Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl (30807 Views)

Dr Tom Crawford Develops Formula To Determine Football's GOAT. See Results / Messi named in PSG squad for Reims Game / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Messi was in a team that were very capable... it helped him...they dint need him to win the CL that year that what those that argue this mean... the following 3, without him, they wudnt hv won them... but without Ronaldo, man u wudnt hv won and madrid wudnt hv won those 4... ronaldo was the one carrying his team on each occasion he won it and also lead man u to bk to bk finals...he lead 2 different teams to back to back finals...no one has ever done it in the history of CL
You are a very big liar Ronaldo and real were suffering heartbreaks in the UCL until the arrivals of Modric, Toni Kroos and lastly Gareth Bale Abi you've forgotten Marcelo that usually pumped crosses to him and the effective Sergio Ramos grin
In Manchester United Hear me well I hope you know Ronaldo was part of the fearsome trident which included tevez and Rooney They had one of the best defences in Europe with vidic and Ferdinand at the heart of it They had one of the greatest midfielders ever which was Paul scholes Van der Sar was better than valdes by miles and lastly there were coached by the great Alex Ferguson
Since he was the one carrying and giving those teams the trophies why didn't he even pass the quarterfinal at Juve At least in 2019 Messi led a frail Barca side with no xavi iniesta puyol Alves to the semi final
You see that your statement doesn't hold a single weight

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:
. Lies again he was in man utd from 2003, he did not win it until the coming of tevez. It was tevez who brought the verve. Same tevez who won the athen 2004 Olympics ahead of your Ronaldo.. Who showed your man utd with Ronaldo pepper in a lowly west ham.. Alex bought him and then came the champions league.

Then let's also say eto is the reason messi won it in 09 , villa in 11 and neymar in 15 ... eto won in 06 and took that spirit down to 09 ...he left and messi did nothing till the arrival of world cup top scorer villa and messi win it again, then villa left and he cudnt see finals till neymar arrival... neymar left and he has been lost since

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by ThierryJay: 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

I know people who know the game when they talk. Guy u dey watch ball

Lol, Chief e don tey. My interest sef no dey again as before. It just gets me annoyed when I see people try to use only livescores and online statistics to bamboozle us instead of watching it live and appreciating the small details.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

The same Chile oo.. Ronaldo has never won a match against a Copa American winner. Brazil, Uruguay, Chile.. And his idiots keep barking as if Estonia and Lithuania and ilks are found in conmebol. Infact when he met Brazil in the world cup he collected 6-1 and let in the group stage. And his zombies have mouth to talk
grin
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

You are a very big liar Ronaldo and real were suffering heartbreaks in the UCL until the arrivals of Modric, Toni Kroos and lastly Gareth Bale Abi you've forgotten Marcelo that usually pumped crosses to him and the effective Sergio Ramos grin
In Manchester United Hear me well I hope you know Ronaldo was part of the fearsome trident which included tevez and Rooney They had one of the best defences in Europe with vidic and Ferdinand at the heart of it They had one of the greatest midfielders ever which was Paul scholes Van der Sar was better than valdes by miles and lastly there were coached by the great Alex Ferguson
Since he was the one carrying and giving those teams the trophies why didn't he even pass the quarterfinal at Juve At least in 2019 Messi led a frail Barca side with no xavi iniesta puyol Alves to the semi final
You see that your statement doesn't hold a single weight

A team that has played 3 consecutive semis ...it was just a matter of time ... ronaldo hit 17 fuçking goals in 14 ... he was brutally hot .... tomorrow u will say Gnabry is the reason y Lewandowski won CL , afterallhe had not been winning it till Gnabry arrived...u are delusional
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

U argue like a fool. U brought impact I finished u there now u r asking why he was bought.. Oga go Watch ludo na where ur iq reach. U no fit understand football. It above ur thinking Faculty

