Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl (30836 Views)

Dr Tom Crawford Develops Formula To Determine Football's GOAT. See Results / Messi named in PSG squad for Reims Game / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U c how u still fool urself ... or are a goat that is typing..shey u said he played all group games...cant u see he only started in 2 group games...was benched in 2 and played the final group game 90 due to they had qualified, so they fielded fringe players to give them experience... he made the cut in the following game cos someone got injured....

Can u tell us who got injured in 4 group games he played and the person couldn't start against Chelsea? Jose mourinho Chelsea at that time.. You must be crazy.. You started watching ball in 2015 I can tell..
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Did he score 50 goals in just one league season? Does he have the highest number of golden boots? Boss indeed Clap for yourself

Ronaldo had to show him how to pass the 30s which was a regular
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Crap as usual U-20 might not be taken seriously but you see that Olympic gold medal That's a big win Didn't most of your country men and women celebrate when kanu and co did the miracle of 1996 Brazil was in massive celebration when Neymar scored the winning penalty in the 2016 Rio final And Mr. Man I'll repeat it Messi has more trophies and records in total than Ronaldo E say Olympics children cup This guy grin

Olympics is crap...its not even a cup competition... who cares about a tournament that most greats never played ...alot declined to even play...a tournament that is played during the league season...
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

2006 ucl.. He played just one match and that was group stage. Judging by that he had no influence in the won ucl.

From your comment you started watching match in 2015. No need to argue with Children.. Oga he played 4 out 6 group games scored 2 assisted 1 and in 1st leg against Chelsea was man of the match. Jose mourinho Chelsea go check.. The team quality then.. You are out of your mind really.. I won't answer you indomie generation again.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo had to show him how to pass the 30s which was a regular
Answer my questions
Did he score 50 goals in just one league season? Does he have the highest number of golden boots? grin Not only 30s why didn't he teach him how to reach 50 clown
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Olympics is crap...its not even a cup competition... who cares about a tournament that most greats never played ...alot declined to even play...a tournament that is played during the league season...
It's crap because penaldo doesn't have that gold grin Go and tell Kanu, Samuel Etoo and Neymar that one na
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

Are u stupid? He played 4 out of 6 group games and 2 on the bench? Is comprehension your problem? Are u daft u don't know the meaning or symbols for goals, assist and time of substitution?.. You are so daft.. You didn't even watch the matches and you are arguing. I watched every single of those matches.. Barca was losing to Bremen and Rijkaard had to bring in Messi and he scored the equalizer. He was vital with his attacking verve all through the group stage. He was no fringe player he had already displaced giuly from the line up. That is also why he started the 2 games against Chelsea and not giuly.. Olodo.. U dey watch ur on match on internet. U go come dey argue people who actually watched it

He was influential but barca still went ahead to win it even as he missed all important games...u are a compound goat ....ewu hausa... out of a possible 720 mins which he was available, he only played 345, which is not even up to half and u call him a favorite in the team... he was just like greenwood of man u or odoi of Chelsea or martinelli at arsenal then
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Answer my questions
Did he score 50 goals in just one league season? Does he have the highest number of golden boots? grin Not only 30s why didn't he teach him how to reach 50 clown

He played 8 seasons and won the golden boot 3 times but ur messi that had played there for 16 seasons have only won it 6 times... who even plays in a single club for 16 seasons as a celebrated striker??
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

It's crap because penaldo doesn't have that gold grin Go and tell Kanu, Samuel Etoo and Neymar that one na

Look at names u are mentioning...people that could not take their teams pass round of 16 or quarterfinals in a world Cup... Olympics, land of the blinds where a one eyed man is king
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by ThierryJay: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

I never said he dint deserve the medal but whenever we hear that messi won 4 CL titles , people assume he was instrumental in all for ...umlike Ronaldo that has 5 and was the main man on each occasion... Ronaldo de Lima has 2 world cup medals on paper but we all know he was only influential in just one ...just like messi , he was only influential in 3

Well, I have never hidden the fact that Messi was the key protagonist in 3 out of his 4 UCL medals. But his input in his first medal is not non-existent like De Lima's own in 1994 as you would like us to believe. Messi was already an integral member of the Barca team in 2006. While the UCL win was largely due to Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco, Messi was not far behind these players in influence and would have even been more influential if injury had not cut short his participation because at that time he had become a first team regular.

