Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool (21429 Views)

Help: My Xaomi Phone Fell Inside Salt Water, No Longer Receive Or Make Calls. / Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / My Phone Fell Inside Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Sunkyapogee(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Liverpool or waterpool.. losers
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Abudu2000(m): 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Next time, buy a Samsung device with IP certification..... Since your smartphones, love to have a swim........ cheesy

they say iphones are expensive but ty don't mention that its h20 proof. If infinix was h20 proof it will quite expensive too
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by virago(f): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
J6+
officialfestus:
i dont think so,becasue it was water resistant.

J6+ isn't water resistant
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Hugomexis(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Put it inside sack of rice and leave it there for a day or two
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by chukwuibuipob: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
He said inside pool water/shake it.Redmi/Samsung aren’t/isn’t the same
teacherbim:

But my redmi has been working for the past a year now.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by SaintUlot: 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
nedekid:

Microwave oven will be faster grin

Lol, i tried this before out of my foolishness, it added to my woes, it made the phone screen to get spoilt, i had to buy a new screen.

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
Did it swim? shocked
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by AngelicBeing: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Next time, buy a Samsung device with IP certification..... Since your smartphones, love to have a swim........ cheesy

Hian, Lol seriously, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com, love to swim shocked
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by timjones1(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
What's the point of buying expensive phones if it's not water resistant/proof
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
Put ur phone inside bag of rice for 24hr to absorb the water
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by gidado14(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
My samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside, but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?
buy new phone ma guy
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
Omihanifa:
Go and dip it inside bag of rice (deep inside) for like 2days. It will suck the moisture
It refused to on which means he has already fried a component when he turned it back on initially

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
Omihanifa:
Go and dip it inside bag of grin rice (deep inside) for like 2days. It will suck the moisture
You will still eat the rice, after its has sucked moisture mixed with bad chemicals from the circuit board water reaction, grin
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Gabbriell: 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

There is different between water resistance and water proof.
What phone manufacturers mean by water resistance is that the phone can take splashes of water without being damage. For instance if you spill water on your phone or put it in a shallow water like a bowl of water (for short duration)..all you need to do is just wipe it off. It can't damage the phone because the internal components are well sealed.
The story is different when you leave the phone inside a pool of water for sometime (e.g above 5 minutes)....the reisistivity will be gradually overcomed by the liquid density and pressure. As at today 8th,February 2021 there is no phone that is water proof .

Next time you should allow the phone to try properly before booting it. Most electronic components are enermy of water.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
Lol. Trust me, it is not!
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by nedekid: 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2021
SaintUlot:

Lol, i tried this before out of my foolishness, it added to my woes, it made the phone screen to get spoilt, i had to buy a new screen.
Lol. Eyaa. Sorry..
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by nedekid: 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
amstamon:

NOT FUNNY. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO IN COMPUTER VILLAGE FOR PHONES THAT FALLS INSIDE WATER OF MOTHERBOARD THAT HAS VGA PROBLEM.
I know. It helps dryout moisture.
Was only kidding with the microwave post.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Juliearth(f): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
My samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside, but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?

Drop it in a bag of rice, with the charging port facing down.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Tillatalk: 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
why did you shake it next time don't shake it or power it on whenever your phone fall inside water just find a bag of rice and put it inside .shikanah

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Hardgun: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
Abi you dey try water resistance
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by JackStephans(m): 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
Omihanifa:
Go and dip it inside bag of rice (deep inside) for like 2days. It will suck the moisture
Fulani grin
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Eberex(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
you are lucky its not bar beach water
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Omihanifa: 1:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
JackStephans:
Fulani grin

Oloriburuku
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by adanny01(m): 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

Next time, don't shake it or on it

Just put it inside raw rice and put the whole thing in the sun for an 1hr then leave the phone in the rice for 24hrs

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by ceejayluv(m): 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Raw rice saved My redmi over a year ago. Next time dip it inside rice and don't put it on for days.

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Hardvance(m): 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

You should've placed it in a bag of rice......

People don even post am already
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by MartinsD12(m): 1:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
Go buy another one na
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Salt06(m): 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

Mine fell down three days back and the screen went blank. Asked for a screen change and they said it'll cost 45k (now wey I dey arrange my house rent cry) I just jejely put am back for the carton till further notice cry
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by mayorall(m): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

What Samsung model?.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by CALCULUS16: 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

that shaking is the cause of the problem.
You shouldn't have shaken it na
You know water is a good conductor, it found its way into some conponents , it has short circuited and destroy some important components in that panel.
Your phone is in coma now cheesy
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by CONFAMA: 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

That water resistant shit na scam. I know about two of my friends that got fuckeddddd over by Samsung for believing the water resistant scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Moves NIN-SIM Linkage Deadline To April 6 / Bluetooth Software To Transfer/send Applications To Another Phone / Nigerians Storm Glo Facebook Page With Poor Ratings, Glo Removes Ratings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.