Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know (78944 Views)

FG Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency, Introduces Taxation Instead / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Tonytonex(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
1million Bitcoins is 37 billion dollars
okay
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Mcslize: 11:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
mmm users said the same thing grin

Why will you even think of this myopic statement? A digital currency that has use case is what u referring to as MMM?

Do you know you can pay for many things with crypto? Do you know you can book a flight with crypto? Do you know you can get into real estate with crypto? Do you know you can go into agriculture with crypto? All of that are use cases which makes crypto to be a legal tender.

Don't always hope on working 5-9 job. You can never be wealthy by working all your life. Crypto has turned many to multi millionaires in dollars. Why other are sleeping bad mouthing crypto and remaining in poverty, the wise ones are investing in crypto for their futures and the future of their children.

Be guided. Don't say I didn't tell you.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Mcslize: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
bros if we wail, it is our wail.... The way you're talking it's like you are one of those guys that can't afford to buy cryptocurrency and is envious of those that can, and are making it, so you just want the system to crash... You better go and borrow money and start moving forward... Nonsense..

Don't mind the guy. He doesn't understand the word crypto let alone know how valuable it is. People like this don't dream of becoming wealthy in life. They feel, it is impossible for them to be rich and wealthy in life.

iamJ I am referring to you.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Theoutsider: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
iamJ:
decentralized is blockchain, I don't have a problem with blockchain, it's a beautiful idea but Bitcoin as a currency is a ponzi scheme

I don't understand why you are calling me dumb, it's not my fault that you can't understand something you claim to understand cheesy

The very essence that you call bitcoin a Ponzi scheme means you dont know what bitcoin is nor do you know what a ponzi scheme is.

Have you ever even read the whitepaper of bitcoin? No you haven't this is where your argument falls apart and you your self is a speculator. By all accounts you are saying a stock is a ponzi by your definition.

Please tell me in the bitcoin whitepaper that it promises above market returns or to recruit new investors? Show me the pyramid? There are people who push gold.. who says gold will always hold its value, what happens if it considered illegal? Diamonds are controlled and regulated to articulate the price..

So basically you proved you have no idea what you are talking about.

Hold on to your Naira fool because its sinking like a rock and the banks are basically telling you our own currency has no value and stop using USD because its the only thing keeping us together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by MartinsD12(m): 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
Mcslize:

It can help terminate generational poverty if you can get and hold it for a very long time.

Well I heard much about it, how people are making money with it.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by stuntman007: 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
This thing is simple. We have Zenit, access and the rest back in Ghana and other neighbouring country around. Just go open account there, do your cryoto business then fund your naija account. Na our neighboring government go benefit from taxation on the bank transactions. Mumu government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by bizhop01: 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
No shaking you can use foreign exchanger, convert to Neteller or paynear for withdrawal or funding.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by fabulous05(m): 12:02am On Feb 06, 2021
Hinokami:
What is this rubbish of an excuse to justify what the Central Bank is doing?

We dont need this explanation..do they have to use draconian methods?

Classless government...Instead of Innovating, they go the other way sending us back to the stone age.

Try and read the write up first
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by 12inchess: 12:04am On Feb 06, 2021
Simple economics. Crypto currency are valued in dollars.So essentially its increasing the demand for dollars. Which I understand from the part of CBN. But who wants shit Naira that loses value like pure water? Are they done giving dollars to Dangote at 335 or not?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Mcslize: 12:06am On Feb 06, 2021
iamJ:
supply of bitcoin being fixed means nothing, it will only inflate the value further

bitcoin is also fiat, what is the intrinsic value of bitcoin?

When something is fixed, it will become scarce as time goes on which will make people demand for it to rise and in return makes it to appreciate.

This is not something they print like physical money. Once the amount that is pumped out during the launching period get exhausted, you can only then buy from someone that already has it.

