Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? (15238 Views)

Is Oral And Anal Sex Spiritually Hygienic In Christian Marriages??? / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically / Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka In Subsidy Removal(he Cursed Jonathan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by truthpleas: 2:56am On Sep 16, 2010
Someone please explain to me how Ham could be crused given these facts:

The first king, and the first worldwide emperor, after Noah cursed Canaan, was Nimrod, whom is a son of Cush, and of the line of Ham. Thus, the curse was only on Canaan. Furthermore, the Egyptians were no bodies servants and they were of the line of Ham through his son Mizraim. But they did have some of Shem's great great great great on and on kids as their servants. The Israelites. Remember the story of the Exodus. So again we see no curse. Lastly, in the bible we see the curse on Canaan fulfilled twice. IN the land of Cannan, the Canaanites became the slaves of the Israelites and Persians, thus the servants of the sons of Shem and Japheth when they were conqured. Please give me your feedback brothers and sisters.

Also, most of western europeans do not even believe in god. Look it up. Wiki it. Google it. So is material wealth a good indicator of spirituality? Most Africans do believe in God not matter thier religion.

Your thoughts welcomed and desired.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by truthpleas: 3:00am On Sep 16, 2010
Someone please explain to me how Ham could be crused given these facts:

The first king, and the first worldwide emperor, after Noah cursed Canaan, was Nimrod, whom is a son of Cush, and of the line of Ham.  Thus, the curse was only on Canaan.  Furthermore, the Egyptians were no bodies servants and they were of the line of Ham  through his son Mizraim.   But they did have some of Shem's great great great great on and on kids as their servants.  The Israelites.  Remember the story of the Exodus.  So again we see no curse.  Lastly, in the bible we see the curse on Canaan fulfilled twice.  IN the land of Cannan, the Canaanites became the slaves of the Israelites and Persians, thus the servants of the sons of Shem and Japheth when they were conqured.    Please give me your feedback brothers and sisters.

Also, most of western europeans do not even believe in god.  Look it up.  Wiki it.  Google it.  So is material wealth a good indicator of spirituality?  Most Africans do believe in God not matter thier religion.

Your thoughts welcomed and desired.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by truthpleas: 3:12am On Sep 16, 2010
Let me know what you think about my point of view:

The first king, and the first worldwide emperor, after Noah cursed Canaan, was Nimrod, whom is a son of Cush, and of the line of Ham. Thus, the curse was only on Canaan. Furthermore, the Egyptians were no bodies servants and they were of the line of Ham through his son Mizraim. But they did have some of Shem's great great great great on and on kids as their servants. The Israelites. Remember the story of the exodus. So again we see no curse. Lastly, in the bible we see the curse on Canaan fulfilled twice. The Canaanites became the slaves of the Jews and Persians, thus the servants of the sons of Shem and Japheth.

Also, is material riches a good example of spiritual blessing and relationship with god. Most Africans believe in god now and for the last 4000 years or more. Most Western Europeans do not believe in god. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism So is it really correct to say Africa is cursed?

Let me know what you think about my comments?
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
smiley
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by truthpleas: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2010
I retract my previous arguement of why Africa is not cursed with regard to the Egyptians, becuase the Egyptians come under judgment at some point. Anyhow, if you follow God, your blessed, whatever your race, ethnicity, geographic location. You can count on that. As for the last guy, I would say what is your proof for the following statements:

You're cursed if you've really read the bible and accept the wanton bill$hit in it.
You're a DUMB COON if you believe the Noah flood story has anything to do with reality
What else can you say about millions of people being willing psychological slaves to a Jewish or Arab deity who lives above the earths atmosphere?

