Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,911 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know (78987 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency, Introduces Taxation Instead / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by phadul: 2:02am On Feb 06, 2021
Give us jobs you can't! We set shops you demolish! We go online you restrict it! In the interim you increase the price of everything in the economy! And still come to our doorstep looking for money in the name if taxes to help this so called government that dont benefit anyone but the pockets of few individuals! Its ok

3 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by grandstar(m): 2:05am On Feb 06, 2021
Missyajoke:
If it's going to boost the economy its a welcome idea

How?
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by mmsen: 5:31am On Feb 06, 2021
This is what happens when you stuff your apex bank with people from the most unproductive part of the country as 'political favors'.

Una well done.

I await the day when the CBN makes a rational announcement.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by wonder233: 6:39am On Feb 06, 2021
Its not by 'smart sounding clapbacks'. You are empty, just like the vast majority, that is why you need influencers to think for you while you simply jump on any bandwagon and trend. Again, I ask: what do you know about the topic at hand? Dissect the topic on the basis of macroeconomics and show a correlation between foreign exchange reserves and domestic currency stability and national income. Then we can have a discussion. Don't come here with your typical Nigerian youth shallow social media intellect. Coming here yakking about end sars and thinking you're making sense. My friend go and sit the fvk down.
magicminister:

Remove all the insult and see if you made any atom of sense! You can engage people without resorting to insult but I guess your parent didn’t teach you that and even if they did, it’s obvious you learnt very little of nothing at all!
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Microwhy: 6:45am On Feb 06, 2021
lalasticlala:
So as more people buy crypto assets, more US dollars are being taken out of Nigeria. The pandemic and the resulting drop in oil prices has reduced the amount of dollars the CBN has in its reserves. And so it has been ruthless in restricting the use of foreign currency.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StearsBusiness/status/1357753704783478785
Stop the crab and stop been foolish with your analysis.
You deposit naira directly to all those exchanges (Binance=largest in the world, Luno Buycoin etc) without needing to convert to dollar.
Stop circulating lies and go back to who send you..
What is the difference between Crypto exchanges and forex exchanges...

Foolish people..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by namo77: 6:50am On Feb 06, 2021
If you have any means of leaving this country, leave asap. This country will kill you before your time

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Microwhy: 6:51am On Feb 06, 2021
wonder233:
Its not by 'smart sounding clapbacks'. You are empty, just like the vast majority, that is why you need influencers to think for you while you simply jump on any bandwagon and trend. Again, I ask: what do you know about the topic at hand? Dissect the topic on the basis of macroeconomics and show a correlation between foreign exchange reserves and domestic currency stability and national income. Then we can have a discussion. Don't come here with your typical Nigerian youth shallow social media intellect. Coming here yakking about end sars and thinking you're making sense. My friend go and sit the fvk down.
That means crypto is not good for the economy?
I just want to know, i don't want to follow the bandwagon please.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by EMMY76: 6:54am On Feb 06, 2021
The cbn is just wasting their time they don't have what it takes to completely stop cryptocurrency trading in this country nigerians will definitely look for other alternatives to trade their coins like using escrow accounts.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Curious345: 6:55am On Feb 06, 2021
stuntman007:
This thing is simple. We have Zenit, access and the rest back in Ghana and other neighbouring country around. Just go open account there, do your cryoto business then fund your naija account. Na our neighboring government go benefit from taxation on the bank transactions. Mumu government.
and you think it's easy opening ACC over there as a foreigner

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by MartinsD12(m): 7:15am On Feb 06, 2021
Mcslize:

Yes na. Was it not in the travel section a guy said he bought 0.8 bitcoin since 2015 and lost the login details since that time and as God will have it, he ended up finding the piece of paper he wrote the login details to his bitcoin wallet.

Guess how much he sold the 0.8 bitcoin this 2021?

12 million naira. Tell me if perhaps he kept 12 million naira by now won't the value depreciate.

That's how valuable crypto is if you can be patient to hold it for long.

OK noted
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Farolo: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2021
joey150:

All this ban talk aside.

Can you explain how you can buy a foreign (crypto)currency with Naira without dollar actually leaving the country?

So when you pay in Naira, what do you think actually happens?

While you pay in naira for crypto dollars, another person is selling their crypto dollars to the exchange. The exchange pays them in naira and gets crypto dollars which they send to you.

