Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (81792 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by GeoNyke: 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
What of Mpko Dede? Abi dem wan open Beer Parlour? Guy man abeg go find another wife
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Tcwork: 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=MejiLoyon post=98955181]Marriage is for men not boys
That being said E no mean say make them butcher the guy na. A certain person I know was given a list longer than that. The guyman just called the father of the lady and they started adding and subtracting. Last last the list slim down. Even the parents of the girl sef go slim am. Unless them wan keep the lady for house till she turn Spider woman...because her punna go don get cobwebs.

That aside na so their list be and dem still dey promiscuous? One for my estate here na for general consumption. The husband dey China na so boys start to shine her China.[/quote

There is nothing special about marriage, even idiots get married.
But I agree with you the list doesn't make sense
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by walkingshadow911: 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
juman:
I believes it is joke list.

Just imagine a lady that already became "gutter" o.
Probably she was aristotle babe in university o.

They should marry her themselves.

no be joke o!
shit is real
qui serai serai
a colleague of mine just empty his life savings of over eight hundred thousand on his traditional marriage list too. same akwa ibom state girlie o. the girl mother insist no deduction o. Now the guy is working like an elephant but eating like an ant. but the girl na virgin sha according to my guy.grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by mozele(m): 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
Una wan use drink wound unasef??

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by pasol4real(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
Chai!!!for common akwaibom girl
Na waoo
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by elisho: 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
the man is not man enough u bargain for those things with ur kinsman let him go is not ready for marriage
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by walkingshadow911: 12:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mikecold:
All the family members would just be requesting for their fantasy instead of working for it.

There is no way a man would fulfil all these and would not feel like he bought the lady as an accessory

this is pure extortion out of greed under a confused cultural right
this the reason for many domestic violence btw newly married.
shit happens grin

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ImeAsian(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2021
The first list,No,10 And No,16 go make anybody run,Big Tower?where him want get that kind from and No,16.The Make him give them the country Holland?even Nigeria fit buy Holland?Na waooo

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by wisdomkid: 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
slowice:

These things aren't always known from the onset... What sort of talk is this?

Leave am. You just start dating, and within a month of not knowing the girl's character, neatness, cooking habit, spending habits, etc. You'll go around collecting list. People type without thinking.

Shows it's a kid or one with a kid's intellectual who did that.

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by King44(m): 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Nnam ikot akpan gban nyang!!

Is the girl’s family planning to open a supermarket? I am not understanding

na mall o. Maybe they don't want their union, this us outrageous
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Mode4: 1:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
pasol4real:
Chai!!!for common akwaibom girl
Na waoo

Are u mentally deranged??
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by West2019(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
I hope she is president daughter, Governor,minister if No oga go.and look for another wife . After giving all this list and you manage pay for it .when she come house if God didn't help she go the Bleep outside
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by joseph1832(m): 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
simply put, the girls parents and family members are opportunists.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by advanceDNA: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Girl that is not a virgin

U are wicked

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by davidque: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
It is either that they don't want their daughter to marry the guy or they are totally selling her off. If I pay all these amount for a wife, then after the wedding, I will have absolutely nothing to do with the family. Nonsense list

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by slowice(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
wisdomkid:

Leave am. You just start dating, and within a month of not knowing the girl's character, neatness, cooking habit, spending habits, etc. You'll go around collecting list. People type without thinking.

Shows it's a kid or one with a kid's intellectual who did that.

Haba, sometimes na girlfriend dey turn wife... And you don't just start dating a girl... It takes time to know yourselves abi he dey marry any girl he meet
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Michhy123(f): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
smoke9910:

Rubbish, I'll rather waste their time than let my money be wasted on a useless list. Which kind dumb tradition be dat?. Them dey find who to exploit.

I think family differs.. though I stand to be corrected...
Then sometimes if your parents are late, those wicked uncle's that contributed nothing to your life want to useless you
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by jimony30: 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
Akwa IBOM nsongon
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by EmekaA125(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
Abasman007:
Nawa o mmè òwo èse nie esit o.... Nsuto mkpo??
Pls it's not general in akwaibom o!!!
This is wickedness not to the man but to their daughter... Plus is their daughter a virgin?.. personally I'm not paying bride price for a girl that's not a virgin... The person that disvirgined you is the one meant to pay your bride price...
That means you no go marry na. Where you wan see virgin for Naija
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by cooooooks(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
Do you know how hard it is to get list requirements??

The girl sef won't know. Her family, if it is their first time, won't know how the list has changed from the last family marriage.

thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Boxer007(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nmezor:
smiley

hello are u free on saturday? smiley
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by cooooooks(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
It is usually the extended family chief that comes up with this list.

helinues:
Correct nigga.

I think some parents are just selfish with this ridiculous engagement list..

How are they going to survive after marriage? Does it mean they are selling their daughters?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by deltateam: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
No chance the things there will be less than 3 million naira.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by EmekaA125(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
This list dey learn work where Mbaise, Ngor-Okpala and Owerri dey. U never see anything. Feminists no dey talk for this kan outrageous list but dey want equality. Thunder fire you people there. Ndi ala
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by authority2006(m): 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
As a responsible man, if you love a woman thw wedding list wont deter you. From what i know, those things are paid for gradually and not at once, many at times over years. Lets stop demonising regions and their cultures. What will you say about the people who flog their potential suitors with koboko to test their mánhood and bravery ?

Lol. You are really funny I just want you to know that. Over the years!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Oluwaleinad14(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
They can find a better suitor for her or better still marry their daughter, wicledt selfish people.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by cooooooks(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Marriage list is not necessary. Simple court marriage and you're married.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Michhy123(f): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
From 1 to 9 is all about beer, kainkain, more beers, pamin, wine and more and more beers grin

Hope the bride in question is not a drunkard hersef??

No1 to 9 is all about drinks, ahaaa even me sef go jakpa grin grin

Awon idile omutin grin

May be the girl don go boast... But those things are arguinable
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by samwillyco1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Poverty is what I see
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by samwillyco1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
smoke9910:

Rubbish, I'll rather waste their time than let my money be wasted on a useless list. Which kind dumb tradition be dat?. Them dey find who to exploit.

grin grin grin
You may marry on credit
grin grin cheesy
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Fantazy(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
Abasi mi kikpayong!!!

Make them pity the man na. The worse part is that the girl may not even make a good wife sef, or she might have pass through different "blenders" and nothing will be left for the man to "blend" again.

Anyway, let me just mind my business

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

How The West Corrodes Our Morality / Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.