Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) (56771 Views)

LAUTECH Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (pics) / FUOYE Bans Students From Using Cars On Campus (pics) / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by LikeAking: 11:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
Commotfornigeri:

Their reason for banning is unavailability of parking space for lecturers because of the number of students who now own cars.

They most always come up with an excuse.

If you want to kill a dog, give it a bad name.

Rubish leaders with poverty mentality.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by SnakeDoctor011(m): 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
PatriotExact:

Intending to sound smart, you ended up sounding unwise. Just like saying, than banning students from having sex on the road, why not build a sex hall and be charging a fee from them. Or, on a battle field, instead of dealing with a deserter, every deserter should be fined, therefore creating revenues for the troops.

Must everything be about money?

On the battle field, the objective is victory
On the political arena, the objective is popularity
In the market, the objective is profit
So also in school, the objective is LEARNING.

They have the right to, and they are right to do ANYTHING that can help the students with learning. Even if it is to cut off what distracts them from learning.

Change your mentality bro
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ottyn01:
So myopic reasoning angry Instead of banning them from driving cars inside the school, the management should utilize the opportunity and build a car park, place security there and collect parking fee of #100 or #200 thereby creating revenue for the institution.
At first glance, it seems like a laudable idea. And I love it. But with 3-4 probing questions, it may not be a plausible option. How do I mean?

You could ask thd following questions:

1. What percent of the students drive cars on the campus? How's that expected to change in the short, medium and long term to justify the investment on car parking lots?

2. What's the primary reasons for banning the car from entrying gate? What's the priority of the school administration?

3. Are their even spaces for building parking lots inside the campus?

I think these and some other question could tell if your idea worth executing.

But, overall, you are a smart thinker. I must admit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Send a picture of yourself with your right hand raised up,then send your details..I go give you 40k...No pay back.

I'll appreciate if u can help sir.
I'm male btw..
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by bluefilm: 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2021
PatriotExact:
Intending to sound smart, you ended up sounding unwise. Just like saying, than banning students from having sex on the road, why not build a sex hall and be charging a fee from them. Or, on a battle field, instead of dealing with a deserter, every deserter should be fined, therefore creating revenues for the troops.

They have the right to, and they are right to do ANYTHING that can help the students with learning. Even if it is to cut off what distracts them from learning.

You don't get it, do you?

How can you be comparing two totally different things?

Where on earth have you seen students having sex on the road for you to even come up with that nonsensical analogy with the issue at hand?

Entrepreneurship is such a great and wonderful skill that only a few people truly possess.

That's explains why you are experiencing some turmoil over a very strategic and brilliant solution that came from the guy you are responding to.

Something tells me you're just one of those angry lecturers I was talking about earlier on...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Engr1(m): 11:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ottyn01:
So myopic reasoning angry Instead of banning them from driving cars inside the school, the management should utilize the opportunity and build a car park, place security there and collect parking fee of #100 or #200 thereby creating revenue for the institution.
Take high five.........u too make sense

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Ayo2004: 12:09am On Feb 11, 2021
PatriotExact:

[/b]They have the right to, and they are right to do ANYTHING that can help the students with learning. Even if it is to cut off what distracts them from learning[b]
So buying cars now stop them from learning that is backwards mentality,a large percentage of students in the best universities in the world(Oxford,Cambridge e.t.c) drive cars so using your mentality,since cars are limiting their learning,why do they churn out the best students?
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by SolarEdge: 12:09am On Feb 11, 2021
I'm speechless actually
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Radiopsych: 12:16am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:

Doing what you said might defeat the main goal which the management wants to achieve.
The management may not be interested in making that money at the expense of achieving the goal.

my worry is how they intend to enforce it
how will they know who is who because it's not secondary school where everybody appears in one uniform.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by ezicospot(m): 12:22am On Feb 11, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

How much do you think they are going to generate collecting N100 when it's just little percentage of the student population

100 cars at 200 naira daily would earn the school 20k Extra.. Multiply am by 30 days.. Also note that weekends would earn the school more money as the number of cars might double... AMEN!!
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:28am On Feb 11, 2021
Most of us saying the lecturers are being jealous, have we ever ask the source of income for these students? If tomorrow one of these students is arrested for fraud, you guys will still be first person to castigate.