The exchange all happens within borders. There's absolutely no way dollars is leaving the country!

Go to the exchange page on NL, you see the volume of trade there? Millions are being exchanged daily there.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Jestin: 7:37am On Feb 06, 2021
Bitcoin have come to stay
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by abdulazeez1002(m): 7:39am On Feb 06, 2021
iamJ:
money is a legal tender that is guaranteed by a government

Bitcoin isn't guaranteed by anyone, if everybody using it decide to pull out, it will crash to zero cause bulk of it's current value is inflated

Are you this dumb?? Jeez embarassed

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by newisd75: 7:44am On Feb 06, 2021
this is easy 2 say on paper by d buhari fg than done in reality. nigeria economy will b on a free fall, with more bandits & boko haram activity
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by davididenyi(m): 8:26am On Feb 06, 2021
iamJ:
people said worst to me when I called mmm a ponzi scheme

What is Bitcoin? Can you hold it? Does it have an intrinsic value? Illiterate stop typing , you are a shame to digital world

If everybody decides to pull their money, who guarantees the payouts?

At least currency is a legal tender, bitcoin is dependent on people's believe and fomo cheesy

Last last una go wail, the only thing special about cryptocurrency is blockchain
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Freemasonry: 8:31am On Feb 06, 2021
Yesterday I got a call from the manager of my bank asking me why I use a domiciliary account and what kind of business I do.
Funny thing is after I explained that I was an online entrepreneur he kept asking if it was Bitcoin, and I kept explaining that I sold digital products and not cryptocurrencies. It was as if he badly wanted me to admit trading on crypto.
And that’s how they’re flagging people’s accounts.

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Binance(m): 8:33am On Feb 06, 2021
Microwhy:

Stop the crab and stop been foolish with your analysis.
You deposit naira directly to all those exchanges (Binance=largest in the world, Luno Buycoin etc) without needing to convert to dollar.
Stop circulating lies and go back to who send you..
What is the difference between Crypto exchanges and forex exchanges...

Foolish people..
Me sef shock looking at this Daura analysis o

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Dorcaz: 9:05am On Feb 06, 2021
Farolo:

While you pay in naira for crypto dollars, another person is selling their crypto dollars to the exchange. The exchange pays them in naira and gets crypto dollars which they send to you.

The exchange all happens within borders. There's absolutely no way dollars is leaving the country!

Go to the exchange page on NL, you see the volume of trade there? Millions are being exchanged daily there.

Kindly paste the link to the page here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Freech: 9:14am On Feb 06, 2021
4ckTOT0:
rubbish. cryptocurrency is bigger than naija govt. even top world powers like usa , china cant ban it, is it naija that cant even give its citizens nin?
next news abeg.
the govt hates anything that makes it citizens independent. they hate any thing they cant tax.
if there is anything they should ban is betnaija and co. for destroying the lives of many promising youths. n they wont ban it because they get a huge commission and tax from it. Bleep them all.
betting coys are worldwide so why are u suggesting their ban? Besides is not by force to bet.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 06, 2021
Nigerian governemt are afraid that their citizens might outsmart them and take over the government one day so anything to stop it that is what they are doing. Nigerian government are anti-people. Nigerian government always frustrating their citizens efforts. This is why Nigerians cut corners in everything, I don't blame them. their government systems are against nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by wonder233: 9:50am On Feb 06, 2021
Crypto is not bad. However, every country has its own peculiar economic challenges and takes measures to protect the larger economy to prevent a crash especially when it is a fragile economy like most developing nations. The developed nations can afford to go full scale with any new economic trend cos their economies are multi tirerd and can withstand any shocks, but even at that the regulators still step in from time to time to apply the breaks on some seemingly lucrative trends to prevent examples like the global economic melt down of 2008. For developing nations like Nigeria, it is even more dicey, any little thing, we are done for. Foreign exchange is at the heart of this crypto issue. The moment a developing nation experiences foreign exchange liquidity problems, it is done for. In our case, our major forex earner is oil, now with that sector not doing great in recent times, we have to be careful how we manage the little forex we have. If it is roundtripped and merely stored as crypto, it can only hurt the economy in the long run, and that is exactly what Nigerians do with crypto: buy and store and wait for it to magically appreciate in value, then become rich! But in other countries, crypto is being used for active transactions, meaning, the money still circulates within the economy, thereby creating wealth and boosting the economy.
So, the way we go about our crypto dealings here is what needs to change.
Microwhy:

