Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,831 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos (43731 Views)

Tenant Removing Tiles Before Packing Out / Port Harcourt Landlord Locks Out Electricity Company Over Rent / Rights Of A Tenant Over A Reviewed Rent In Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Klass99(f): 2:19pm On Feb 10, 2021
smiley
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by McTobe(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
My friend if you meet bad tenants, you will find yourself contemplating selling your hard effort house. Once one owed my grandparents up to four years, can you imagine that? He was asked to park even with the rent he resorted to going to court yet he does not have money to pay. This is not a cooked up story o but true, so tell me what you will do in that case?.
greggng:

Pls let us be human for once. The lockdown in nigeria affected every soul. If there is no economic activities going on, were do you expect citizens to get money to pay rent? In saner countries paliatives , stimulus were given to citizens to reduce the effect of the lock down . My tenant has being owing me since 2 years but I ask him to go look for one year rent ....cos I understand the effect of corona viruse on citizens ...instead of two years ...he is gonna pay me 1 year. Despite that I visited the apartment to fix the fence and other minor repairs ...one day we shall all die and abandon all this wealth ...

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Coolgent(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
Nwodosis:
The landlord must be a crossbreed of Fulani herders!
Or baby factory product by Inyamuri grin

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by McTobe(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Once my landlord asked me to park out for owing her just two months. Meanwhile I was paying yearly, I know Preety well that I can go to court because she cannot just give me one month notice to park meanwhile she is supposed to give me six months notice. I sought the advice of my Godfather, he advised me to look for money and parkout for her, when I protested about my right he asked me to think of building my house some day and my tenant taking me to court in my property and how I will feel about it, immediately I drew the lesson therein for me. Eventually I parked without any trouble. Some tenants are worst than parasite
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by KaluwisxPRO: 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2021
greggng:

Pls let us be human for once. The lockdown in nigeria affected every soul. If there is no economic activities going on, were do you expect citizens to get money to pay rent? In saner countries paliatives , stimulus were given to citizens to reduce the effect of the lock down . My tenant has being owing me since 2 years but I ask him to go look for one year rent ....cos I understand the effect of corona viruse on citizens ...instead of two years ...he is gonna pay me 1 year. Despite that I visited the apartment to fix the fence and other minor repairs ...one day we shall all die and abandon all this wealth ...

Why should a tenant renew their lease for 2years in the first place? You are not doing that Tenant any good to start with if Two years is what you initially wanted for a renewal.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by millhouse: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
And some folks want citizens in Naija to have access to Liscence guns ... we would kill ourselves at the spark of a fly , some many hot tempered folks around

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by TUANKU(m): 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

This comment sweet me die grin
grin
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Abudu2000(m): 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2021
chrisxxx:

You cant win any war in my house. I have my armoury full of battlefield tested arsenals.
oya give a benin guy ur house then mess up
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by TUANKU(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
millhouse:
And some folks want citizens in Naija to have access to Liscence guns ... we would kill ourselves at the spark of a fly , some many hot tempered folks around
Beer joints, newspaper stands and football viewing centers will record the most shootings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by femijay8271(m): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
greggng:

IF THIS IS TRUE, MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by davillian(m): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
Mutemenot:
Bad tenants can provoke, how can you owe 15 months rent and expect the landlord to be at peace with you As okada Chairman, I know the guy is full of trouble
That's what happens when you put your whole problems on house rents...
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by greggng: 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Why should a tenant renew their lease for 2years in the first place? You are not doing that Tenant any good to start with if Two years is what you initially wanted for a renewal.

Is a yearly renewal ...after the first expiration ...he explained to me that his mother in law died shortly after he was posted to Bayelsa state....I am human ....he promise to pay ....in the process we enter lockdown ....I decided in my mind to remove the one year which I considered he had lots of issue including the death of his mother in law ...There is something I didn't mention in my last write up ...he has been a good tenant in good standing for 8 years before this issues ....Again I 've never increased my rent since 2010 he moved into my house....my sister has been complaining that he us using jazz on me but I once lived in a house for 5 years without any increment. The landlord only increase when one packs out. I vowed to do same ....I am just emulating that landlord. Finally , is not good to rely on rentals alone
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by NwaScore442(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
OdogwuBlog:

Source: https://punchng.com/guns-recovered-as-landlord-shoots-okada-union-chair-over-rent/

The landlord wasted 6 bullets without hitting d target.. Wat a waste of firearm! Cnt he learn frm john wick for crying out loud!.. Jus one headshot!... Boom.. All is quiet!

