Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (966416 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Annabechick(f): 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
una weldone ooo! my people abeg my broilers don dey go almost 5wks now! i be want ask when i go take stop to dey use broiler super starter and wether make i use grower or finisher ?since na xmass time i dey target. because i was told that i can't use grower for broiler
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pcoolioz(m): 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
macdot:

you can get the clay pot and use, also there are fabricated ones made by welders. Any of the two will do. However, ensure you light the charcoal outside so that there wont be any more smoke before you take it into the pen.
FarmTech:

thank you, will do just that.
Better to cover all and leave one or 2 openings at the top for ventilation. Visit them when the wind is singing to see what else you can do.
FarmTech:

okay will check them tonight, thanks.
What was ur vaccinatn plan and did u prevent coccidiosis? What did you do to help the sick ones to recover? http://www.farmersjoint.com/Thread-Emergency-Liquid-Food-for-Sick-Birds

yes I did, the plan is a program I was given by a vet who raises broilers, they stop drinking when they are weak, the liquid food only works if they still eat or drink, it would only work if I decide to force it down its throat or smtn..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheShootist(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
FarmTech:

Mine are about 19 wks too without laying and I love it that way. I don't pray for early lay because I want bigger eggs.

Lol! You gerrit!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheShootist(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
abbeyforex:
FOR SALE ! 4weeks old broilers,all vaccine administered up to date and birds are 1kg averagely as at today,farm located in Ibadan. Pls PM me if you have interest.
These birds are big mehn.. 4 weeks?! Cool.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheShootist(m): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
laposta:

Air tight ke? The room doesn't have to be air tight...you still need some form of ventilation. However, you should make sure there isn't too muc air coming inside.

Source of extra heat is non-negotiable. If you're in d North, you may not need that fduring the day but at night, you'll surely need extra heat, even in d north

Looool! Remember our chat, them people wey go dey give 'heat' instead of 'warmth'
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheShootist(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
FarmTech:

Mine are about 19 wks too without laying and I love it that way. I don't pray for early lay because I want bigger eggs.

Lol! You gerrit!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TheShootist(m): 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
abbeyforex:

If you wouldnt mind from Ibadan ,the owner of the farm trained me and he is reliable. I am very much sure he followed all the due programme for the birds.

Ok. Thanks. Will call you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2015
jamp, thanks for asking after me Bro. I'm good just been quite busy. Good to know that your birds are doing great. Davidzfarm. I'm happy that you're back in production after the issue with your last set. Nice seeing several new gurus in the house. Nice weekend all.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
This dude was battered by my 10 days old birds grin

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2015
Annabechick:
My one month old broilers. Any complains?

Looks like a thousand birds! I admire your determination as a lady. Congrats!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
U're on track. Since you target is December, I would suggest you start now or at most 7th week. Use finisher. Some people mix grower and finisher 50/50 though...

Annabechick:
una weldone ooo! my people abeg my broilers don dey go almost 5wks now! i be want ask when i go take stop to dey use broiler super starter and wether make i use grower or finisher ?since na xmass time i dey target. because i was told that i can't use grower for broiler
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jamp: 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
Eggcelent:
jamp, thanks for asking after me Bro. I'm good just been quite busy. Good to know that your birds are doing great. Davidzfarm. I'm happy that you're back in production after the issue with your last set. Nice seeing several new gurus in the house. Nice weekend all.

Weldone bro. May God bless ur efforts
Hope ur birds are doing great.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
pcoolioz:

yes I did, the plan is a program I was given by a vet who raises broilers, they stop drinking when they are weak, the liquid food only works if they still eat or drink, it would only work if I decide to force it down its throat or smtn..
What I normally do is to help them drink using a syringe. I do that to all my sick birds and it takes time. The last ones I did it to were over 20 and only one died. If you just leave them like that, a lot will die.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gidigidi3(m): 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2015
pcoolioz:

I read somewhere on this agric section of a herbal remedy for sick birds, since i did not want to introduce any form of antibiotics, I tried it and behold it was a magic!!! "Vmix" has ARRIVED for me @fnk. (Pawpaw leaves, guava leaves, ginger, aloe vera & moringa leaves) I couldn't get moringa leaves though. I pounded them, squeazed and mixed the water for them, by morning they where all running around looking for food. As a first timer it is an eureka. Hahaha. Try it and you will not regret it. Thanks to Nairaland for my success.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by danyegbule: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
FarmTech:

So even at week 19, its not still bad....
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by poulvacancy15: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
I don't agree with this. You might not be perturbed if you plan that your pullets should not be laying by 19 weeks but it is an issue if you didn't. Its not helpful for the fellow who asked the question not to also get the right response and I believe he should answer the question raised on the weight of the bird. In addition can he tell us the breed of the bird he has stocked. This would allow a snap shot review of his posting.

danyegbule:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
TheShootist:

Ok. Thanks. Will call you.
We have quality point of lay birds for sale,too.
Sent you a mail. Thanks!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pathology(m): 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
good evening house, how many bags of growers mash will 100pullet. consume BTW 9 and 20 wks. thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:02am On Sep 21, 2015
poulvacancy15:
I don't agree with this. You might not be perturbed if you plan that your pullets should not be laying by 19 weeks but it is an issue if you didn't. Its not helpful for the fellow who asked the question not to also get the right response and I believe he should answer the question raised on the weight of the bird. In addition can he tell us the breed of the bird he has stocked. This would allow a snap shot review of his posting.

U're right about the weight. But birds normally start lay btw 18-24wks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 5:03am On Sep 21, 2015
pathology:
good evening house, how many bags of growers mash will 100pullet. consume BTW 9 and 20 wks. thanks
5kg per birds to from 9-18wks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 5:11am On Sep 21, 2015
danyegbule:

The fact is that birds should start dropping between 17-19weeks. anything above that is an issue. when a lady passes her EDD. definitely she would be disturbed.
concerning the Egg weight issue. I just learnt that its not by the age at start of lay but the weight and management practice.

A pullets that started laying @ 17 weeks and weigh 1.5kg will give you bigger eggs than
1.45kg @ 22weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm18(m): 5:19am On Sep 21, 2015
Annabechick:

Pls kindly switch to finisher, feed the birds well and dispose them by 7weeks.
You can start the December ones by mid Oct. they shd be above 12 weeks by December, if properly fed, the will weigh above 3.8kg by Xmas. pole are not concern abt the age of ur birds but by the size.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pathology(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2015
davidzfarm18:

5kg per birds to from 9-18wks

do u mean total feed consumption by a bird from 9_18wks?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ksy1: 7:33am On Sep 21, 2015
Hlo room pls am thinking of keeping 3-5 broilers at home. pls i want some advice and i want to know if broliers crow, because the farm close to me said they have hybrid cock.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2015
macdot:

you can get the clay pot and use, also there are fabricated ones made by welders. Any of the two will do. However, ensure you light the charcoal outside so that there wont be any more smoke before you take it into the pen.

good charcoal dont produce smoke.
clay pot good for the DOC is sold for N600 from the women who sell herbal products.
number of pots depend on the kind of brooding room.if fully covered with the roof, 2 clay pot is okay; if open roof pen converted to brooding room, 4 - 5 clay pot is advisable and if normal room say, 12ft x 10ft size, 3pots are fine.

additional experience advise is welcome on this.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
Very good and thoughtful advice!

davidzfarm18:

Pls kindly switch to finisher, feed the birds well and dispose them by 7weeks.
You can start the December ones by mid Oct. they shd be above 12 weeks by December, if properly fed, the will weigh above 3.8kg by Xmas. pole are not concern abt the age of ur birds but by the size.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aAK1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Afternoon . Please I need help on the following information. What farm has the best layers and how much do they sell point of lay?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mecuzee(m): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
12 days old broilers from Zartech using KBC 10

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by smartmouth(f): 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
good job
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
davidzfarm18:

The fact is that birds should start dropping between 17-19weeks. anything above that is an issue. when a lady passes her EDD. definitely she would be disturbed.
concerning the Egg weight issue. I just learnt that its not by the age at start of lay but the weight and management practice.

A pullets that started laying @ 17 weeks and weigh 1.5kg will give you bigger eggs than
1.45kg @ 22weeks.
I don't agree with this. A pullet that start laying at 17 wks and weigh 1.5kg is probably fat. Fat birds don't lay well. U have to follow feeding and body wt plan for ur breed.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
jamp. The birds are doing good. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.