Due to this, it will become so scarce. This is the principle of crypto. It still baffles me why you refering a cashless token with a realistic use case to an MMM. Very surprising. You better secure your future by buying any useful crypto coin and hold it for long term. Don't blame yourself in later years to come by saying have I known.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by blackbriar: 12:06am On Feb 06, 2021
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by blackbriar: 12:07am On Feb 06, 2021
12inchess:
Simple economics. Crypto currency are valued in dollars.So essentially its increasing the demand for dollars. Which I understand from the part of CBN. But who wants shit Naira that loses value like pure water? Are they done giving dollars to Dangote at 335 or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iDZspbRMg
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Mcslize: 12:16am On Feb 06, 2021
iamJ:
how can bitcoin become the currency of the world?

cheesy cheesy do you know how much is in circulation in the world? if 1 million bitcoins is worth 37 billion $

21 million bitcoins is the total that will ever exist, that cant even service california alone talkless of the entire world, its blockchain technology that the world likes not bitcoin

That's what makes it to be a scarce commodity young man. Because inflation can never affect it unlike physical money that they print here and there.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Jones4190(m): 12:17am On Feb 06, 2021
UncleKoboko:
Why would you charge so much for something that can be created freely?
I will create and train you on how to use it
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by wonder233: 12:20am On Feb 06, 2021
Vacuous youth: shove your end sars farce down your anus. The only people that died where the ones hoodlums killed after you provided the enabling environment for them by your thoughtless blockade of roads and breakdown of law and order. Bunch of bandwagon goats. Endsars bend your mouth there. Read? No! All they do is press phone and seek thrills. What do you know about economics, monetary and fiscal policies? Coming here to say "endsars". Wasted generation
magicminister:
You have to be really dense to not know this is their response to the end sars protest.

November last year, CBN banned all direct transfers to Nigerian bank accounts from outside the country. You can recieve money but not more than $5000 and not directly to your bank account, you’d need to go to the bank, provide ID and recieve in Cash.

Now, CBN banner crypto. Remember during the protest, after bank transfers were banned from sites like flutter wave, the people switched to crypto! Now the crypto is gone, people died and the protest is looking like it was for nothing!

2 Likes

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by ARAGON22(m): 12:20am On Feb 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr.
Mumu cbn
We go dey do Ptpt
If you are a niggarrrr and you understand what I meant by ptpt then you must be a real niggarr

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Baruwaaaaa(m): 12:21am On Feb 06, 2021
Nigeria my Nigeria

It is well
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Dynamiq(m): 12:22am On Feb 06, 2021
stuntman007:
This thing is simple. We have Zenit, access and the rest back in Ghana and other neighbouring country around. Just go open account there, do your cryoto business then fund your naija account. Na our neighboring government go benefit from taxation on the bank transactions. Mumu government.
Sorry that I just hopped in here with a few questions. To open a Gtbank account in Ghana for example, does one have to go there physically or could it be done online? Secondly, if money is paid into a Ghana Gtbank account and the owner (whether Nigerian or not) is in Nigeria, can one cash out Naira in any Gtbank or other bank's ATM? I would appreciate your explanation. Thanks.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Mcslize: 12:24am On Feb 06, 2021
MartinsD12:

Well I heard much about it, how people are making money with it.

Yes na. Was it not in the travel section a guy said he bought 0.8 bitcoin since 2015 and lost the login details since that time and as God will have it, he ended up finding the piece of paper he wrote the login details to his bitcoin wallet.

Guess how much he sold the 0.8 bitcoin this 2021?

12 million naira. Tell me if perhaps he kept 12 million naira by now won't the value depreciate.

That's how valuable crypto is if you can be patient to hold it for long.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by calcal: 12:42am On Feb 06, 2021
Again, NO government on this earth wants this crypto. crypto is a business of the 21st century, you need not to own an oil block to be a millionaire. Cryptos will be packing the limited available hard currency from the CBN, sorry, it is what it is. This crypto is better than the Dangote business. some NL members are crypto millionaires already.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Abies2d(f): 12:48am On Feb 06, 2021
Even the p2p will no longer work. As long as the bank details u are dropping, whether already registered with binance or not is a Nigerian bank.

meekhat:
Crypto has come to stay whether CBN likes it or not. Nothing spoil at all. Watch how p2p deals will grow in exchanges like binance. Naira is dead and no be we kill am. No wise person keeps his money in naira anymore.
Let me come and be going to binance for p2p buy and sell jor
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by magicminister: 12:55am On Feb 06, 2021
wonder233:
Vacuous youth: shove your end sars farce down your anus. The only people that died where the ones hoodlums killed after you provided the enabling environment for them by your thoughtless blockade of roads and breakdown of law and order. Bunch of bandwagon goats. Endsars bend your mouth there. Read? No! All they do is press phone and seek thrills. What do you know about economics, monetary and fiscal policies? Coming here to say "endsars". Wasted generation

Remove all the insult and see if you made any atom of sense! You can engage people without resorting to insult but I guess your parent didn’t teach you that and even if they did, it’s obvious you learnt very little of nothing at all!

