Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) (56773 Views)

LAUTECH Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (pics) / FUOYE Bans Students From Using Cars On Campus (pics) / Unilag Student Survives Ritualist Attack On Campus ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:18am On Feb 11, 2021
Mandela27:
Sir which state in the east are u from
Unto say na Business Ideas Full the heads of people from the east?
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by LaReinaa(f): 9:33am On Feb 11, 2021
Security reasons or envy
Mad people everywhere
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by ghettochild4u(m): 9:38am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:
So myopic reasoning angry Instead of banning them from driving cars inside the school, the management should utilize the opportunity and build a car park, place security there and collect parking fee of #100 or #200 thereby creating revenue for the institution.
You get sense jor. And the university's senate is as stupid as the name of the school.
Which one b for security reason..
Senseless people at the helm of institutional affairs.
Yet am sure it one professor or group of professors that will decide that..
Foolish men
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Mandela27: 9:41am On Feb 11, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Unto say na Business Ideas Full the heads of people from the east?
I swear gan every matter wey rise business idea must enter their head
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 11, 2021
Ayo2004:

So buying cars now stop them from learning that is backwards mentality,a large percentage of students in the best universities in the world(Oxford,Cambridge e.t.c) drive cars so using your mentality,since cars are limiting their learning,why do they churn out the best students?

Have you been to those schools before? The last Associate Prof I knew there (not personally, but by research collaboration), only had a bicycle for commuting.

Most of their students use bicycles instead of cars as the later is too expensive to maintain as their system is more accountable and proportionately costly. So, where did you know about the "large percentage of students in the best universities in the world(Oxford,Cambridge e.t.c) drive cars" statement?

Well, you may be right, as you possibly are schooling in one of those best universities. But with my little collaborations, I know the opposite.

Also, in our society, we know that students would never drive cars for ease of commuting but the opportunity to show off. I strongly believe that it is not out of place if the best brains, who is their lecturers, and school management (of which many, if not most of them schooled in some of those your BEST schools abroad) could come together and ban the use of cars on campus. They know why. You don't.

1 Like

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 11, 2021
bluefilm:

You don't get it, do you?

How can you be comparing two totally different things?

Where on earth have you seen students having sex on the road for you to even come up with that nonsensical analogy with the issue at hand?

Entrepreneurship is such a great and wonderful skill that only a few people truly possess.

That's explains why you are experiencing some turmoil over a very strategic and brilliant solution that came from the guy you are responding to.

Something tells me you're just one of those angry lecturers I was talking about earlier on...

Well, you may not be too wrong.

But, before you judge someone's opinion by the level of your own thinking, you must be sure of reasons. And that's what I was calling the first commenters' attention to.

And more also, what if I had a degree from Cranfield, and another from the King's College London, and then I choose to take such decision after weighing the situation as regards the issue at hand, will you still call me stupid?

Now if you don't know that the reason why we are employed to teach is because we are more knowledgeable than most in the society, then you shouldn't be quick to condemn our decisions.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by lkillbrokehoes: 10:04am On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:
So myopic reasoning angry Instead of banning them from driving cars inside the school, the management should utilize the opportunity and build a car park, place security there and collect parking fee of #100 or #200 thereby creating revenue for the institution.
Common sense
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Roadsidetaylaw(m): 10:38am On Feb 11, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Send a picture of yourself with your right hand raised up,then send your details..I go give you 40k...No pay back.

Bros e be like say dat guy no need money mk i snap picture ?
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by DavidKajo94(m): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2021
But the notice said it's for security reasons. Nigerians don't even care to know the full story behind something before jumping to conclusion.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by DavidKajo94(m): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2021
I'm sure u didn't care to know the reason before jumping to conclusion
Ottyn01:
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by 9japride(m): 11:57am On Feb 11, 2021
It must be a joke
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Baselm: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
Of all the states I've been to, the state with the most prevalent cybercrime rate is Delta state. From Warri to Ughelli to Oghara to Sapele, the story remains the same. Yahoo boys everywhere with their Benz and Lexus SUVs and cars.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by IgboWarlord(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
Roadsidetaylaw:

Bros e be like say dat guy no need money mk i snap picture ?
Lol...e be like so too...
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Cashio(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:
this is the wisest thing I have read this whole year.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Ayo2004: 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
PatriotExact:

Have you been to those schools before? The last Associate Prof I knew there (not personally, but by research collaboration), only had a bicycle for commuting.

Most of their students use bicycles instead of cars as the later is too expensive to maintain as their system is more accountable and proportionately costly. So, where did you know about the "large percentage of students in the best universities in the world(Oxford,Cambridge e.t.c) drive cars" statement?

Well, you may be right, as you possibly are schooling in one of those best universities. But with my little collaborations, I know the opposite.

Also, in our society, we know that students would never drive cars for ease of commuting but the opportunity to show off. I strongly believe that it is not out of place if the best brains, who is their lecturers, and school management (of which many, if not most of them schooled in some of those your BEST schools abroad) could come together and ban the use of cars on campus. They know why. You don't.
Then your associate professor knows nothing...in advanced countries,most children at the age of 18 already have their own cars but here in Nigeria,we think an 18year old with car is usually unserious..that's backward mentality
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Positiveme2020: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Send a picture of yourself with your right hand raised up,then send your details..I go give you 40k...No pay back.

It's easy na , he or she can do it.
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Candycrushy(f): 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ottyn01:
How much is your groom price again
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by IgboWarlord(m): 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
Positiveme2020:

It's easy na , he or she can do it.
Then let him do it..I just want to confirm he is not a scammer.Besides his moniker says female,but he PM'd me that he is in fact male..Dont you think thats a red flag?
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Ottyn01(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
Candycrushy:

How much is your groom price again

I no understand grin
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by shoprite: 1:30am On Feb 12, 2021
Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus

In Nas Escobar's voice . . ."Now it's back to the caveman era, When we made fire, by two sticks rubbing together" grin grin grin
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Satan66(m): 7:56am On Feb 12, 2021
Omobola121:
The ban actually started this month and I would say it is a welcome development. You need to come and see how these students misbehave with cars during exam periods. This not a matter of students oppressing lecturers now but the way these students go about disturbing school environment with loud music, spraying money and all sort of crazy things.

I work in the school.
Backward thinking
Why not ban the music or suspend those who commit the act instead of banning the whole general public
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:07am On Feb 12, 2021
Ottyn01:

you're so brilliant... someone like u should be our next President

1 Like

Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:08am On Feb 12, 2021
Dpharisee:

I can tell the part of Nigeria you came from grin
He's an Igbo man... proudly
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Candycrushy(f): 7:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
Ottyn01:

I no understand grin
Let me coman pay and marry you embarassed
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Ottyn01(m): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
Candycrushy:

Let me coman pay and marry you embarassed

Oya nah grin
Re: Delta State Polytechnic Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (Photo) by Positiveme2020: 11:26pm On Feb 14, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Then let him do it..I just want to confirm he is not a scammer.Besides his moniker says female,but he PM'd me that he is in fact male..Dont you think thats a red flag?
Sure , its always scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria / New Method Of Cheating In An Exam Hall Discovered / JAMB 2016/2017 Change Of Course Begins: Read This Before Changing Your Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.