Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3347861 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by narit: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
legacystore:
Crypto currency is now prohibited officially in Nigeria, it's almost a crime to participate in the crypto space now from Nigeria.

Wicked Government

The truth is that alot of criminals n yahoo boys use crypto currency to cash out but it shouldn't warranty prohibition but regulation.

This CBN policy is archaic n will impoverish the youth.

Sooooo sad
Welcome to Stone Age. Go pick up your cutlass and Hoe. wink grin

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Rilwayne001: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
This from Cz

1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AerialMapper: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hadsty23:

Thought of foreign account either. I believe they can't stopped all the means

They cannot!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by narit: 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
Luno is aware of the circular issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria advising financial institutions in the country to close bank accounts held by cryptocurrency service providers.

Luno will continue to operate as normal while we seek further clarity from the authorities. Some Naira deposit methods are currently affected, please check the status page for updates. Withdrawals are unaffected and will continue to be processed, but may take longer than usual. All customer funds are completely safe.

There’s no need to take any action regarding your account at this time. We will update our customers on all incoming developments as soon as we receive further information, and certainly well in advance should withdrawals be affected.

Luno has always worked closely with regulators in Africa and all regions in which we operate, and will continue to do so. Nigeria’s regulators have taken a pragmatic and forward-looking approach to cryptocurrency in the past and we’re confident that this issue can be resolved quickly, so Nigeria can continue to play a central role in the growth of cryptocurrency.

FROM LUNO!!!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by gamaliel9: 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Will opening an ECOBANK OR GTB bank account in Cotonou by pass this anti-rich policy by cbn?

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
No need to panic guys, there must be a way out

Ogoro must jump

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by legacystore: 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
narit:

Welcome to Stone Age. Go pick up your cutlass and Hoe. wink grin

Exactly

When Buhari is ur president what do you expect
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2021
ilemona4u:
[b][/b]Good evening everyone. [b][/b]pls which crypt0curency is the best to buy now. Before our parents died, they bought a shop in a new market ten years ago. But up until now, the market has not yet been commissioned and declared open for business by the state government. Right now, I am thinking of selling the shop so that we could raise funds for our education. I was thinking of what business I would invest in to yield enough steady profits which would cater for our needs. I have been hearing about cryt0curency for a long time now and I have never invested in it. I was very impressed by its huge successes recently, although I am well aware of its risks.

So, I am asking for guidance, which crypt0curency is the best to invest in right now in order to gets considerable profits in 3-4 months for now. I just want to make sure that my younger ones are able to complete their tertiary education.
Thanks

Hmm.. I don't just feel comfortable with this
This sector is too volatile and most new folks get lose. I will strongly advise against investing such critical money here.
Getting steady profits here is very difficult. Also, considerable profits is very relative....

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Rubbiish(m): 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2021
legacystore:
Crypto currency is now prohibited officially in Nigeria, it's almost a crime to participate in the crypto space now from Nigeria.

Wicked Government

The truth is that alot of criminals n yahoo boys even politicians use crypto currency to cash out but it shouldn't warranty prohibition but regulation.

Sooooo sad

There will be a way out surely

If u have a foreign bank account or a trust associate with one then u shld be fine.

No need for panic be creative n we will survive this policy
Cryptocurrency is not prohibited!
Only bank accounts of exchangers dealing on crypto should be closed! CBN don't have the power to prohibit crypto, for any country to prohibit crypto, it need to go through legislature.

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
FocusedB1h:
Can eth just dip already? I have some funds to invest a significant amount but I want it to come down to 500k Naira or less hopefully
Fingers crossed for the upcoming Chinese New Year holidays

hehe... 500k is about 1050usd... lol
You're funny... what stopped you from buying all this while before it broke 1400?
I am not saying it cannot dip to that, but I am 98% certain that if it dips to that amount tomorrow you will not buy.
Moreso, lets face it, with betece threatening to break out, its very unlikely you would see such prices until the end of the bull run

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by legacystore: 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

Cryptocurrency is not prohibited!
Only bank accounts of exchangers dealing on crypto should be closed! CBN don't have the power to prohibit crypto, for any country to prohibit crypto, it need to go through legislature.

If crypto currency transaction are not allowed in Nigerian banks, what does that mean in Nigeria? grin simple Nigeria has prohibited crypto currency transactions in its country.

CBN policy is enough it doesn't need a law as they regulate banking activities
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
kolagbemi:
What's the best action to take now. Sell off and wait for all this panick sellers to settle.

I don't see panic selling from Nigeria affecting the market at all. It may temporarily affect ngn pairs moreso ngn/usdt conversion cos that is local but nope for the wider market
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Rubbiish(m): 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
legacystore:

If crypto currency transaction are not allowed in Nigerian banks, what does that mean in Nigeria? grin simple Nigeria has prohibited crypto currency transactions in its country
No there is difference!
Prohibition means u can't hold any form of crypto as it will be seen as something illegal. But with this CBN directive, you can still hold crypto & send to your relatives within or abroad via your wallet. But if senate should prohibit it, u can't hold as it will be considered illegal. They are two different things!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lanray88(m): 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:

I don dey this crypto currency thing don tey.

You leave the exchange thread, leave exchanger come they advertise crypto for here make newbies fall prey.

Advertising crypto here is not the topic of this group, that alone makes him a scam

I did my bid and called him a scammer, any mugu when fall na him problem be that.

You kuma na scam too.

Gosh! Enjoy mehn.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
legacystore:

Wicked Government

The truth is that alot of criminals n yahoo boys even politicians use crypt0 currency to cash out but it shouldn't warranty prohibition but regulation.