1 Like

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Orlasunkanmy: 12:36am On Feb 11, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Most of us saying the lecturers are being jealous, have we ever ask the source of income for these students? If tomorrow one of these students is arrested for fraud, you guys will still be first person to castigate.

My man, everybody is into fraudulent activities one way or the other.. so forget am.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by cho25bc(f): 12:44am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:

This comment should be screenmunched and sent to the school management for implementation.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by IgboWarlord(m): 12:48am On Feb 11, 2021
miracood:

I'll appreciate if u can help sir.
I'm male btw..

Do what i asked and i will send the money...
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by tellwisdom: 1:01am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:

My brother, how many of them get car Na... if it be say na just two cars make them write thaT warning
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Oluwaleinad14(m): 1:12am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:

Imagine sey our leaders get sense like this, nah xoxo demolition and condemnation dem sabi
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by pacespot(m): 1:30am On Feb 11, 2021
What is the obsession with student cars by lecturers because you are a lecturer you think you should be more financially successful than your students, what a myopic view? This is another reason why your leaders want to harass youth by any means, seeing a youth being more successful gives them a high blood pressure
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Hisxlency01: 1:33am On Feb 11, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

How much do you think they are going to generate collecting N100 when it's just little percentage of the student population
it's better than nothing, more over there are alot of redundant security personnel in the school. So just clear an area and allocate a security personnel there.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by LOVEGINO(m): 1:48am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:
na old age dey worry dem.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by cococandy(f): 2:31am On Feb 11, 2021
Smh
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by KarlWest(m): 2:41am On Feb 11, 2021
Who do we offend self?

No real excuse... Car wey be say I bought with my own money?

Hmmm
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Stranger18: 3:30am On Feb 11, 2021
Jealousy would not allow them to think this far.
Ottyn01:
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Tannhauser(m): 3:33am On Feb 11, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

Seeing the comments on this thread just reaffirmed my assertion that the average Nigerian youth is beyond redemption.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 11, 2021
Na one presenter for Quest FM radio station for ughelli wey talk say students dey follow lecturers drag parking space for one University for delta state last week na em make dem ban students from driving cars into the school premises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by darediamond(m): 3:48am On Feb 11, 2021
This Weird!

***NEVER SAY NEVER TO CRYPTO TRADING REGARLESS OF F.G RESTRICTIONS***

LIBERATE YOURSELF LIKE I HAVE DONE TRADING WITH EASE DAILY AND MAKING MINIMUM OF 10% CONSISTENT PROFIT OF MY TRADING CAPITAL. AND WITHDRAW MY PROFIT TO ANY OF NIGERIA LOCAL BANKS STILL!!

NO.COMPLEXITIES OF ANY KIND ( NO TECH. AND FUN. ANALYSIS)

JUST PLUG AND PLAY!

TRAINING FEE: $20 OR #10,000

� +234 7 0 6 0 5 7 8 5 6 9
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Obason22(m): 3:57am On Feb 11, 2021
Auchi Poly should apply the same method too.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by IMASTEX: 3:57am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:
More wisdom to you. But the half baked academias won't listen because of perceived intimidation that was sponsored by a useless education system, not neglecting several bribes yet they can't measure up.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Nobody: 4:29am On Feb 11, 2021
I don't think it is only lecturers who are feeling oppressed, the female students are also feeling intimidated too as they have been left out of this biz. They are used as errand girls or as Bleep tools only.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Omobola121(f): 4:48am On Feb 11, 2021
providencia:

The only thing wrong here is loud music. You don't ban cars because of loud music you ban the music instead. All other things here is just jealousy

The management that gave the order know what is good for the school. It is not a one man decision. Is it the Students that always beat lecturers anyhow, slap securities; that you will tell to stop playing music?

The best thing is to stop them first from bringing in cars. Maybe later, they can now come up with other methods.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by naheem8307(m): 5:10am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:

Well Said, my brother... They are so myopic, instead of being innovative..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Method Of Cheating In An Exam Hall Discovered / JAMB 2016/2017 Change Of Course Begins: Read This Before Changing Your Course / Funny Events That Take Place In Night Classes In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.