Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl (30833 Views)

Dr Tom Crawford Develops Formula To Determine Football's GOAT. See Results / Messi named in PSG squad for Reims Game / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Final that his ass was whooped by Messi Scoring his own trademark leaping header against him and frustrating the hell out of him Most of you fanboys just argue with sentiment not facts or reality

But that don't also change the fact that he whooped messi in the final of the copa de rey against barca with a thunderbird header winning goal a year later
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 10:56am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

But that don't also change the fact that he whooped messi in the final of the copa de rey against barca with a thunderbird header winning goal a year later
And we all know what happened when they met in the semi finals of the Champions league after that The same whoopers couldn't register just one win cheesy See you now talking about the copa del rey when we talk about it you dismiss it as a stat padding trophy You guys never cease to amaze me grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 10:58am On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

And we all know what happened when they met in the semi finals of the Champions league after that The same whoopers couldn't register just one goal cheesy See you now talking about the copa del rey when we talk about it you dismiss it as a stat padding trophy You guys never cease to amaze me grin

Just like he showed him who is boss the last time they met
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

When your Ronaldo came to la liga why didn't he boss Messi there Even the goals he's mostly renowned for A false 9/ right winger still outscored him during his time in la liga and whooped his ass in Spain most times in the El classico grin If Messi is at lewandowski's level that should mean Ronaldo is at Jamie vardy's level

He bossed messi by being the first man to hit 40 goals in a league season in just his second yr won enough multiple golden boots
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 11:04am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Just like he showed him who is boss the last time they met
By virtually doing almost nothing but scoring two penalties while the supreme one was only stopped by an inspired Buffon that night I hear you sir cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 11:07am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

He played in the final but got injured, rhats a different case...the nations league he scored a hat-trick in the semi final...how can u b comparing that with a player that was not even a major part of the team, and got injured in the round of 16...

Messi played all the group stage games.. How can u say he was not part of the team? He started the match at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea before injury in the second leg? If he was not part of the team then who should have played ahead of him? If Messi has 1 less champions league then Ronaldo has no euro and no uel simple.. The uel didn't start in semi final and also he didn't play any part in the euro final
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 11:09am On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

By virtually doing almost nothing but scoring two penalties while the supreme one was only stopped by an inspired Buffon that night I hear you sir cheesy

Just like u guys made mouth when he scored a penalty in the first leg cos the boss was not around... he hasn't even scored from open play in the CL , only 3 penalties and u are here talking of Ronaldo's penalties..
Hide ur head in shame
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 11:10am On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

Messi played all the group stage games.. How can u say he was not part of the team? He started the match at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea before injury in the second leg? If he was not part of the team then who should have played ahead of him? If Messi has 1 less champions league then Ronaldo has no euro and no uel simple.. The uel didn't start in semi final and also he didn't play any part in the euro final

Check the stats below...ignorant fellow

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 11:16am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

He bossed messi by being the first man to hit 40 goals in a league season in just his second yr won enough multiple golden boots
Did he score 50 goals in just one league season? Does he have the highest number of golden boots? Boss indeed Clap for yourself

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 11:18am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Just like u guys made mouth when he scored a penalty in the first leg cos the boss was not around... he hasn't even scored from open play in the CL , only 3 penalties and u are here talking of Ronaldo's penalties..
Hide ur head in shame
Apart from the penalties he was a freaking no show Boss that most of his highlights that night was when he was fouled and stepped up to play his penalties Messi lost but we all know who lit up that night

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

He played in the final and was substituted.. Or can't a player be substituted again? undecided

What was done to Messi vs Chelsea in camp NOU 2006? Wasn't it substitution? Abi his own is subkaffetition? Woo you Ronaldo fans are funny
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 11:28am On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

What was done to Messi vs Chelsea in camp NOU 2006? Wasn't it substitution? Abi his own is subkaffetition? Woo you Ronaldo fans are funny
Dont mind them Imagine saying somebody who not only played 6 games in a Champions league season but also scored and assisted in that season doesn't qualify for that same trophy Talking rubbish just to prove their Nonsense
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by littleguy444: 11:29am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo joined a struggling real madrid team that just invested in new players ... Barcelona was dominating, Ronaldo tried to adjust to a new system which wasn't easy...kaka and benzema that also came in at the same time struggled for years till they sold kaka back to Milan... Ronaldo then got injured and missed over a month due to the injury he sustained... its never easy for players that join a new league in their first season ...real madrid were really at their worst at that time
thanks i really appreciate did he said anything about how he succeded? if he does i u can also make do with it.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 11:29am On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

