Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,562 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool (21761 Views)

Help: My Xaomi Phone Fell Inside Salt Water, No Longer Receive Or Make Calls. / Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / My Phone Fell Inside Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by SEGLIZ: 2:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
it was a friend of mine that actually used it to snap inside water because he thought it was water resistant....i just dey vex for am

if you didn't allow him you would have turn a stingy, wicked and bad friend but now he keep us evil calm and watch you paining over his greedy act.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Classic07(m): 2:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
Just give it to a phone repairer to dry it, it will work ,
I mistakenly dip myself in a beach without knowing my phone (samsung j6+) was inside my pocket and it work fine after drying
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by donhils: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
i dont think so,becasue it was water resistant.
J6 Plus is nowhere near water resistant
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by teacherbim(f): 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
He said inside pool water/shake it.Redmi/Samsung aren’t/isn’t the same
Well mine fell inside soapy water and I shook it severally before I dipped inside rice, could be different because it was pool and Samsung phone sha
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by macroinvestment: 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2021
Water resistant nor dey your phone?
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Olam09(m): 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
My samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside, but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?
It'll still work Samsung phone don't spoil. My Samsung Galaxy s7 fell inside water after the water proof seal got spoilt. Later the phone power offed and i switched it on again then it power on giving a low battery. But after weeks it came on again. Till now I'm still using it and enjoying it.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by teelaw4life(m): 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
My samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside, but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?

You shouldn't have switched it back on...without first taking it to a technician. Chances are that you've short circuited something in the phone and probably burnt the panel...
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by raphy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
So you self wan follow follow go snap under water ..u pose and tell ya friend to snap you and now you run here's to ask for help .you should have dry it when you bring it out.

All this bag of rife talk Na village style be that just dry y in hot Sun.

The phon is in coma
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Maghan37: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
Try deeping it in Raw Rice for at least an hour to drain the water. Seriously it works wonders.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Gabson001(m): 3:12pm On Feb 08, 2021
so this kind thing make front page??
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Roddyricch1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

Same thing happened to me last year January, I used my Samsung S7 edge to take pictures inside a pool, cus I felt it's water resistant. After like 2 minutes, the phone just off, I try to power am, e later on come dey show me"safe mode". Nothing on the screen was working anymore, I took it to where they'll fix it but they couldn't, I had to buy another one.. E pain me ehn, but I dn learn my lesson sha.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Lanretoye(m): 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
where did this bag of rice idea came from self?is best to get a technician service the phone for u.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by chuxjay(m): 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

When I had a similar experience, all I did was to leave the phone of and dropped it in a stack of uncooked rice. It helped remove all forms of moisture from it. Just leave it for like 48 hours and unassembled as much as you can.... Do not plug it at all until it's been in that condition for long
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by 400billionman: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

Immediately your phone falls inside water.

Pick it out. Separate it from its battery and dry under fan. First aid for phones. Never switch it on.

Dry it for hours before trying to power it.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by PrettyLolo(f): 5:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
How do I check if my Samsung A12 is water resistant pls.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Emeka71(m): 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
Got spoilt.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by 99thEnemy(m): 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:

Just continue shaking it grin
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Lexusgs430: 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
PrettyLolo:

Dip it deep, into a bucket of water......... If nothing negative happens, it's water resistant.......... wink

2 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Electronzeez(m): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
i dont think so,becasue it was water resistant.

Samsung J6+ , water resistant...where did you get that from ?. J6+ doesn't have IP68 .

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by tallerSSS: 10:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
that phone is gone for good.. the processor has been badly affected that's what caused the shaky display and sudden shutdown.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by tallerSSS: 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
I'm a phone repairer. with my 10yrs experience, I can clearly State that your phone can never remain the same again, just get another one.. if at all it has not penetrated the components on the board and it has not damaged the display feeder ics then there are chances of getting it back. becos. your battery might have suffered from the water exposure that would have caused it to drain faster than normal.. but in your case I think your board has been badly affected due to that shaking display u talked about
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by BruncleZuma: 11:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
I didn't know Samsung still makes phones without inbuilt batteries.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by 4reala(m): 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
nosiebaba:
It's the display ic or something like that. Hold power and volume down button and see if the phone screen will flicker

Good evening Sir,
pls my new Pop 4 vibrates continuously immediately a call I put through is picked, and it Will stop later on as the call progresses. pls what can I do?
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Sniper101(m): 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
What's this serious talk about putting a phone inside a bag of rice ?? shocked

ayam not understanding you guys undecided
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Lexusgs430: 11:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Sniper101:
What's this serious talk about putting a phone inside a bag of rice ?? shocked

ayam not understanding you guys undecided

It's like what sniper is, to human beings......... Sniper would suck the moisture and life, out of a human being........

Rice, would suck the moisture out of the water damaged device........
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Sniper101(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It's like what sniper is, to human beings......... Sniper would suck the moisture and life, out of a human being........

Rice, would suck the moisture out of the water damaged device........

Ha ha ha
I take it you're being serious?

This is a new one to me
Honestly
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by theFilmtric: 2:26pm On Feb 09, 2021
PrettyLolo:
its not

theFilmtricsay
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Samyd18: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2021
officialfestus:
it was a friend of mine that actually used it to snap inside water because he thought it was water resistant....i just dey vex for am

why giving misleading headline

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Experience As Regards Your Phones Purchased In SLOT? / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning / How To Share Ur Data Between Mtn,glo And Airtel Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.