Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos (43548 Views)

Port Harcourt Landlord Locks Out Electricity Company Over Rent / Rights Of A Tenant Over A Reviewed Rent In Lagos State. / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by 400billionman: 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
Dollanaira:
I will not support the shooting and violence but I am currently in the same shoe Tennant fail to pay rent and am forced to make forceful eviction now by packing all their stuffs out . These tenants won’t know what it really means to spent millions on building which you can’t even recover amount spent in the next 25years not to talk of profiting from the building

It's difficult to get good tenants in Nigeria.

Like 70% of tenants get Wahala.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by 400billionman: 9:16pm On Feb 10, 2021

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by 400billionman: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
bizme:
Some tenants are wicked fa! How can you owe a landlord rent of over 1 year?!

This is one reason I have never been interested in this kind of business, renting flats out to people. Many tenants are no better than leeches. Once the first rent paid expires, it is excuses that will follow.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by 400billionman: 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2021
McTobe:
Once my landlord asked me to park out for owing her just two months. Meanwhile I was paying yearly, I know Preety well that I can go to court because she cannot just give me one month notice to park meanwhile she is supposed to give me six months notice. I sought the advice of my Godfather, he advised me to look for money and parkout for her, when I protested about my right he asked me to think of building my house some day and my tenant taking me to court in my property and how I will feel about it, immediately I drew the lesson therein for me. Eventually I parked without any trouble. Some tenants are worst than parasite

I am not a good example but at least I never quarreled with any of my landlords for one day. That is not to say they never offended me. A person who doesn't recognize his superior is called a fool.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by sandysaint: 12:30am On Feb 11, 2021
OdogwuBlog:

Source: https://punchng.com/guns-recovered-as-landlord-shoots-okada-union-chair-over-rent/

The wife is hypertensive and receiving drip at home.

This is an embellishment though. Of course he won't know he's saying his wife is freezing so they're pouring ice water on her
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by bammydhele(m): 9:16am On Feb 11, 2021
I'm not in support of the Landlord shooting at him, but some tenants are too useless. They never plan to pay their rent, they will keep asking for more time. No tenant can try this shit in developed country...

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Dollanaira: 12:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
400billionman:

It's difficult to get good tenants in Nigeria.

Like 70% of tenants get Wahala.

Yes o I am even thinking of selling 2 of the houses after collecting 4years rent. The tenants will not understand until they build their house and put tenants they will now know why landlords are aggressive “

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Passionate1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
Dollanaira:

Yes o I am even thinking of selling 2 of the houses after collecting 4years rent. The tenants will not understand until they build their house and put tenants they will now know why landlords are aggressive “

Don't sell it now,I have my reasons. .
For the sake of sanity and well-being, get rid of your bad tenants. .there are still good tenants but hard to come by. .

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by gassbee: 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
McTobe:
Once my landlord asked me to park out for owing her just two months. Meanwhile I was paying yearly, I know Preety well that I can go to court because she cannot just give me one month notice to park meanwhile she is supposed to give me six months notice. I sought the advice of my Godfather, he advised me to look for money and parkout for her, when I protested about my right he asked me to think of building my house some day and my tenant taking me to court in my property and how I will feel about it, immediately I drew the lesson therein for me. Eventually I parked without any trouble. Some tenants are worst than parasite
u mean after your rent expires, the court should give u another 6 months quit notice
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by McTobe(m): 8:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
No, normally if she wish that I vacate her property she will give me six months notice since I pay her annually (I.e I pay her lump sum for 12 months) and not one month notice, but that does not work in Nigeria except some reasonable Landlords/Landladies.
gassbee:
u mean after your rent expires, the court should give u another 6 months quit notice
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by EgunMogaji2: 6:19am On Feb 15, 2021
Welrez:
I thought becoming a landlord was the way out of all troubles about rent until I managed my father's houses for a year. I resigned voluntarily and told him to hire a lawyer. I cannot come and kill myself.

I’ll rather have my units sit empty than to rent to just anybody.

Background checks to include previous rental history as well as employment verification all performed by lawyer. Additionally the lease terminates a month before the expiration of annual rent.

If all else fails it’s to start doing rituals in the compound.

The deadbeat tenant has no money to pay for over a year but he can become Inspector Clouseau picking up bullet shells angry

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by EgunMogaji2: 6:23am On Feb 15, 2021
Passionate1:

Don't sell it now,I have my reasons. .
For the sake of sanity and well-being, get rid of your bad tenants. .there are still good tenants but hard to come by. .

Please explain why he shouldn’t sell. Thanks.
Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by Passionate1(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Please explain why he shouldn’t sell. Thanks.

I don't know d reasons why he really wants to sell or why he acquired the properties in the first place.

Selling can be a costly decision; you may be selling off a lucrative asset that grows significantly in value. .( I almost made this mistake years ago)

The property may earn a good income and contribute to your pension in future.

Bottom line: Don't be in a rush to sell your property.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Shoots Tenant Over Rent In Lagos by EgunMogaji2: 11:14am On Feb 15, 2021
Passionate1:

I don't know d reasons why he wants to sell or why he acquired the properties in the first place.

Selling can be a costly decision; you may be selling off a lucrative asset that grows significantly in value. .( I almost made this mistake years ago)

The property may earn a good income and contribute to your pension in future.

Bottom line: Don't be in a rush to sell your property.

The reason I asked the question and even this your answer is as if you’re talking to me shocked

I’m currently in the throes of passion of selling my house for the sole reason being that my needs have changed from a visiting American to that of a Nigerian living in Nigeria.

99% of friends have counseled me not to sell due to this future value that you hinted at but I do not want to get into collecting houses and besides the property wasn’t built as a rental but as an extreme bungalow.

Thanks for your time and explanations. Very valuable.

Egun “Still Confused” Mogaji cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Tree Growing In Between A House In Benin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.