That he was not the main or 2nd main guy in 06 UCL does not mean you guys should be saying he won only 3 UCLs. Many of you like Fuckdamod outrightly lie that he did not participate in the tournament . On top that, you'd now be saying we are delusional when we expose these lies? Doesn't make sense nau.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

He played 8 seasons and won the golden boot 3 times but ur messi that had played there for 16 seasons have only won it 6 times... who even plays in a single club for 16 seasons as a celebrated striker??
Oh are you sick? Guy please don't make me insult you Even if he played just one season he didn't score up to 50 goals Ronaldo has played for 18 seasons 2 more before Messi and he's still lagging behind him in golden boot awards Messi that wasn't even playing regularly until Guardiola came in Shame
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Look at names u are mentioning...people that could not take their teams pass round of 16 or quarterfinals in a world Cup... Olympics, land of the blinds where a one eyed man is king
All the players I put up there are legends In fact what's the highest level Ronaldo has reached in a world cup See how you keep on fooling yourself
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

All the players I put up there are legends In fact what's the highest level Ronaldo has reached in a world cup See how you keep on fooling yourself

Ronaldo has played in the semi final of a world cup
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Oh are you sick? Guy please don't make me insult you Even if he played just one season he didn't score up to 50 goals Ronaldo has played for 18 seasons 2 more before Messi and he's still lagging behind him in golden boot awards Messi that wasn't even playing regularly until Guardiola came in Shame

Well he has won in in 2 different leagues ...something messi cant achieve ... busy decieving u guys in la liga but can't reciprocate in the CL or national team...something Ronaldo does on a reg
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Don't mind them so why did he go for it in the first place? It show Ronaldo does not have elite mentality as claimed. Messi has never hidden his desire to win every competition he has played even the once he lost but Ronaldo and his fan boys claim all the competition Ronaldo played in and lost are not relevant only the once he succeeded.. Clowns

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo has played in the semi final of a world cup
And I hope you know the players that led them there I hope you also know Ronaldo was a fringe player then I'm waiting
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
ThierryJay:

Well, I have never hidden the fact that Messi was the key protagonist in 3 out of his 4 UCL medals. But his input in his first medal is not non-existent like De Lima's own in 1994 as you would like us to believe. Messi was already an integral member of the Barca team in 2006. While the UCL win was largely due to Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Deco, Messi was not far behind these players in influence and would have even been more influential if injury had not cut short his participation because at that time he had become a first team regular.

That he was not the main or 2nd main guy in 06 UCL does not mean you guys should be saying he won only 3 UCLs. Many of you like Fuckdamod outrightly lie that he did not participate in the tournament . On top that, you'd now be saying we are delusional when we expose these lies? Doesn't make sense nau.

Messi was in a team that were very capable... it helped him...they dint need him to win the CL that year that what those that argue this mean... the following 3, without him, they wudnt hv won them... but without Ronaldo, man u wudnt hv won and madrid wudnt hv won those 4... ronaldo was the one carrying his team on each occasion he won it and also lead man u to bk to bk finals...he lead 2 different teams to back to back finals...no one has ever done it in the history of CL
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

He was influential but barca still went ahead to win it even as he missed all important games...u are a compound goat ....ewu hausa... out of a possible 720 mins which he was available, he only played 345, which is not even up to half and u call him a favorite in the team... he was just like greenwood of man u or odoi of Chelsea or martinelli at arsenal then
.. Impact is not based on how many mins you play.. Go and ask Öle Gunnar solskjaer as you called man utd. I believe u r new to football. You keep misyarning. I dont blame d he goat in you.. U can help but bleat.. An 18year old start Chelsea game against you so called established starter.. If you are a coach I swear you won't even make it in amateur league. How many did your Ronaldo do at same age.. NONSENSE AND INGREDIENTS
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Messi was in a team that were very capable... it helped him...they dint need him to win the CL that year that what those that argue this mean... the following 3, without him, they wudnt hv won them... but without Ronaldo, man u wudnt hv won and madrid wudnt hv won those 4... ronaldo was the one carrying his team on each occasion he won it and also lead man u to bk to bk finals...he lead 2 different teams to back to back finals...no one has ever done it in the history of CL

They needed him against Chelsea. Barca didn't beat Chelsea the year earlier without him. And in the second leg that he did not play barca did not steal win Chelsea.. So what are you saying. 18year old man of the match. Even your Ronaldo could not manage it against mourinho Chelsea despite many years in epl
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

And I hope you know the players that led them there I hope you also know Ronaldo was a fringe player then I'm waiting

Really grin grin a fringe player...now read below...let me keep on schooling u

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Lies. So why did he not win it for Madrid until Gareth bale was bought. He was already about 3-4 years in Madrid without Ucl. Bales coming brought the Ucl to Madrid not Ronaldo please say what you know

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Well he has won in in 2 different leagues ...something messi cant achieve ... busy decieving u guys in la liga but can't reciprocate in the CL or national team...something Ronaldo does on a reg
If he likes he should win in 7 different leagues he started two seasons before and he's lagging behind in the golden boot race and Messi dealt with your ewu in the champions league final of 2009 their only finals meeting alongside his other 3 CL titles There's no crime playing in one league so far you are producing the goods which he does constantly It's only internationally Ronaldo holds the upper hand but he was a no-show in both finals thanks to Eder, Bernado Silva and Goncalo Guedes What did he do in the confederations cup Only to wait for his Portuguese teammates to score their earlier penalties against Chile (which they didn't) so he would take the winning penalty, remove his shirt and run around like a headless chicken as the penaldo he is grin