BTW, Jewish deity, would be a African diety. Palestine if in truth part of Africa. Do not fall into how the european has tried to name things. Middle east lol.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
truthpleas:

I retract my previous arguement of why Africa is not cursed with regard to the Egyptians, becuase the Egyptians come under judgment at some point. Anyhow, if you follow God, your blessed, whatever your race, ethnicity, geographic location. You can count on that. As for the last guy, I would say what is your proof for the following statements:

You're cursed if you've really read the bible and accept the wanton bill$hit in it.
You're a DUMB COON if you believe the Noah flood story has anything to do with reality
What else can you say about millions of people being willing psychological slaves to a Jewish or Arab deity who lives above the earths atmosphere?

BTW, Jewish deity, would be a African diety. Palestine if in truth part of Africa. Do not fall into how the european has tried to name things. Middle east lol.

Jewish deity would be an African deity? How is that?
Middle east is just another name for south west Asia.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2010
Africa is not cursed. africa has just not developed at the same pace as other races. One race has to be advanced and others are measured according to the criteria of that race

During the time of Jesus, the Roman empire was the dominant civilisation in the world and latin was the language of choice. today both are no more. in the 14th and 15th Centuries Spain and portugal were the dominant powers in the world. today they struggle to make the top twenty.

At the turn of the 20th century, Britain was the most powerful contry in the world with an empire that covered 25% of the world. Today, india that was a jewel in its crown is now challenging it economically

As a kid growing up, I new about the isrealites being slaves before I even heard about blacks being slaves. The bible makes us believe that Isrealites are the chosen race but they were slaves for genberations and they ended up being driven out of their homelands by christians and muslims alike. Were they cursed?

Let us not use this curse thing as an excuse for our under development. we are under developed because the world left us behind not any stupid curse

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2010
Africa is not cursed. africa has just not developed at the same pace as other races.  One race has to be advanced and others are measured according to the criteria of that race

During the time of Jesus, the Roman empire was the dominant civilisation in the world and latin was the language of choice. today both are no more. in the 14th and 15th Centuries Spain and portugal were the dominant powers in the world. today they struggle to make the top twenty.

At the turn of the 20th century, Britain was the most powerful contry in the world with an empire that covered 25% of the world.  Today, india that was a jewel in its crown is now challenging it economically

As a kid growing up, I new about the isrealites being slaves before I even heard about blacks being slaves. The bible makes us believe that Isrealites are the chosen race but they were slaves for genberations and they ended up being driven out of their homelands by christians and muslims alike. Were they cursed?

Let us not use this curse thing as an excuse for our under development. we are under developed because the world left us behind not any stupid curse

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by MtuFulani: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2011
of course africans are a cursed people. any monkey can tell you that! africans are the dumbest people on earth. they love to elect the most unwise leaders who fullfill their mandate to rob and rape their own people. africans are so selfish. its sickening. i can tell you right now that black people will never get ahead. we are too stupid to help ourselves. in fact we would be doing the rest of the wold a favor if we all killed ourselves and stop begging them for help. if you take a serious look at african affairs, you will see how trully foolish we are. fucking niggaz.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by divinereal: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2011
Africa is not cursed we are just bound by foreign ideologies and concepts of religion. Christianity and Islam are not the answer to our problems. We will have to move away from those ideologies and modernize our traditional systems as well. It's all about moving our thought process into a modern age.

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by lepasharon(f): 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
it is black pp as a whole who r cursed! read deutoronomy, d original israelites were black driven out of dere 4 disoddience shocked
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by opory: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
africa is the one of the richest continents on this earth .we are highly favoured. wink
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by urahara(m): 11:59am On Oct 29, 2018
Seun:
Diakim,

If one reads that passage carefully, it appears that not all of Ham's descendants were cursed. Only the Canaanites, who were the subject of a prolonged campaign ('ethnic cleansing' in today's terms) by Joshua and the Isrealites ...

Anyway, my point is that even if Africa is actually cursed, it is not written in that particular passage of the bible. Besides, there have been times in history when certain African nations were world powers, so we can't attribute our current problems to a curse.

Really ......

