Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (81790 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by RayRay06677(m): 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
Thats why boys are not getting married but men are getting married. The girl should be happy she didn't marry over grown boy or immature dick carrying specimen.

There is always what is call MFANGHA, which means argue, on that date, you come around to contest the list maturedly and mid point is agreed. Nothing on that list is mandatory. If you can't manage common test then you wouldn't be able to navigate the world with your supposed incoming family when faced with situations you would be required to negotiate. On the list you put everything because it's traditional to argue the list so if I put an item, your inlaw has the right to still argue it to half. A list is also padded as it's a reflection of the family/girl in question. Like I said, at the MFANGHA that list will be so shrinked that it will get to less than half. Though I personally refuse to argue my list, I went there that day and ate all the entertainment stuffs and told them my wife is worth more than that and fixed a date and provided everything.
He was also at liberty to impregnate the girl, his grand children can still come pay off later in life.

He ran because he didn't love the girl but loved her pussy. QED

Marriage happens in AKS almost every day, we don't wait for weekends again as weekends are never free so his "ran" is inconsequential to the community but to his former love.
We move.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by jjxxx: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ctorch:
A Nigerian man who was getting set to marry his Akwa Ibom girlfriend, has reportedly abandoned the wedding plans prematurely, owing to the outrageous engagement list given to him by his girl’s family.

On the list were a variety of consumables and non consumables expected to be provided by the groom before their engagement which is meant to hold in the lady’s hometown in Akwa Ibom state.

A Twitter user who shared the story alongside photos of the list, said the man in question allegedly fled at the sight of the list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLazyCheff/status/1358763378953584640

Marry from West and south and have peace of mind.
Marrying from Cross River, Akwa ibom, and all parts of East, na u do urself be that.
My close friend that married from Uyo, wen the wife's mother died, my guy find tears, na blood come out. Na inlaw dey do burial for that side ooo. The money my friend spent in burying his own mother, is not up to half of wat he spent in burying his mother inlaw. Those people are living in the ADs

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Fantazy(m): 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
deltateam:
No chance the things there will be less than 3 million naira.

So in this hard economy, if an average man spend about three million on wedding plans alone. What do they survive with in the matrimonial home?

anyway, let me just keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by favinvest: 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
i pity the poor girl...

why are parents and extended family so wicked..

do u know how many fasting and prayers that the girl as gone through??

not talk abt the free sex she had given the dude, plus watching clothes, cooking.. even fight off rivals (which can be dirty & bloody)..

then after all these, it's her own people that decided to let her down all cos of greed..

Hope the guy hasn't gone the second girl in-line and forgotten her..

then the poor girl will have to repeat the cycle again with another guy.. search, fast, pray, free sex, domestic work, fighting rivals etc ..

and time is not on her side..

yet one of those family members will still come and ask ..WHEN U DEY MARRY.. WEN NEED GRAND PIKIN..

see evil being done to the girl child in Nigeria... embarassed embarassed embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by thorpido(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
cooooooks:
Do you know how hard it is to get list requirements??

The girl sef won't know. Her family, if it is their first time, won't know how the list has changed from the last family marriage.

It's an idea.
At least know most of the things that will be expected.You can know this by attending weddings of cousins,neighbours or friends Generally,one should have an inquisitive mind.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by OlawaleBammie: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
Michhy123:

May be the girl don go boast... But those things are arguinable

Well, i tink so, the girl most have boasted about her guy riches and pocket grin

But the guy sounds more like a yoruba guy
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by na2016: 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
xrayj:

How will posting it here cause problem for him??
So u people know the list is outrageous and do not want the public to see it??

Yes, I said he can cause a problem for himself, so if things were to be ironed out and you as a member of the family, come to Nairaland to find the list here, would you allow your sister to go ahead?