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by bigiyaro(m): 1:08am On Feb 06, 2021
That stupid block head igbo man working for the Fulani cabal in aso rock, as CBN governor, the north is just bent on dragging the whole country to their myopic retarded and backwards state.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by grandstar(m): 1:08am On Feb 06, 2021
Buhari and Trump share one trait together-that is throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Bitcoin is at the heart of 2 of Buhari major interest-thst is a stable naira and his war against corruption. This ban on crypto is an extremely blunt way of dealing with these 2 problems. It will simply cause pain with no gain.

Solution to the forex crisis is to free the Naira and let it be market determined. Buhari has refused this hence his use of archaic and unworkable policies to address the issue

Yes, cryptos can be used for corruption but it's mostly used by these yahoo boys to collect overseas cash. If you want to stop their nefarious activities, a crypto ban isn't the way as numerous others use it too.

For some reason, I believe there's going to be a policy somersault cause the outcry will be too much. Then again if PMB refused to budge for over a year over the lamentable closure of the land borders, crypto users should keep their fingers crossed.

Anyone who deals in Bitcoin uses it to survive. This policy will adversely affect hundreds of thousands easily.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by bluefilm: 1:12am On Feb 06, 2021
I see the fear of the threat of #EndSARS protest in this recent move by the government.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by Abies2d(f): 1:16am On Feb 06, 2021
What is happening with l
Binance. I can't seem to sell my usd via p2p... It keeps saying insufficient balance�
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by grandstar(m): 1:21am On Feb 06, 2021
id911:
This is what you get when archaic and museum object like Mohammed Buhari, a stark economic illiterate is placed in position of power. The government of Buhari and Osinbajo has inflicted so much pain on Nigerians, pain never experienced before except during the civil war and mid eighties which, incidentally was during Buhari's draconian regime. When will Nigeria stop appointing a banker as CBN Governor?

To those who voted Buhari and Osinbajo because of tribe and religion, are you enjoying their evil and wicked policies?

Buhari bares 50% of the problem. Emefiele the rest.

These policies are 100% Buhari influenced in a quack move to stem a devaluation of the Naira. Emefiele's fault is basically not telling the president to shoo. The CBN is semi-autonomous and it was made so to prevent political meddling.

Sanusi would never have been so submissive. Both bare 90% of the fault for the squalid state of the economy today.

Osinbajo is innocent. He's a figurehead and going against his boss won't be wise as was the case with Atiku. His 8 year loyalty will grant him Buhari's endorsement for the presidency in 2023.
Osinbajo will scrap most of these policies.

Many deputies have turned out to be the direct opposite of their boss upon assumption of power and he won't be different.
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by grandstar(m): 1:24am On Feb 06, 2021
Twode:
I'm lazy to read this.
Pls summerize me the whole story it may be interested. cheesy

There's a ban on the use of crypto
Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by pacespot(m): 1:45am On Feb 06, 2021
India is also taking a similar step to create its own digital currency and ban all the privately owned cryptocurrencies. I think it is a move by hedge funds and those big money investors to stiffle out the masses from having too much influence on financial instruments. We also saw similar move recently in Wall Street when some stocks were set to close-only and consequently inaccessible for trading for retail traders, stocks such as GameStop were closed out by brokers to prevent retail traders from opening a new position, except those of hedge funds. I think there is some kind of big financial war going on of late between the big institutional investors and retail traders, those big money bags don't want the masses to enjoy the same kind of privileges they have been enjoying for years. They think all these financial instruments like cryptocurrencies are giving too much powers to the people, so they want to control them. Up till now, USA has not officially accepted Bitcoin as an alternative for storing of wealth like gold is used as a hedge against inflation, though understandably being the owner of the largest forex reserve currency in the world, the green back.

1 Like

Re: CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know by piagetskinner(m): 1:45am On Feb 06, 2021
Useless government.. all they want is youths to keep living on bailouts..

I don’t know what their useless 30k can do in somebody’s life.. ?

They should shove it up their wrinkled arses

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items / Suya Seller Sleeps Off While Standing And Selling Suya In Lagos (Photos) / Bitcoin Lord Acquires New Mansion And Cars After EFCC Release - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.