Pls give examples
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Seun(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2018
urahara:
Really ... Pls give examples
Hmm. How about Egypt and the Benin kingdom?
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by urahara(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
Seun:
Hmm. How about Egypt and the Benin kingdom?

, Egypt is not a black mans creation. Egyptians were not black.

What is Benin kingdom compared to when 2000 years ago , Romans where building colloseums when blacks where still struggling to use rafia nad mud to build mud houses.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Seun(m): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2018
urahara:
Egypt is not a black mans creation. Egyptians were not black.
Agreed. Though this was just recently discovered.

What is Benin kingdom compared to when 2000 years ago , Romans where building colloseums when blacks where still struggling to use rafia nad mud to build mud houses.
I'll abandon this line of argument and go back to the point that only Canaan was cursed in the passage that inspired this thread. The purpose of the story of Canaan being cursed was to justify the ethnic cleansing of the land of Canaan by the Israelites. Biblical authors view Ham's son Kush as the ancestor of black Africans and he was not cursed. So there is no biblical basis for the notion that blacks are cursed.

If you believe that black people are cursed, how do you explain Obama, Serena Williams, Michael Jordan, Dangote, Oprah Winfrey, Beyonce?

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by vaxx: 11:11am On Oct 30, 2018
Seun:

This is not even true, extensive research still maintain the intitial point of veiw. European are claming ownership of Egypt just like how some africans are claiming ownership of isreal. Some kind of low self esteem in diplay.

Ancient Egypt is indeeed African and belongs to blacks

Check this article written by trusted authority (university of Cambridge )....http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/egypt/kemet/virtualkemet/faq/

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by vaxx: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2018
urahara:

Egypt is not a black mans creation. Egyptians were not black.
visit this place

...http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/ant/egypt/kemet/virtualkemet/faq/

What is Benin kingdom compared to when 2000 years ago , Romans where building colloseums when blacks where still struggling to use rafia nad mud to build mud houses

Do you linked development to buildings or civilization? I will like to know.

But let me tell you that some sub-saharan civilisation evolved parallel to Greece and Rome, namely the regions that eventually became the Kingdom of Aksum and later became the Ethiopian Empire and today's Ethiopia. At its peak, this empire controlled the Gulf of Aden, parts of modern-day Yemen. Great Zimbabwe., mali empire and some few others.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by urahara(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
Seun:

I'll abandon this line of argument and go back to the point that only Canaan was cursed in the passage that inspired this thread. The purpose of the story of Canaan being cursed was to justify the ethnic cleansing of the land of Canaan by the Israelites. Biblical authors view Ham's son Kush as the ancestor of black Africans and he was not cursed. So there is no biblical basis for the notion that blacks are cursed.

If you believe that black people are cursed, how do you explain Obama, Serena Williams, Michael Jordan, Dangote, Oprah Winfrey, Beyonce?

Lol , I have never for once believed the silly story of Noah . And the thing is that cannaan was cursed and not Ham , maybe the isrealites used this to justify their destruction of Canaan.

Black people are not cursed , blacks are just wired differently.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Aaronsrod: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
We are cursed oo!

Only the son of God can lift the Fathers curse.

Warship Him and wash in His blood. Pray unceasingly.

Africa shall rise through Jesus alone.

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by OpenYourEyes1: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
Canaan was a land of Giants. God actually flooded Earth because of the violent giants.
They somehow reappeared after the flood and lived mostly in Canaan.

Moors (black muslims) enslaved Europeans too. The Europeans probably learned slavery from them.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Bitterleafsoup: 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2018
urahara:

, Egypt is not a black mans creation. Egyptians were not black.

You are wrong.

Have you heard of Nubia?

Sudan has more pyramids then Egypt 223 exact.

Kingdom of Kush is not a myth my Dear do more research.
Kush conquered Egypt what is the race of Kushites?
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Bitterleafsoup: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2018
Aaronsrod:
We are cursed oo!

Only the son of God can lift the Fathers curse.

Warship Him and wash in His blood. Pray unceasingly.