Sooooo sad

There will be a way out surely

If u have a foreign bank account or a trust associate with one then u shld be fine.

No need for panic be creative n we will survive this policy

can you stop spreading FUD and stop associating cryt0 with fraud
95% of online fraud in Nigeria is done via traditional means
In Nigeria, there is little or no link between crypt0 and fraud
crypt0 started becoming popular in Nigeria over the past 18 months more so with the continued devaluation of the naira. Before that, those folks you mentioned have been fraudulent. I don't see how banning crypt0 affect fraud in any way possible

13 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FocusedB1h(f): 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

hehe... 500k is about 1050usd... lol
You're funny... what stopped you from buying all this while before it broke 1400?
I am not saying it cannot dip to that, but I am 98% certain that if it dips to that amount tomorrow you will not buy.
Moreso, lets face it, with betece threatening to break out, its very unlikely you would see such prices until the end of the bull run
What stopped me was lack of information, I didn’t trust the cryptocurrency market because of ignorance.
I was told about Eth and should’ve bought it last year when it was about 120k Naira but i was scared of being “scammed”. Now that I’ve done my due diligence and I know it’s a smart investment I’m more than ready to invest

Oh and If it dips to that amount, I will buy.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ojemedad:
No need to panic guys, there must be a way out

Ogoro must jump

I don't see this as a big issue. This directive had been there for over 3 years. This was just a reminder.
The thing about money, just like water is that it will always find its way.

Let things settle and multiple opportunities will open up. This is a battle the CBN cannot win
Western govts and even china tried but they all succumbed.

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2021
FocusedB1h:

What stopped me was lack of information, I didn’t trust the cryptocurrency market because of ignorance.
I was told about Eth and should’ve bought it last year when it was about 120k Naira but i was scared of being “scammed”. Now that I’ve done my due diligence and I know it’s a smart investment I’m more than ready to invest

Oh and If it dips to that amount, I will buy.

LOL... Ok ooo
Its unfortunate that train has passed. The reason you're here is because its done well. If it was still 120k, you will not be thinking of it.
when it dips, I'd be looking for you

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

I don't see this as a big issue. This directive had been there for over 3 years. This was just a reminder.
The thing about money, just like water is that it will always find its way.

Let things settle and multiple opportunities will open up. This is a battle the CBN cannot win
Western govts and even china tried but they all succumbed.

My exact thought, no matter what opportunities will come up.

Seems people are pulling out now, btc is going down

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by FocusedB1h(f): 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

LOL... Ok ooo
Its unfortunate that train has passed. The reason you're here is because its done well. If it was still 120k, you will not be thinking of it.
when it dips, I'd be looking for you
cheesy The goal here is to make money not lose money so don’t blame me lol
I’ll be praying for it to dip to a shocking low so I can finally take advantage. *Fingers crossed
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 8:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
J
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kolagbemi(m): 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

I don't see panic selling from Nigeria affecting the market at all. It may temporarily affect ngn pairs moreso ngn/usdt conversion cos that is local but nope for the wider market

Thank you.

What's driving BNB. The thing they shock me
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Ojemedad:

My exact thought, no matter what opportunities will come up.

Seems people are pulling out now, btc is going down

betece going down has little or nothing to do with Nigeria.

our adoption has been great but I doubt the daily volume is upto 2% of that of the U.S
The world out there does not care.. Countries have banned and unbanned betece that its now becoming old news.

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
kolagbemi:

Thank you.

What's driving BNB. The thing they shock me

BNB was long long overdue a move. It broke ATH at 38 a while ago nd had been consolidating around it
Its a very wicky coin and one I don't like trading. I never chase it. Sometimes, it can move this way or slow and steady for a long time. I only have some to pay less fees on binance.
Good if you're in it, I'd advise you take profit on the way up
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
Reading through the thread on frontpage, I was shocked... No wonder stuff is pumping.
Alot of folks are not even planning on taking profits anytime soon... wahala go dey ooo
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by legacystore: 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
After God na Government

Just one policy can render a billionaire a pauper in less than 24hrs

9 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by wwwtortoise(m): 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
emmaodet:

Bro, which app is the best for P2P?

Sincerely I do not know of any p2p app presently.
Nairaex is an option though not sure if it fits as a p2p platform.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2021
I see thesame story being told across board...
These charts all trll a sweet story.. some look like catapult, others like grasshoppers...
The deal is in seeking opportunities b4 they become obvious.

Notice when eith pumps, majors slow down... That's respect..

I'm guessing same thing will happen to the market if betece crosses 42k... I'm planning to get a lil leveraged betece then.

This pump we had on altys was due to eith breaking ath and pushing to 1700...
It's flipping 1700 now and if it does that, I see it rallying towards 2k b4 it cools down... When it cools down, altus will start another pump again...
For now, oga has to give signal first

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ilemona4u: 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

This sector is too volatile and most new folks get lose. I will strongly advise against investing such critical money here.
Getting steady profits here is very difficult. Also, considerable profits is very relative....
pls reach me out on whatsapp sir. I really want to be enlightened. The shop might be sold next week Monday or Tuesday
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ilemona4u: 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Sailor1:

pls reach me out on whatsapp sir. I would want to be enlightened more on this trade.. 08148680882
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by afroxyz: 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2021
Rilwayne001:
This from Cz
people are making withdrawals and deposits
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by hotplate: 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
i want to go into crypto who can put me through?

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (3667) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: adminlo, BleedGraphix, S4SOLOMON4(m), BjaySexy(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.