In group stage.. Where was he in the subsequent matches?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by ThierryJay: 11:29am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U just posted crap....to start with, coming in as a sub in 3-4 group games is not integral to me... against Chelsea, no goal no assist and u say he was instrumental...ur sentiments have blinded u by saying messi was the second most important player then...so what happened to eto , xavi , iniesta , puyol , zambrotta , deco... all those players were most important ... messis first start in a big game in the CL was against Chelsea...so because he dribbled del horno , it now means he destroy the game grin...u are delusional my friend...he played his first full game in the CL against panathinaikos in the last group game cos they had qualified...he had only 2 starts in the group stages...scored only one goal in the CL and u say he was the second most important player...u messi fans should hide ur head in shame..now school ur urself with the stats below

Looks like comprehension is a big issue for you. You can't even interpret the stats you posted well. Where in what you posted did you see him coming in as a sub in 3-4 games?? He STARTED 2 games and came in as sub in 2 games in the group stages and started both matches against Chelsea, meaning he started 4 games out of 6 which showed his growing influence as the UCL campaign progressed.

Again my comment was that he was the second most dangerous player AGAINST CHELSEA at Stamford Bridge and not for the whole campaign. Go back and read well, instead of twisting comments fraudulently like you commonly do. If you did not watch the match, you cannot know this from transfermkt and that frankly is the basis for your utterly clueless comments on this argument. I gave you specific details of his input in the match and you are there generalizing on a match you did not see but had to run to transfermkt to catch up on? How ridiculous!

It is your type that will say Iniesta was not one of the best players at WC 2010 simply because he scored only 2 goals with zero assists.

Even everything you said still does not justify saying Messi does not deserve a 2006 UCL medal. So what exactly is your point??

Please go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by littleguy444: 11:30am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo joined a struggling real madrid team that just invested in new players ... Barcelona was dominating, Ronaldo tried to adjust to a new system which wasn't easy...kaka and benzema that also came in at the same time struggled for years till they sold kaka back to Milan... Ronaldo then got injured and missed over a month due to the injury he sustained... its never easy for players that join a new league in their first season ...real madrid were really at their worst at that time
thanks i really appreciate did he said anything about how he succeded? if he does, then i am interested in that also.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 11:30am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Check the stats below...ignorant fellow

You run to start calling ignorant. Only to showcase you are not only ignorant but an illiterate. So you cannot interpret a chart?

Did your stats not prove me right? From your chat don't you see he played most the group stage games to be a first reamer? 90 mins at Stamford bridge and only got injured at the return leg in camp NOU. So how are you not daft with your argument?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 11:32am On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

Where was Ronaldo in the euro 2016 and UNL 2019 finals
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 11:41am On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

. OK I think in your world group stage is KO ba?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 11:43am On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Thats y awards are crap... achievements is what determines the best ...
See the Nonsense you typed but you celebrate his 5 ballon d ors and his Dubai d or cheesy
Even the achievements you are talking about Messi beats him in having more trophies and records Guy rest and desist from typing crap
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 11:47am On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

See the Nonsense you typed but you celebrate his 5 ballon d ors and his Dubai d or cheesy
Even the achievements you are talking about Messi beats him in having more trophies and records

OK winning trophy is not achievement but you make noise about euro Cup and uel? What personal achievement has he won in an international tournament for Portugal both in senior and youth football?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 11:51am On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

OK winning trophy is not achievement but you make noise about euro Cup and uel? What personal achievement has he won in an international tournament for Portugal both in senior and youth football?
I taya ooh That guy just keeps on typing thrash just to suit his own narrative Guy just school and leave them

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 11:57am On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Where was Ronaldo in the euro 2016 and UNL 2019 finals
He played in them
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 11:59am On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:
. OK I think in your world group stage is KO ba?
2006 ucl.. He played just one match and that was group stage. Judging by that he had no influence in the won ucl.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

He played in them
Very good I hope you know Ronaldo didn't play in any UEFA nations league group stage match for Portugal except the time he came to play for Portugal in the semi final and final cheesy If you don't know that's why bernado Silva was given the player of the tournament because he bossed the group stages And as for the euros we all saw the cheerleading activities of a certain ewu God bless Eder grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Even the achievements you are talking about Messi beats him in having more trophies and records Guy rest and desist from typing crap

If u noticed ud see that Ronaldo fans talk more of his achievements than awards... messi has only a certain type of trophies...ronaldo has a vast majority of trophies ....messi has only won major titles with Barcelona only...pls dont mention children's cup ... defeating Nigeria on both occasions shows how weak of a tournament...
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

You run to start calling ignorant. Only to showcase you are not only ignorant but an illiterate. So you cannot interpret a chart?