Africa shall rise through Jesus alone.
Brose go and sit down with dat your white man....
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Aaronsrod: 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
Brose go and sit down with dat your white man....

Blasphemer!!

Be very careful what you say.

He is our Alpha and Omega.

Without Him you are nothing.

Without Him Africa will die.

1 Like

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by urahara(m): 2:08am On Nov 01, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:

You are wrong.

Have you heard of Nubia?

I have heard of nubia
Bitterleafsoup:

Sudan has more pyramids then Egypt 223 exact.

It has more pyramis which are all badly short and nothing but cheap imitations and a legacy of egypta iron handed rule for hundreds of years
Bitterleafsoup:

Kush conquered Egypt what is the race of Kushites?

The kushites were black.

By the time the kushites conquered Egypt it was already a shadow of itself.too weak

Ruled by countless other people .by then they were just passing them like baton the pic below are the Nubian pyramids

Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by ifenes(m): 2:11am On Nov 01, 2018
No it’s not, just misunderstood at the moment
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Bitterleafsoup: 7:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Aaronsrod:

Blasphemer!!

Be very careful what you say.

He is our Alpha and Omega.

Without Him you are nothing.

Without Him Africa will die.
only one alpha and omega and he is not a white man painted by di Vinci. Black man wake up from your brain washing and read about the history of christianity.
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by 44chux(m): 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
Seun:

urahara:

Lol , I have never for once believed the silly story of Noah . And the thing is that cannaan was cursed and not Ham , maybe the isrealites used this to justify their destruction of Canaan.

They Bible is clearer on a-lot more issues than most people give it credit for.
Analyzing just the book of Deuteronomy alone, we see that the Isrealites were:

1. Commisioned to destroy 7 nations completely (Deuteronomy 7:1-2), but enslave others who may challenge them (Deuteronomy 20:14-17).

2. Not because they were cursed, but because they had been scheduled for destruction for their unique wickedness just like Sodom & Gomorah. (Deuteronomy 9:1-4).

3. The Israelites would takeover their lands just because it had been promised to Abraham & sons. (Deuteronomy 9:5-6)

4. The entire Israelites (men) were mandated to participate in this ethnic cleansing (Deuteronomy 3:18-20).

5. It was to be a slow & gradual destruction to serve as a lesson to other nations and a test for the Isrealites (Deuteronomy 7:22-24).

6. They were forbidden from inter-marrying from these nations (Deuteronomy 7:3-4), but were allowed to marry other nations. (Deuteronomy 21: 10-13)

7. The rules of engagement for other nations were less crude. At the least, the nations were offered a choice (Deuteronomy 20:10-12). The Isrealites were allowed to exempt themselves from any military campaign not involving those 7 nations (Deuteronomy 20:2-8 ), and they could take their daughters as wives, and their men as slaves, as a reward for participating in any such campaign (Deuteronomy 20:10-14).

8. Part of the fear was that those 7 nations might corrupt/ infect the Israelites (Deuteronomy 12: 29-31; 18: 9-12)
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by Aaronsrod: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:
Canaan was a land of Giants. God actually flooded Earth because of the violent giants.
They somehow reappeared after the flood and lived mostly in Canaan.

Moors (black muslims) enslaved Europeans too. The Europeans probably learned slavery from them.

Wisdom indeed!
Re: Is Africa Cursed Spiritually? by BigBashiru: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2019
Nigeria seems to take one step forward and then three steps backwards... also nigerians are more wicked than international average - kidnappings, Yahoo, rituals etc. Africans are truly the cursed descendants of Canaan.

As we speak thousands of Africans are trying to cross illegally into Europe. Always running to Japheth and Shem countries shamelessly. Blacks have also never invented anything major. Slave trade also proves this curse against Ham/ Canaan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Ways You Can "Honor Your Father And Mother" / Should Women Lead A Congregation Or A Church? / How Can I Know When God Has Left Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.