Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. (414 Views)

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Why Would U Give Money To A Pastor Because U Believe In His Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by VEXT: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2021
I INITIALLY REJECTED BECOMING A PASTOR BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT POVERTY.

TRIBUTE TO RCCG FOUNDER:
Pa Josiah Akindayomi

-Pastor E. A. Adeboye on the 40th Special Thanksgiving Anniversary

I want to thank God for my father in the Lord, Pa Josiah Akindayomi. I want to thank God that He heard from God, of all the people who were qualified to be the General Overseer, l was the least qualified.

I just came and after two years, he ordained me a pastor, when he said he will ordain me, my wife and l prayed and fasted for 14 days so that God will not allow it to happen because in those days, being a pastor is a sentence to poverty.

I have seen poverty before, when l joined the church, my second hand car was the newest car in the Church and suddenly they want me to be a pastor, we prayed and fasted, thank God He didn't answer the prayer.

When my father in the Lord told me l will be succeeding him, l told him no, it will not happen. I told him anyone He (God) chooses for you, l will support him but for me to leave my comfort to come to one room in Mushin, no, not me.

He insisted but l wrote him a letter, he could not read but could read the Bible. I told him in the letter to choose somebody else. He said l know what God told me, l know what you are saying, l won't force you and l love you. I couldn't forsake someone who loved me, Papa loved me.

He was a prayer warrior, He could hear from God and it is the covenant God gave him that we are operating now. Once the head is good, all is well with the body. We had a good head that had a covenant with God.

When people criticise the RCCG l don't pay attention because what God has decreed will be established.

#SupersonicSunday
#RCCGSunrise
#PastorEAAdeboye
#ChurchGist
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2332645826879275&id=444807728996437

Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by Nephilim: 4:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lolz.. Being a Pastor is not a sentence to poverty!! It's a sentence to greatness beyond imagination both here and hereafter.

When you are called into the vineyard, you are privileged before the creator of heaven and earth to stand before Him to represent whatever people or nations he wants you to represent and stand for.

Not many are called!
Even out of those that are called only few are chosen.

If you are not called, stay off lest poverty pinch its tent with you and if you go involve yourself in diabolic stuff to swindle and deceive people for your own gain then understand that you are a true enemy of the true church of our LORD JESUS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by Jerryherd: 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
PhD in mathematics took a gamble to become a pastor and it paid off big time
Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lol! Prayed and fasting would only lead to confirmation of your worst fears.

God bless.
Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by donbachi(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Majority of these pastors today..wouldnt have answered the call to be a pastor,if seed sowing,prophet/pastors offerings,pledges,tithes and offerings were not involved.
Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by younglleo: 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
Pls nairalanders, am considering taking extreme measure bout some guys who scammed me off my last card, am totally broke nd needed dat money for emergency in the sense that tomoro my job hunt continues, the scammed me and believed the have gotten away with this. The truth is, with the way life has been treating me lately, am considering killing them as the only option, (not with my hands tho,but traditionally) this is really pissing me off, i jst met them on Nairaland!
They shud give me my money, cus ive got nothing to lose here, b4 Tomoro people will start talking one thing or the other, i need that money today.
Am not a killer, but i will go to the extreme, u can't rob a broke man off his last card, u don't knw what it feels like! cry cry cry
am honest nd serious here
Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by ZeroWorries: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
sad
Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by kingxsamz(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
Church business is the new way now. cool %100 legit.
Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by Righteousness2(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
The office of a Pastor/ Minister of GOD is the Highest office on Earth.
The Work of GOD is a Serious Business.

It is a Office in which you are called by the ALMIGHTY GOD.
It is an office in which you operate in the Power and Grace of the One who called you.
To Operate in Power, there is a Price to be Paid. The Flesh Must be Subdued.

The Worst thing that could happen to anyone is to Call your yourself! or enter into Ministry as a Job hunt.

If Money is your purpose for being a pastor , you have missed the Mark.
As a Minister, Pursue GOD, Seek for His Anoiting! That is all you need.

1 Like

Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by Jessepaid(m): 5:43pm On Feb 07, 2021
VEXT:

He insisted but l wrote him a letter, he could not read but could read the Bible.

hehehe....

this line confuse me oo...

maybe the bible was a translated one..
Re: I Initially Rejected Becoming A Pastor Because I Did Not Want Poverty. by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
donbachi:
Majority of these pastors todayy..wouldnt have answered the call to be a pastor,if seed sowing,prophet/pastors offerings,pledges,tithes and offerings were not involved.
Bingo! The man Adeboye, not an exception!

(1) (Reply)

Why Christians Should Not Have Their Own Section On NL / Breaking News Pastor Chris Daughter Sharon Welcome New Baby With Husband / Could My Father's Spirit Be Residing In Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.