Did your stats not prove me right? From your chat don't you see he played most the group stage games to be a first reamer? 90 mins at Stamford bridge and only got injured at the return leg in camp NOU. So how are you not daft with your argument?

U c how u still fool urself ... or are a goat that is typing..shey u said he played all group games...cant u see he only started in 2 group games...was benched in 2 and played the final group game 90 due to they had qualified, so they fielded fringe players to give them experience... he made the cut in the following game cos someone got injured....
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 12:52pm On Feb 10, 2021
littleguy444:
thanks i really appreciate did he said anything about how he succeded? if he does, then i am interested in that also.

Ronaldo naturally has this winning mentality...he has the fighting spirit of always wanted to b best... he joined a league that had 3 best players in the world including him and wanted to show the world y he is the best amongst them.... that spirit of never say never lead him to greatness

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

If u noticed ud see that Ronaldo fans talk more of his achievements than awards... messi has only a certain type of trophies...ronaldo has a vast majority of trophies ....messi has only won major titles with Barcelona only...pls dont mention children's cup ... defeating Nigeria on both occasions shows how weak of a tournament...
Crap as usual U-20 might not be taken seriously but you see that Olympic gold medal That's a big win Didn't most of your country men and women celebrate when kanu and co did the miracle of 1996 Brazil was in massive celebration when Neymar scored the winning penalty in the 2016 Rio final And Mr. Man I'll repeat it Messi has more trophies and records in total than Ronaldo E say Olympics children cup This guy grin
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
ThierryJay:

Looks like comprehension is a big issue for you. You can't even interpret the stats you posted well. Where in what you posted did you see him coming in as a sub in 3-4 games?? He STARTED 2 games and came in as sub in 2 games in the group stages and started both matches against Chelsea, meaning he started 4 games out of 6 which showed his growing influence as the UCL campaign progressed.

Again my comment was that he was the second most dangerous player AGAINST CHELSEA at Stamford Bridge and not for the whole campaign. Go back and read well, instead of twisting comments fraudulently like you commonly do. If you did not watch the match, you cannot know this from transfermkt and that frankly is the basis for your utterly clueless comments on this argument. I gave you specific details of his input in the match and you are there generalizing on a match you did not see but had to run to transfermkt to catch up on? How ridiculous!

It is your type that will say Iniesta was not one of the best players at WC 2010 simply because he scored only 2 goals with zero assists.

Even everything you said still does not justify saying Messi does not deserve a 2006 UCL medal. So what exactly is your point??

Please go back to school.

I never said he dint deserve the medal but whenever we hear that messi won 4 CL titles , people assume he was instrumental in all for ...umlike Ronaldo that has 5 and was the main man on each occasion... Ronaldo de Lima has 2 world cup medals on paper but we all know he was only influential in just one ...just like messi , he was only influential in 3
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U c how u still fool urself ... or are a goat that is typing..shey u said he played all group games...cant u see he only started in 2 group games...was benched in 2 and played the final group game 90 due to they had qualified, so they fielded fringe players to give them experience... he made the cut in the following game cos someone got injured....

Are u stupid? He played 4 out of 6 group games and 2 on the bench? Is comprehension your problem? Are u daft u don't know the meaning or symbols for goals, assist and time of substitution?.. You are so daft.. You didn't even watch the matches and you are arguing. I watched every single of those matches.. Barca was losing to Bremen and Rijkaard had to bring in Messi and he scored the equalizer. He was vital with his attacking verve all through the group stage. He was no fringe player he had already displaced giuly from the line up. That is also why he started the 2 games against Chelsea and not giuly.. Olodo.. U dey watch ur on match on internet. U go come dey argue people who actually watched it
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Apart from the penalties he was a freaking no show Boss that most of his highlights that night was when he was fouled and stepped up to play his penalties Messi lost but we all know who lit up that night

Messi lit up the night with 3.0...in his backyard grin grin grin...u are a clown ... u messi fans are actually sick and u don't know it

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele / Top 5 Most Successful Football Club In Nigeria / Governor Udom Visits Super Eagles, Promises $10,000 Per Goal Against Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.