Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know (78918 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency, Introduces Taxation Instead / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by khia: 7:22am On Feb 15, 2021
Alezy:
I lobe your last sentence, they all wanted GEJ out so bad because of stupid tribalism. Mostly the west. How far now??

Happy Valentine's Day my Darling Sweetheart kiss

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by stuntman007: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
CSTRR:

You must have a Ghanian passport to register in a bank in Ghana.

I don't think so. I don't leave in GH, but I know it is possible to open an acc. in GH. foreigners open accounts in Nigeria. moreso we have guys from naija working and doing businesses, I believe they open account there. I stand to be corrected.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by AlphaSoul: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://mobile.twitter.com
/StearsBusiness/status/1357753704783478785
+1
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by AlphaSoul: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2021
magicminister:
You have to be really dense to not know this is their response to the end sars protest.

November last year, CBN banned all direct transfers to Nigerian bank accounts from outside the country. You can recieve money but not more than $5000 and not directly to your bank account, you’d need to go to the bank, provide ID and recieve in Cash.

Now, CBN banner crypto. Remember during the protest, after bank transfers were banned from sites like flutter wave, the people switched to crypto! Now the crypto is gone, people died and the protest is looking like it was for nothing!
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by AlphaSoul: 11:44am On Feb 23, 2021
Sailor1:
I see this as a waste of time but CBN. Western countries and even China once tried it and all finally succumbed. Now they've moved from putting a ban to making sure folks pay tax on profits made.
The EU and China are also working on their officially floated crypt0 coins.

Money just like water will always find its level. If the CBN does not know that yet, this move will prove it to them.
When they introduced policies that made sure government officials (more so CBN officials) roundtripped the dollar and devalued the naira, when they give millions of scarce foreign exchange at a discount for pilgrimage and when the president demarkets Nigeria they did not know all that will devalue the Naira

That said, it is a shame that though crypto in Nigeria is still at its infancy, it has surpassed our local stock market. Money will always find its level. How will our stock market thrive when it is full of corruption and insider trading. Most folks who bought Nigerian stocks in 2007 boom are yet to recover their base capital over 13 years after without even adding the effect of devaluation. Meanwhile, even if you bought bitc0in at its peak of 20k USD in 2017, today, you are 100% in profit. That is just in USD. In naira, you are over 200% in profit when you factor devaluation of the naira.

Money will always find its way. Crypt0 stable coins pegged to the dollar helped alot of folks escape the effect of incessant naira devaluation.

Folks interested should join the crypt0 discussion on its official Nairaland thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6318352/crypto-currency-investors-thread/96#down
/
Deep!
/
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by jamin006: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2021
There are speculations that the reason is that CBN is trying to protect the value of Naira, hence the funny policy from them.

Most youths are now involved in crypto-related activities and blockchain technology cannot be stopped since it centers on the principle of decentralization.

However, crypto traders have been able to overcome this setback by falling back to the old way of buying and selling digital assets popularly known as Peer to Peer method.

A good number of exchanges have integrated the P2P platform and with this in place, traders can fund their crypto wallets and also withdraw from their crypto-wallets.

One of the things to consider when using this approach is safety. Scammers will want to take advantage of this opportunity and milk innocent crypto enthusiasts hence the need for newbies also known as noobs to transact using an exchange.

Personally, I prefer Quidax.com in funding and withdrawing my crypto assets. Quidax has an easy-to-navigate interface with a reliable customer support team.

For details on how to use the Quidax P2P platform, kindly visit this link: https://blog.quidax.com/make-way-p2p-is-live-on-quidax/
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Jaxx123: 5:21pm On May 14, 2021
CRYPTO CURRENCY CANNOT MAKE YOU RICH!

If the above headline is one of the thought you carry or your believe.

Or it is one of the fact that is pushing you from learning it because your spiritual father said it..

hello sir/ma, can you permit me to correct and straight it well.

crypto currency cannot only make you rich it can make you wealthy!

Yes! what I just said now is not from fact nor any motivation speech but real talk about it.

crypto currency trading has turn many Nigerian to instant millionaire infact billionaire!

I have seen an average Nigeria make a great wave of $20,000 from this business within a week.

I have seen a man move from rental appertment to his own house.

Hear this, last month , somebody I know bought a coin called doge at #115 and before anyone know what was happening the coin increase to #245 per one .

He eventually bought over 98,000 of it. Much profit.

Don't invest into what is not profitable but something strong and valuable.

This is what you need to succeed in this business.

Good information and knowledge is the first key you must know.

let me tell you this,

Binance finally list a token but only few people.know.
The price for one is just #5.

The name of the token is *MDT.
Though this coin was in the market but yet to transact.

I told people especially my ongoing student Nationwide to buy this token because of deep information over this project.

Early this morning, the transaction kick started.

The price is now #40 per one !!!!

My fellow,

With just #1000 you will buy 200 of this coin if only you know and you have this said information.

Let assure you wanted to sell this token now at #40. 40*200. You make #8,000. just like that. The price never stop rising!!!!

See the power of good information and knowledge!

Can you please change your mindset?
Can you please find someone to teach you deep details of this business?
Can you please change your mindset?

Do and see good reason why you should do it earlier

That is exactly, what crypto can do for you when you have good information and knowledge towards project.

What are you doing now?

I have advice u enough not to sit behind the door but kick started now.

If you think you need my help in any place in this crypto trading or you need good signal

chatting me and reaching me is not far.

0815 246 9749
olurantiprofile@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items / Suya Seller Sleeps Off While Standing And Selling Suya In Lagos (Photos) / Neteller Now Accept Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.