Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (965295 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Olaisrich(m): 7:00am On May 20, 2011
Bravo! we are really proud of you! keep it up!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TOPAI7(m): 8:21pm On May 20, 2011
Hindsight, i admire your patience and tenacity. I pray that this will launch you to greater heights as it has done to many.
Am also a small poultry farmer, but i want to ask the polythene you've got here, was it made from sewing bags?
Please ensure to give your birds enough space for optimum production and to reduce disease transmission.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AK123(m): 7:12am On May 21, 2011
hello hindsight,well done,pls can you tell us the dimensions of your poultry house.and possibly amount spent on construction,this is to serve as a guide for upcoming poultry farmers like myself.thanks and wishing you success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 7:27am On May 21, 2011
@Topai7, i dont really know whether the polythene was made from sweeping bags or not i was told that it is more durable than cement bags. Thanks for ur comment.

@ AK123, am not much of a'builder' but the dimensions were given to us by a consultant before we built. The building gulped about N300,000.00, but it may have being a little less if we had used the fence as part of the building. Also we had to do the flooring twice which made our costs to go up by about N80,000.00.

We have ordered our birds @ N180.00 for the broilers and N210.00 for the layers. This cost us a total of N300,000.00. We r expecting delivery by next week. It is likely dat we will get the broilers first.

5 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yaris(m): 7:23am On May 23, 2011
gudmorning. update pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fidelo726: 3:43pm On May 23, 2011
Ride on girl.
We are really following.
Meanwhile you can just use a measuring tape to measure the lenght and breadth of each partition so that we can get the dimension.
Cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by femmy2010(m): 6:21pm On May 23, 2011
starting something similar soon and am sure i would learn a whole lot from this thread.

Keep up the good job.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by elite(m): 11:39pm On May 23, 2011
hindsight,
i'm into poultry but in a smaller scale, here in kaduna.
kindly lemme know ur address or location so we can come, see and possibly learn a thing or two from you, dats if u dont mind.
All the best!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 8:53am On May 24, 2011
Hi all.
The person we got to help us manage the poultry is presently engaged somewhere else. He will be free to work with us as from the first of next month. in light of this development we have decided to allow him settle down and put the chicken coop in order by fumigating etc etc. So we will be gettting our chicks on the 10th of June God willing. We r shopping some more today in preparation for take off.

All those thinking of going into this business should prepare well well, cos we r still spending money and the chicks have not even arrived yet. grin

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by garrygreen: 3:26pm On May 24, 2011
A Poultry Farm Birds need a certain amount of stimulation, and this is easily adjustable in any number of ramps and walk ways. You can also help keep them healthy and happy, to make sure they feel from predators by putting adequate perches in cooperation so that they can pitch at night.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aladesuyi(m): 5:43pm On May 24, 2011
kip it up lady.d sky is ur starting point. wish u d best in dis venture. just like odas, kip us posted on d final cost of getting dis done.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 7:21pm On May 24, 2011
Thanks all for ur encouragement. smiley
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by headworld: 7:15am On May 25, 2011
Startup or existing business …we will help you achieve what you want. From packaging your BUSINESS PLAN or PROPOSAL and everything in between.

As you engage our professional service, be sure that our many years of experience & expertise will give your idea, business or project that EDGE in the market-place, as we have done for our numerous clients.

Talk to us today, to see how we can get u started or keep you ahead in business.

Call 01-7918465, 08030703064 Now!
www.OuterEDGEng.com

Tomorrow belongs to entrepreneurs and business owners.

OuterEDGE Solutions…>Why is it not possible?>>
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 9dynasty(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2011
hello hindsight
as a private business owner myself i do encourage just what you and your friend are doing. to add some insight i hope you've taken care of reptiles like snakes, they could be worse than bird diseases some times, keep progressing, cheers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Claracuzio: 12:35am On May 28, 2011
Brrrrrrr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamace(m): 10:34am On May 30, 2011
Good job, Hindsight. cool

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by theresaluv: 3:10am On May 31, 2011
Hi hindsight,
Am new in nairaland and saw your great project which i really appreciate, but to be on the saver side why don't you start with less than a thousand birds in order to gather more xperience. And should in case you need more pullet in the nearest future, you can order for it direct from obasanjo hatcheries in ota, i'll give you the manager's number because am also a small poultry farmer.

Great investment, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Seun(m): 3:29am On May 31, 2011
Interesting thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pleep(m): 8:57am On May 31, 2011
^^ hey seun, this might be of topic, but do you think this business section is becoming less about interesting threads like, business discussions, business advice, and great topics like this one, and more about people advertising business manuals etc?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yaris(m): 8:48am On Jun 04, 2011
whats the latest or should we wait till june 10.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by DisGuy: 12:21am On Jun 05, 2011
pleep:

^^ hey seun, this might be of topic, but do you think this business section is becoming less about interesting threads like, business discussions, business advice, and great topics like this one, and more about people advertising business manuals etc?

yes, the business section was booming until some people start bombarding every thread with ebook, forex, money links etc etc
most of these 'i must be an entrepreneur' should go for classes in marketing

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2011
Hi all!
I have been off-color lately. Nothing much has been going on @ the site, just finishing touches. I guess more updates will be coming up when the chicks arrive. Stay tuned and thanks for all the feedback.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2011
9dynasty:

hello hindsight
as a private business owner myself i do encourage just what you and your friend are doing. to add some insight i hope you've taken care of reptiles like snakes, they could be worse than bird diseases some times, keep progressing, cheers
Claracuzio:

@hindsight! Keep up the good work and hope u have a steady supply of clean water, good feed and probiotics as these are what would keep u in business? Compromise any of these and u'll be crying.
Moreover keep an eye on your manager as little management flaws might crash your business. Also into the business feel free to come one on one 08067732200 (sms)

Beautiful advices . . . . . Nigeria really have a future with people like this and the Moderator of this thread . . . . Keep it up guys.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yaris(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2011
guess what. its Friday June 10.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
My people make una no vex o!
The day old broilers were delivered on the 10th as promised but there has been a delay as regards to the day old layers. I was not on hand to recieve them but my friend and partner was. Went by yesterday and things were ok. As at today we have lost 10 chicks from the 500 chicks 4 died on transit. So enuff stories, see below for the pixs.

@Yaris thanks for staying tuned wink.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2011
pix

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2011
pix,

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2011
pix,

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2011
more pix, All these pixs were taken on friday.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Hindsight(f): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
more pixs,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by niapay(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2011
you need to have a brooder heater in there to increase the floor temperature to 33-34' to avoid losing more chicks

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by DisGuy: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2011
What are the lanterns for, light or heat? You should use bulb or battery lamp

Are those lanterns not dangerous being close to the white board

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.