Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Good Degree + Poor English = Failure At Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Good Degree + Poor English = Failure At Interviews (1372 Views)

How To Win At Interviews / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Degree + Poor English = Failure At Interviews by headhunter(f): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2007
It is not surprising to find that the job forum is the most popular on nairaland!

There are thousands of people looking for work and as an experienced professional recruiter, I know that communication skills are the undoing of many otherwise intelligent people.

Unfortunately, interviewers cannot tell you that you failed because you speak terrible English!  But trust me, this is a major issue for employers in Nigeria.

If you think that you need some help in the oral communications department, I recommend a visit to the meeting of Toastmasters International www.toastmasters.org, a global communications and leadership organisation which arrived in Nigeria almost two years ago.

You will have an opportunity to improve your communication skills, self esteem and leadership qualities.

Eagle Toastmasters Club Nigeria meets at Eko Hotel & Suites, Adetokunbo Ademola Street, VI, Lagos every 1st & 2nd Saturday of each month.  It is Free for you to attend their meetings to observe and you will no doubt be hooked after the first meeting and may decide to become a member.

For more information, visit www.toastmasters.org and view details on Nigeria  smiley

(1) (Reply)

Females Still Looking For A Job Or Need Additional Income? Check This Out! / Oceanic Bank Is Calling 4 Interview / Highest Paid Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.