b
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by bjdon: 8:24am On Feb 05, 2021
gregyboy:

That shouldn't concern you bro, neither are you the Portuguese that brought the Christianity or a benin man to have a say On the church

You're just one of the conquered people who her ancestor abandon their religion for that of the
Whitemans

Stop feeling like you have some form of entitlement to Christianity

You are a true African. Well done
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by pointblank247(m): 8:25am On Feb 05, 2021
Kirigidi:
The Holy Aruosa Church was founded during the period of Portuguese visits and trades with the ancient Benin Empire many centuries ago. That church is more than 500 years old and was established during the reign of Oba Esigie in 1502. The Portuguese in the course of their long interactions with the Binis introduced Catholicism and efforts were made to convert the natives to Christians. But when the Portuguese left, the Binis had over the centuries fused Catholic beliefs and traditional beliefs to form the Holy Aruosa Church under the headship of the Oba. All these happened long before the British came and created Nigeria.
very interesting.
I wish to worship there to experience what it is like.
Re: Oba Of Benin Sacks Ohen-Osa Harrison Okao, Priest Of Holy Aruosa Church by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2021
eliash:
nor dai hate na so e b

I am not hating , I only empowered your statement....Great Indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Opambour: Men With Big Manhoods, Bleached Skin Won’t Make It To Heaven / TB Joshua: Chris Okotie Is A Disgrace, Has Mental Problem - Prophet Iginla / "Disabled German Lady Healed At TB Joshua's Church" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.