U are the fool...y di they buy players if not for proven impact... was it not the impact against man u that lead to his purchase...u are a mo.ron honestly..aint replying u again cos u have only water in ur skull
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Whr was eder or guedes when he was scoring a fantastic hat trick in the semis ?? Golden boot u say but u will still use ur mouth to say football is not about goals...hypocrites... no matter what u guys touch, Ronaldo has scattered there
Baba Ronaldo is a one dimensional player (goals) Messi is a three dimensional player (goals, dribbles and assists) that's one of the reasons he's celebrated Ronaldo started two seasons before him but the goal difference is not up to 50 and messi is leading him with over 80 assists grin When last has penaldo completed up to 5 dribbles in a match It's only to be dribbling himself he knows I rather watch one who's almost every touch brings me delight than one who's major highlight is when he's in a goal scoring position or when he's taking penalties
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Baba Ronaldo is a one dimensional player (goals) Messi is a three dimensional player (goals, dribbles and assists) that's one of the reasons he's celebrated Ronaldo started two seasons before him but the goal difference is not up to 50 and messi is leading him with over 80 assists grin When last has penaldo completed up to 5 dribbles in a match It's only to be dribbling himself he knows I rather watch one who's almost every touch brings me delight than one who's major highlight is when he's in a goal scoring position or when he's taking penalties

How old is Ronaldo?? U think football players dribble at 36?? Besides, ur idea of a great playeris by dribbles... one dimensional player u say... who has the highest assist in CL history?? So Ronaldo dint used to dribble when he was younger??pls go and poopoo, u need it
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

A team that has played 3 consecutive semis ...it was just a matter of time ... ronaldo hit 17 fuçking goals in 14 ... he was brutally hot .... tomorrow u will say Gnabry is the reason y Lewandowski won CL , afterallhe had not been winning it till Gnabry arrived...u are delusional
Matter of time and they still had to wait for the 'proper reenforcements' to arrive Im not saying Ronaldo didn't work for any Champions league trophy but he didn't win until 2014 and since you said it's only because of Etoo, xavi and iniesta Messi won the UCL I'm replying you in your own coin too Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Very good I hope you know Ronaldo didn't play in any UEFA nations league group stage match for Portugal except the time he came to play for Portugal in the semi final and final cheesy If you don't know that's why bernado Silva was given the player of the tournament because he bossed the group stages And as for the euros we all saw the cheerleading activities of a certain ewu God bless Eder grin
Koko is that he was there till the end.. He played in all finals which is the most important stages of tournaments. His presence was enough.. Meanwhile Messi was in his bed sleeping while Ronaldinho xavi and Iniesta did the work from group to finals
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

From your comment you started watching match in 2015. No need to argue with Children.. Oga he played 4 out 6 group games scored 2 assisted 1 and in 1st leg against Chelsea was man of the match. Jose mourinho Chelsea go check.. The team quality then.. You are out of your mind really.. I won't answer you indomie generation again.
We still saying the same thing... Group stages aren't critical, he wasn't there in the stages that mattered more.
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

How old is Ronaldo?? U think football players dribble at 36?? Besides, ur idea of a great playeris by dribbles... one dimensional player u say... who has the highest assist in CL history?? So Ronaldo dint used to dribble when he was younger??pls go and poopoo, u need it
Me I didn't see 'those dribbles' at Madrid ooh only goal scoring And since Ronaldo is topping Messi in the UCL assists chart by 5 Noted so why is he trailing by 80 assists overall despite playing 146 matches more than him Messi at 33 is still ghosting teenagers and players in their 20s while the other one was busy counting failed legovers and commiting self-nutmegs at that age cheesy I've watched Zlatan giving successful snake bites in the Serie A this season and he's 39. I've not even touched the issues of freekicks yet grin

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

Koko is that he was there till the end.. He played in all finals which is the most important stages of tournaments. His presence was enough.. Meanwhile Messi was in his bed sleeping while Ronaldinho xavi and Iniesta did the work from group to finals
Story Eder I know not the cheerleader Messi has 4cls documented in his name Go and remove it na Not only Koko what of garri
Funny set of fanboys
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Then let's also say eto is the reason messi won it in 09 , villa in 11 and neymar in 15 ... eto won in 06 and took that spirit down to 09 ...he left and messi did nothing till the arrival of world cup top scorer villa and messi win it again, then villa left and he cudnt see finals till neymar arrival... neymar left and he has been lost since

Understand the difference.. Eto had not won it until Messi came in 2006. He was mainstay and won in 2009.. Villa came and met him a winner in 2011 same as Neymar.. In Ronaldo case he never won until tevez and bale showed up.. Barca had not won any until Messi came into D picture see the difference?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

