Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,978 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966491 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
What's the ideal or recommended feeding plan. For attaining huge weight and size for 100 broilers and what feed would u recommend.
mecuzee:
Depends on your feeding plan and target customers. You'll have about 12 weeks of feeding. You may be able to sell at 4k or more if you attain a huge weight and size!

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hi. I can only recommend what I've used which is KBC 10!
1st week - 12kg/100 birds
2nd week - 25kg/100 birds
3rd week - 38kg/100 birds
4th week - 50kg/100 birds

Gozychuks:
What's the ideal or recommended feeding plan. For attaining huge weight and size for 100 broilers and what feed would u recommend.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ajokbem: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
Gozychuks:

For huge sized broilers, give them feed adlibitum I.e don't measure their feed, just keep feeding them. And ensure they eat in d midnight too. That way u should attain 2kg in 6weeks. U can buy top feed or Amo byng feed. They are both good.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebamtech(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
farmers in the house, could weather have caused the egg production to fall from 79eggs to 6oeggs per day? or there is something hidden happening to my birds? they're feeding well and taking their antibiotics(neoceryl) and lasota as at when due. kindly advice me on what to do.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
adebamtech:
farmers in the house, could weather have caused the egg production to fall from 79eggs to 6oeggs per day? or there is something hidden happening to my birds? they're feeding well and taking their antibiotics(neoceryl) and lasota as at when due. kindly advice me on what to do.

How many weeks are the birds. did you give then 3 in 1. the present weather condition is very favourable for egg production
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fumbaby: 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
mecuzee:
Hi. I can only recommend what I've used which is KBC 10!
1st week - 12kg/100 birds
2nd week - 25kg/100 birds
3rd week - 38kg/100 birds
4th week - 50kg/100 birds

What's the price of a bag?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebamtech(m): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
davidzfarm18:

How many weeks are the birds. did you give then 3 in 1. the present weather condition is very favourable for egg production

they're 31wks+ now. which one is 3in1? thanks in advance
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
It's N12,300 per 50kg bag in benin. You should be able to get it cheaper in lagos. Mixing ratio is for 1 ton (1000kg)
KBC 10 - 125kg
Soya beans - 275kg
Maize - 600kg
I was able to get already mixed bags of 25kg at N2,900 per bag. I've used 150kg on the 200 birds as at today been 19 days!

Fumbaby:

What's the price of a bag?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 4:50am On Sep 08, 2015
farmgate:

It depends on the strain of the broiler you got. A strain like Marshall,Arbor acre,Hubbard can attain At least 2kg in less than 6-7wks with a good management. Feed Conversion Rate or Ration to 4 :2 meaning 4Kg of feeds to attain 2kg live weight

Errm..... pls I am not conversant wit doz names. pls which type do agrited n chi have ?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 8:28am On Sep 08, 2015
Well done to great farmers in the house. Please what can be the cause and remedy to watery eyes in 8 weeks layers and cockrel that have taken all the vaccine and antibiotics as at when due.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by WhyNa: 9:11am On Sep 08, 2015
Please can someone tell me where to get a day old broiler from in Lagos?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aumoria(m): 11:36am On Sep 08, 2015
fnk:

The truth in business or production is that the more things go through process, the more valuable it becomes. In my farm I have a processing house, there we have a de-feathering machine that can de-feather up to 15 birds per minute, we have a long granite table with 3 big stainless sinks, we have a big gas burner to boil the water. So, the guys kill the birds in batches, soak them in the hot water for about 1 minute, then put them in the de-feathering machine, within 1 minute all the feather comes off, they pick them up, put them in the sink and remove any stubborn feather, clean the chicken, remove the guts cut off the head, neck and legs. rinse them off and put them in a cooled clean water, from there they are placed in the packaging bags, we have couple packaging machines, one is mostly used for cut chicken and the other for whole chicken. Most of our chickens though are packed in whole. They are labeled, weighed and priced. In my precessing house, we have 3 freezers to hold newly processed chicken, from where we send them out to our outlets and or the our customers.
Depending on the orders, we can process about 400 birds in 2 hours.

Remember, this is a mom and pop operation, but it can keep body and soul together as a business.
Please can you advice on where I can source these machines locally? I will appreciate it if I can have some training in the processes. What is your location? I live in Ikorodu, Lagos.

Thanks in advance

unesianthony@yahoo.com
whatsapp 08178933343
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
samuel25:
Well done to great farmers in the house. Please what can be the cause and remedy to watery eyes in 8 weeks layers and cockrel that have taken all the vaccine and antibiotics as at when due.