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

If he likes he should win in 7 different leagues he started two seasons before and he's lagging behind in the golden boot race and Messi dealt with your ewu in the champions league final of 2009 their only finals meeting alongside his other 3 CL titles There's no crime playing in one league so far you are producing the goods which he does constantly It's only internationally Ronaldo holds the upper hand but he was a no-show in both finals thanks to Eder, Bernado Silva and Goncalo Guedes What did he do in the confederations cup Only to wait for his Portuguese teammates to score their earlier penalties against Chile so he would take the winning penalty, remove his shirt and run around like a headless chicken as the penaldo he is grin

The same Chile oo.. Ronaldo has never won a match against a Copa American winner. Brazil, Uruguay, Chile.. And his idiots keep barking as if Estonia and Lithuania and ilks are found in conmebol. Infact when he met Brazil in the world cup he collected 6-1 and let in the group stage. And his zombies have mouth to talk

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

If he likes he should win in 7 different leagues he started two seasons before and he's lagging behind in the golden boot race and Messi dealt with your ewu in the champions league final of 2009 their only finals meeting alongside his other 3 CL titles There's no crime playing in one league so far you are producing the goods which he does constantly It's only internationally Ronaldo holds the upper hand but he was a no-show in both finals thanks to Eder, Bernado Silva and Goncalo Guedes What did he do in the confederations cup Only to wait for his Portuguese teammates to score their earlier penalties against Chile so he would take the winning penalty, remove his shirt and run around like a headless chicken as the penaldo he is grin

Whr was eder or guedes when he was scoring a fantastic hat trick in the semis ?? Golden boot u say but u will still use ur mouth to say football is not about goals...hypocrites... no matter what u guys touch, Ronaldo has scattered there
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by ThierryJay: 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Yes Messi was in a very good team in 05/06 which crumbled from the following season. But I think Man Utd would have still beaten Inter Milan, Roma and Chelsea in 07/08 without Ronaldo cos Rooney was also firing on all cylinders and ManUtd's strength was majorly the solidity of their defence this period. My reason is that Man Utd still beat Barca in Semi-final with a very poor performance from Ronaldo over both legs. Scholes stepped up to the plate and the defence took over and frustrated Barca. They could have done the same to those other teams I mentioned, afterall without Ronaldo, they got to the final in 2011. That Man Utd team was the best quality team in England from 2007 - 2012

Nonetheless, Ronaldo's Champions league statistical prowess is not in doubt.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

Lies. So why did he not win it for Madrid until Gareth bale was bought. He was already about 3-4 years in Madrid without Ucl. Bales coming brought the Ucl to Madrid not Ronaldo please say what you know

U are a fool ...it must b a goat is typing...and I hv been foolish replying... whr was bale when he won it at man u...y has bake not won it or even seen quarter finals since Ronaldo left?? Atulu
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
ThierryJay:

Yes Messi was in a very good team in 05/06 which crumbled from the following season. But I think Man Utd would have still beaten Inter Milan, Roma and Chelsea in 07/08 without Ronaldo cos Rooney was also firing on all cylinders and ManUtd's strength was majorly the solidity of their defence this period. My reason is that Man Utd still beat Barca in Semi-final with a very poor performance from Ronaldo over both legs. Scholes stepped up to the plate and the defence took over and frustrated Barca. They could have done the same to those other teams I mentioned, afterall without Ronaldo, they got to the final in 2011. That Man Utd team was the best quality team in England from 2007 - 2012

I know people who know the game when they talk. Guy u dey watch ball
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

They needed him against Chelsea. Barca didn't beat Chelsea the year earlier without him. And in the second leg that he did not play barca did not steal win Chelsea.. So what are you saying. 18year old man of the match. Even your Ronaldo could not manage it against mourinho Chelsea despite many years in epl

So barca dint beat Chelsea 2.1 the previous season when maxi Lopez scored the winner...ok
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:
.. Impact is not based on how many mins you play.. Go and ask Öle Gunnar solskjaer as you called man utd. I believe u r new to football. You keep misyarning. I dont blame d he goat in you.. U can help but bleat.. An 18year old start Chelsea game against you so called established starter.. If you are a coach I swear you won't even make it in amateur league. How many did your Ronaldo do at same age.. NONSENSE AND INGREDIENTS

Atulu ewu...y did man u buy him?? Mumu, proper one ooo
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U are a fool ...it must b a goat is typing...and I hv been foolish replying... whr was bale when he won it at man u...y has bake not won it or even seen quarter finals since Ronaldo left?? Atulu
. Lies again he was in man utd from 2003, he did not win it until the coming of tevez. It was tevez who brought the verve. Same tevez who won the athen 2004 Olympics ahead of your Ronaldo.. Who showed your man utd with Ronaldo pepper in a lowly west ham.. Alex bought him and then came the champions league.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2021
ThierryJay:

Not possible cos Ronaldo was their top scorer...his winning goal against Porto was alien... he scored the only goal against Chelsea... which Rooney?? That England hype
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Atulu ewu...y did man u buy him?? Mumu, proper one ooo

U argue like a fool. U brought impact I finished u there now u r asking why he was bought.. Oga go Watch ludo na where ur iq reach. U no fit understand football. It above ur thinking Faculty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Successful Football Club In Nigeria / You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele / Governor Udom Visits Super Eagles, Promises $10,000 Per Goal Against Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.