Abeg.. No one shld shout at me.. Am Jus wakin up.. Had a bad migraine embarassed embarassed
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by chrisxxx(m): 3:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
Abudu2000:
oya give a benin guy ur house then mess up
Ask Benin guys that have stayed in an Ikwerre's man house. After doing that get back to me.
Make I go oil my selena.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Yoighaman(m): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
Shot 6 times, e nor enter the guy body but the walls of the building were riddled with bullets, o boi, e be like say Jazz is real o shocked

...but owing for a year and 3 months ain't cool and fair nau and to know that the tenant is a chairman of okada riders even makes it more worrisome. He definitely has the money but doesn't want to pay....maybe he has other pressing needs but he should be considerate, the house is the landlord's investment and he is entitled to his returns.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
Tenants think a house is built with cheap dry leaves rather than sweat and blood - leave the house if you cannot pay rent. you think you are the only ones with problems. landlord should have just silently have him shot 6 times in the waist grin grin
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by KingLion007(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Mutemenot:
Bad tenants can provoke, how can you owe 15 months rent and expect the landlord to be at peace with you As okada Chairman, I know the guy is full of trouble
I wonder ooo...Okada chairman and you cant pay ur rent...Landlord sef think he is in abroad abi...im never she shomtin...mk im go landlord for prison small
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Oracleforce: 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
chrisxxx:
Some tenants do not have money to pay rent but have money to consult and mobilise a lawyer once you breech the law. You will be surprised to see the tenant bringing out the money he had claimed he didn't have.

It is incumbent on any landlord to do his due diligence before accepting any tenant to your house.

How can you accept Okada rider chairman into your house?...you should expect all kind of bad and corrupt character from him but when you go for someone that value his or her reputation more than money, then, you don't need to worry about your tenancy payment....

I'm talking from experience...for example, some companies that their employee can't afford to behave anyhow either in the company or outside company...when such employee refuses to pay, just walk up to the HR manager of those company and explain yourself with some evidence of his or her non-payment...I'm sure the HR manager will do justice to the matter but for okada man, what reputation does an average OKada man value?
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by pepericozi: 4:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
You never collect guns from herdsmen. That is double standard o.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Organs(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
Nwodosis:
The landlord must be a crossbreed of Fulani herders!

The Igbo folks that went to a Church in Ozogbulu and shot and killed people on a Sunday morning are fulani Igbo or Igbo fulanis abi? Also, i hear Evans is Fulani. Stop the hate, we have criminal elements among all tribes.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Emeka71(m): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
Good move.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by cooooooks(m): 4:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
You don't pay rent after 3 days and your landlord will disturb you.

You don't pay for 1 week and your landlord will start to show your apartment to potential tenants.

aremuforlife:
I am not in support of the landlord for shooting at his tenant, but from the testimony of the tenant, he is a trouble maker who is not ready to his landlord. An okada park chairman in sango, "owo ojumo", the landlord has invested his money and he need money for his own needs. You can't try that in abroad 1year and more.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by otikpoko(m): 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
greggng:

Please where is your compound?

I want to become one of your tenants grin
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by greggng: 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
otikpoko:

Please where is your compound?

I want to become one of your tenants grin

Unfortunately , is just 3 bedroom bungalow ...I built it since 2010 and he has been the only tenant living their . Is at New okooba area of Lagos ....

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Sixfeetbelle: 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
Mutemenot:

See his mouth like he pleaded with the landlord. Which nonsense plea?

For the landlord to pull a gun on him means he's one of those tenants that will owe rent for 5 years and never have the decency to explain that to the landlord. They will sit in their house and be waiting for landlord to come and start pursuing them upandan
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by dahoney1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Chicastle:
An average black man believes the only way he can way out his grievance is by killing

Oga no be only Blackman believe. the whites kill more than us sf
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by alizma: 8:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
Mutemenot:
Just my thought, forget all that his pretentious speeches, he must have told that he will only leave that house when he chooses to. As okada chairman, he collect the daily dues yet he has refused to pay rent for 15 good months.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by millhouse: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
TUANKU:

Beer joints, newspaper stands and football viewing centers will record the most shootings.
I swear

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Dollanaira: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
I will not support the shooting and violence but I am currently in the same shoe Tennant fail to pay rent and am forced to make forceful eviction now by packing all their stuffs out . These tenants won’t know what it really means to spent millions on building which you can’t even recover amount spent in the next 25years not to talk of profiting from the building

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by 400billionman: 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2021
Mutemenot:

No mind them. Some go owe nepa bills for same 15minths.

Later when landlord loses his cool, they will run with their property and chop his rent.

An example of mental cases in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria / Doors, Cabinets, Wardrobe And Other Wood Works / Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.