That look like Coryzal. Any good antibiotics will do.
Ciprovet, enrofloxacin, Neoceryl will take care of it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horlajuwon(m): 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
I feed them wit top feed
Tomi777:
@horlajuwon wot did u feed ur broiler birds wit?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horlajuwon(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
I use penprovit for my turkey and it work fine
davidzfarm18:

That look like Coryzal. Any good antibiotics will do.
Ciprovet, enrofloxacin, Neoceryl will take care of it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horlajuwon(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Thanks alot
Tmex:
calcium supplément like asbona will do the magic.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ksy1: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
[b][/b][color=][/color][color=#770077][/color] All thanks to the founder Hindsight. And others like basking4me, davidzfarm, fnk and plenty more others for keeping the forum bubbling. I have been reading the blog for weeks now, page after page and i enjoyd it. AND I THANK GOD FOR THOSE WHO ARE DOING WELL.

Please i stay in ikeja, I will to kno if any one have a farm around that i could visit and again more experience.

And fnk Mr Franklin kalu, pls i would love you to pls send me the virus protective shield format that u sent to ppl in page 16. I have some domesticated chickens. my mail is anokwuru7@gmail.com Thanks in advance and GOD bless u.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ksy1: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
fnk:
@bb life, The thing is that I used the solution in a small scale and it worked, I need to use it on a larger scale befor I can get the info out. Have you started your poultry yet? If not, give me your email and I will forward the project that I put together, based on the cost that I got last year.
. Pls help me sir or any1 else. I know its been long
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by samuel25(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
davidzfarm18:

That look like Coryzal. Any good antibiotics will do. Ciprovet, enrofloxacin, Neoceryl will take care of it.
Thanks a lot. You are wonderful.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 7:35am On Sep 09, 2015
Nacre1:

Errm..... pls I am not conversant wit doz names. pls which type do agrited n chi have ?

AGRITED: Ross 308 Broiler
CHI. :Arbor Acre Broiler

It is better to know the brand of product you are buying with their performance both in health and live weight. This will make you choose the one suitable for your budget and economical plan

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 8:53am On Sep 09, 2015
farmgate:

AGRITED: Ross 308 Broiler
CHI. :Arbor Acre Broiler

It is better to know the brand of product you are buying with their performance both in health and live weight. This will make you choose the one suitable for your budget and economical plan

which one is better
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tmex(m): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2015
Oga fnk, its bn a while we read from here, hope u r good and how about our long overdue visitation?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by adebamtech(m): 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
adebamtech:

they're 31wks+ now. which one is 3in1? thanks in advance

still waiting for your response and recommendations.
regards
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Trueigbo:

which one is better

Both even "Oba Marshall" from Obasanjo farm. They are from reliable source. Just make sure your management is 100% ok for them to attain normal live weight and good health

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by unclec2015: 2:24am On Sep 10, 2015
Please I am currently writing a business plan.

What is the current price of Broiler Starter, Grower and Finisher.

What is the price of Layer starter, Grower and Layer.

I will like the price for good feeds especial vital feed, animal care, top feed and ETC.

Thanks,
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 6:37am On Sep 10, 2015
it depend on your location Visit a feed vendor around you and ask for the price
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2015
Broiler as at today is N190 in chi farm.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 8:48am On Sep 10, 2015
aumoria:

Please can you advice on where I can source these machines locally? I will appreciate it if I can have some training in the processes. What is your location? I live in Ikorodu, Lagos.

Thanks in advance

unesianthony@yahoo.com
whatsapp 08178933343

I got mine from the U.S, but I have heard about some company selling it here in Nigeria. House please provide him the info if you have it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 8:53am On Sep 10, 2015
Tmex:
Oga fnk, its bn a while we read from here, hope u r good and how about our long overdue visitation?

Sorry, I lost my dad few weeks ago, So I came back running around preparing for the funeral. It will be over by next weekend at that time I can take a breather. One of our Nairalander visited about a week ago though.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fun2015: 8:54am On Sep 10, 2015
Good morning farmers in the house. Pls how many weeks does cockrel take for slaughter stage? Pls wht do I used to take d measurement of my bird? They are eating well today is the 5weeks. sam?
samuel25:
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fun2015: 9:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Good morn Bosaty 2003. Please is there need for me to feed my broiler grower before finisher? Because as at today been 5weeks I still feeds them with starter and they are CHI birds. Note: I will send the picture of the birds to you tomorrow
wink
bosaty2003:
Broiler as at today is N190 in chi farm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agrosawyerr: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2015
i greet all farmers on this platform
today is my first time here but i have been following up on everyones comments

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.