That means crypto is not good for the economy?
I just want to know, i don't want to follow the bandwagon please.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by CSTRR: 9:53am On Feb 06, 2021
stuntman007:
This thing is simple. We have Zenit, access and the rest back in Ghana and other neighbouring country around. Just go open account there, do your cryoto business then fund your naija account. Na our neighboring government go benefit from taxation on the bank transactions. Mumu government.
You must have a Ghanian passport to register in a bank in Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by CSTRR: 9:54am On Feb 06, 2021
Nigeria is the second highest bitcoin market in the world after the USA.

At least as at the day before yesterday.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by 042gist: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2021
They can not even make a simple sentence. What is the Central of Bank of Nigerians
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Farolo: 10:40am On Feb 06, 2021
Dorcaz:

Kindly paste the link to the page here. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/5828664/currency-e-currency-market-deals-2020

Take note, only use reputable traders or request escrow from reputable persons. If in doubt, ask questions in the thread. There are good people there who would help you clarify and rectify. Wolves lurk around, so be careful. Do these and you're good.

I have worked with people on that thread for over 4 years, no complaints none whom I've seen face to face, yet we've exchanged millions remotely.

One person I would recommend whom I use (he only buys BTC though) is Ibraheem009. Man's a perfect gentleman to the core. We've traded BTC together for years. I just send to him and go to bed or go about my normal duties because alert must come in at most 20 minutes if bank delays. Normally, 5 minutes alert don show

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by writeprof(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2021
Signed by BELLO HASSAN & MUSA JIMOH after? approval by GODWIN EMEFIELE
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by SUPERPACK: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2021
Watch out for cryptocurrency scammers from now onwards, they are now on this thread to capitalize on the new confusion going on.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Dorcaz: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2021
Farolo:

https://www.nairaland.com/5828664/currency-e-currency-market-deals-2020

Take note, only use reputable traders or request escrow from reputable persons. If in doubt, ask questions in the thread. There are good people there who would help you clarify and rectify. Wolves lurk around, so be careful. Do these and you're good.

I have worked with people on that thread for over 4 years, no complaints none whom I've seen face to face, yet we've exchanged millions remotely.

One person I would recommend whom I use (he only buys BTC though) is Ibraheem009. Man's a perfect gentleman to the core. We've traded BTC together for years. I just send to him and go to bed or go about my normal duties because alert must come in at most 20 minutes if bank delays. Normally, 5 minutes alert don show

Thanks a lot. Would put your admonition to good use.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by GMBuhari: 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2021
Sailor1:
I
Money will always find its way. Crypt0 stable coins pegged to the dollar helped alot of folks escape the effect of incessant naira devaluation.

I bought 10000 units of FBN PO in 2008

The last time I received dividend was in 2018 or so and what's the value? 2,500

I bough access bank arounf the same time, my dividend is about $0.68 cents around same 2018

I bought syebank as well those ones don't even bother sending dividends

Point is so much corruption, dishonesty and blatant bold face robbing citizens, I wouldn't advise the child of my enemy to buy Nigerian stocks, the people in charge are bereft of new ideas and they keep stealing all the profits
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Rooneyboy(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
iamJ:
mmm users said the same thing grin
why are u displaying such high level of ignorance? If you don't know something don't you think the best thing is to learn?

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by magicminister: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
wonder233:

1- how does a blanket ban of money transfer to Nigerian accounts from overseas make sense as a monetary policy??
1a- initially, payouts were made in Naira, now CBN mandated payouts to be made in dollars. Which is good for the customer but bad for the economy as a whole.

2- how does blanket ban of crypto make sense from a monetary policy perspective?

Any reasonable government will tax crypto gains on cash out. 10% of your crypto gains every time you cash out goes to the government or something like that.

Lol... I’m more exposed and clearly smarter and 10000 times richer than you. I typically don’t engage peasants but I’m bored lol! Insult away... it’s okay, take your frustration out on a random anonymous guy that can change your entire generation lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items / Suya Seller Sleeps Off While Standing And Selling Suya In Lagos (Photos) / Bitcoin Lord Acquires New Mansion And Cars After EFCC Release - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.