Understand the difference.. Eto had not won it until Messi came in 2006. He was mainstay and won in 2009.. Villa came and met him a winner in 2011 same as Neymar.. In Ronaldo case he never won until tevez and bale showed up.. Barca had not won any until Messi came into D picture see the difference?
That one only hears newspaper arguments He would come up with another silly excuse
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Kilishihunter: 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

We still saying the same thing... Group stages aren't critical, he wasn't there in the stages that mattered more.
And Ronaldo wasn't there in the euros final that mattered the most of all Period
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

. Exactly so if group stage are not critical then Ronaldo has no euro or uel.. Because what critical is the final and Eder did what was necessary.. Afterall Ronaldo was at the final of euro 2004 what did he do? Stop stealing Eder shine for Ronaldo. So Ronaldo was not critical to Portugals Euro win.. In Uel he also did not score in the final and was not critical to the win.. The only thing new Portugal achieved was because of Eder.. They have played quarterfinal, semifinal and final with and without Ronaldo and won nothing until cometh the hour cometh the man the Portuguese legend Eder.. He is the most critical player in Portugals history if u don't know better know it now
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

U are the fool...y di they buy players if not for proven impact... was it not the impact against man u that lead to his purchase...u are a mo.ron honestly..aint replying u again cos u have only water in ur skull

So it was not Messi impact that made him start against Chelsea.. U r too dumb oo
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:
. Exactly so if group stage are not critical then Ronaldo has no euro or uel.. Because what critical is the final and Eder did what was necessary.. Afterall Ronaldo was at the final of euro 2004 what did he do? Stop stealing Eder shine for Ronaldo. So Ronaldo was not critical to Portugals Euro win.. In Uel he also did not score in the final and was not critical to the win.. The only thing new Portugal achieved was because of Eder.. They have played quarterfinal, semifinal and final with and without Ronaldo and won nothing until cometh the hour cometh the man the Portuguese legend Eder.. He is the most critical player in Portugals history if u don't know better know it now
Eder is only critical to you cos he scored.. If being critical means scoring then indeed CR7 is the greatest of all times with highest number of goals scored. Then Messi on the other hand should be stripped of 2014 champions league cos he didn't score in the final and so therefore wasn't there at the critical stage.
Messi has 2 champions league..

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

And Ronaldo wasn't there in the euros final that mattered the most of all Period
Go YouTube and watch the match.. He was clearly there. Unless you're blind

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Story Eder I know not the cheerleader Messi has 4cls documented in his name Go and remove it na Not only Koko what of garri
Funny set of fanboys
Cheerleader ensured they got to the final.. Cheerleader played half the match.. Cheerleader motivated them till the very last second, cheerleader was in the team of the tournament. Cheerleader is the greatest footballer of all times. I guess every serious footballer should aspire to be a cheerleader too

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Atticusxsz(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Ronaldo de Lima won 2 World cups cos he was also registered as a squad player in 94 ...but we know that its only in 2002 that he was an effective winner...ronaldo effectively was 5 CL titles and effectively participated in 6 finals...

Lol grin
We'll in the global scene in terms of football know that Lionel Andrés Messi has won 4 CL trophies, whether he's effective/effectively or ineffectively or is there any site on cyberspace where it's documented that he won 3 CL trophies effectively and 4 CL trophies ineffectively? Because i know that if we're to pledge on it, you wouldn't go for 3 CL trophies but 4 CL trophies since you already know but you just want to stress and debate on the issue unnecessarily with what you term effective/effectively. Ronaldo de Lima won 2 World cups whether effectively or not. Record has it so and our mundane world knows that, it's a fact and also, he's got the medals for both as well, same with La pulga couple with other renown players. It's only here you'll argue and say what you're saying when the truth is littered everywhere. So, If Uefa/Fifa, pundits, coaches, renowned sportsmen and football analyst are all aware he's got 4 CL trophies, who're you to say he's effective in 3 CL trophies, so it's got to be 3 and not 4? If there's a figurative debate that resulted on a wager on this matter, would you bet with your money that he's got 3 CL trophies to his name and not 4? Answer truthfully, will you?. So, calm down. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by pquaver(m): 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

Eder is only critical to you cos he scored.. If being critical means scoring then indeed CR7 is the greatest of all times with highest number of goals scored. Then Messi on the other hand should be stripped of 2014 champions league cos he didn't score in the final and so therefore wasn't there at the critical stage.
Messi has 2 champions league..

No he is critical to you because you decide to arrgate yourselves(Ronaldo fans) the power to decide what match is crucial or not.. If they match are not crucial why does Ronaldo play them? If he scores its crucial if he doesn't it is not. Eder is crutcial to all of us going by your logic he scored the most crucial goal and Ronaldo has not scored such.. Simple and Messi did not win ucl in 2014
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

No he is critical to you because you decide to arrgate yourselves(Ronaldo fans) the power to decide what match is crucial or not.. If they match are not crucial why does Ronaldo play them? If he scores its crucial if he doesn't it is not. Eder is crutcial to all of us going by your logic he scored the most crucial goal and Ronaldo has not scored such.. Simple and Messi did not win ucl in 2014
No.. It's your own logic, you're the ones that mention eder every single time, if CR7 hadn't scored they wouldn't be in final. But all that doesn't change the fact Messi wasn't present in 2006 ucl and neither did he score in the final of 2014/2015 ucl

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 5:55pm On Feb 10, 2021
pquaver:

Messi dint effect barca winning..they dint need hi. To win it...messi dint contribute to their winning the CL ...he only played one consequential game and it was against Chelsea first leg...no goal , no assist ... the CL that year was won by other players ...
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Me I didn't see 'those dribbles' at Madrid ooh only goal scoring And since Ronaldo is topping Messi in the UCL assists chart by 5 Noted so why is he trailing by 80 assists overall despite playing 146 matches more than him Messi at 33 is still ghosting teenagers and players in their 20s while the other one was busy counting failed legovers and commiting self-nutmegs at that age cheesy I've watched Zlatan giving successful snake bites in the Serie A this season and he's 39. I've not even touched the issues of freekicks yet grin

Its only Messi fans thst carry assist on head like gala sellers...assist is not an achievement in football...it comes with no recognition
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by Beverlyjean(f): 6:03pm On Feb 10, 2021
FuckThaMod:

No.. It's your own logic, you're the ones that mention eder every single time, if CR7 hadn't scored they wouldn't be in final. But all that doesn't change the fact Messi wasn't present in 2006 ucl and neither did he score in the final of 2014/2015 ucl

The fool can also say Maradona doesn't deserve the best player in 86 as he dint score in the final ...u can see how foolish these Messi fans are... or they should also say that mba that scored for Nigeria in the final of African Cup of nations was better than emenike ... or coman that scored in the 1.0 win over psg in last years CL final is more effective than Lewandowski...just imagine hw foolish these guys are
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by FuckThaMod: 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

The fool can also say Maradona doesn't deserve the best player in 86 as he dint score in the final ...u can see how foolish these Messi fans are... or they should also say that mba that scored for Nigeria in the final of African Cup of nations was better than emenike ... or coman that scored in the 1.0 win over psg in last years CL final is more effective than Lewandowski...just imagine hw foolish these guys are
Very foolish
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by OJEEMAH(m): 7:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by OJEEMAH(m): 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
Beverlyjean:

it's just a dose of your own medicine..... Now you know how it feels when you twist an argument to suit your narrative.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by PAWG(m): 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
paulolee:
thats normal, all spots professionals, analyst and pundits dt have watched both play over the years knows that they is no other type of player like the talented and magical lionel messi..
no disrespect to cr7 bt for me he is just about goals but messi gives u dt same insane numbers, can dribble, a perfect playmaker n the list is endless..
Leo is the only player dt can easily finish a season with more goals, more assist, more freekicks scored n most man of the match performances won and also all players n coaches do agree dt having leo on ur team makes it easier for u to win n dts why barca just CNT let him go dt easily..
m seriously tired of preaching dis gospel of lionel messi all d time, d painful fact is dt cr7 fan boys know all this but sentiments, hate n bias wont make them attest to this..

Where’s his world cup trophy?
Re: Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl by PAWG(m): 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
DesChyko:

Still on the Champions League matter.
And we are not talking about goals.

For you, you really don't know enough football las las.

Judging by what they put there, Cr7 has won 5 Champions League trophies, Messi has 4, who then is boss?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / Pogba Meeting Zidane In Dubai Adds To Suspicion Of Man Utd Transfer Talk / Barcelona And Real Madrid Knocked Out Of Copa del Rey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.