Read my message again, list for marriage is family dependent, some families would even tell you to take good care of thier daughter and wouldn't collect all those items. So from these, is it not clear that the OP is misinforming the public?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by lordprogress: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
hopexter:

She must be a virgin and a PHD holder before I go even consider marrying her undecided
lol PhD kill you dere grin grin them dey mad for me to spend like this she has to offer something more than pinna.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Owologbo(m): 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!
Wasted your time and the girl's time.

The list is outrageous though.

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
The guy should go and do court wedding if the girl agree with him.
I've heard something like before. And it also involves Akwaibom lady.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by egobright(m): 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
Apart from the unimaginable items on the list (s) I calculated a total sum of 502,800 to be paid in cash.
Meanwhile even if the guy is willing to go ahead, the stress of gathering all these items is enough yo send him to his grave.... Mind you the said girl may not even be a graduate... Or have nothing doing to support the man during the marriage and after...
And in most cases in Akwa-Ibom, if you are owing any item due to shortage of funds and agree to be on a later date, the people will later go diabolic to force you to pay, which may even go as far as causing the death of your expensively purchased wife.
Plus even when you manage to do all these, you are expected to solve virtually all their problems as their in-law.
Personally, if I'm talking marriage, Akwa-Ibom and Mbise in IMO State are out of consideration.

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by MadBrain(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
Wahala for who wan do marriage tongue
Just put the girl belle and watch the family beg you to come and do even small thing for her head..

Meanwhile OP gather you fact well.
Which part in Akwa Ibom could this happen?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Melkizedeck: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
bluefilm:
She must have a platinum pussy with another golden and silvery pussy as spare parts.

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Collins4u1:
Marry the baby, just let the family know you've settled them for life. They shouldn't expect any thing if they come visiting
I wouldn't even let them visit
Baby is all my now
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by UncleKoboko: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!
You're dating a girl and you plan to marry her and yet you have no idea what the marriage requirements are in the place you want to marry?You had to wait till you see list mbok?How naive!

MKPO NDO ETE
I dozen of underwear,half dozen of Bender pant So the papa no dey wear pants before? undecided
You get sense at all so?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by mechanics(m): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
They should marry their daughter themselves, they are not considerate.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by thorpido(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
Owologbo:

The guy should go and do court wedding if the girl agree with him.
I've heard something like before. And it also involves Akwaibom lady.
He will still 'owe' them and he will be required to pay it one way or the other.Sometimes,even the children will be required to pay it later.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Seun360(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
Na list like this make unmarried women yaapa for AKS
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by stormborn28(m): 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Marriage is for men not boys
That being said E no mean say make them butcher the guy na. A certain person I know was given a list longer than that. The guyman just called the father of the lady and they started adding and subtracting. Last last the list slim down. Even the parents of the girl sef go slim am. Unless them wan keep the lady for house till she turn Spider woman...because her punna go don get cobwebs.

That aside na so their list be and dem still dey promiscuous? One for my estate here na for general consumption. The husband dey China na so boys start to shine her China.
Okokobiokor
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by gozzlin: 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hrhqueenphil my sweet Ekaette, so na so your people dey prepare to hand long list to me?

I jump and pass.

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Munzy14(m): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Nnam ikot akpan gban nyang!!

Is the girl’s family planning to open a supermarket? I am not understanding

Hahahaha wahala be like marriage list...grin

Cc mariahangel I huru list a?

I thought they said IMO marriage rites are most expensive..grin

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lols
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by FahBuLous: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Abasi mbok!

MKPO NDO ETE
Eyeneka, adammi ankak mien o..
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by FahBuLous: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:
Eyeneka, adammi ankak mien o...
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by emonis88: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
psucc:
Even when cement was N4K people the buy. Who go marry go marry. List not withstanding.
guy forget o! many wan marry but if d list is outrageous many go run o! some dat even bring all dat is in d list go hate d wife later on if things turn south for d man. Go n do a survey , anywhere list for traditional marriage rites is much na so evening newspapers Dey full ground, some even run away with men just Dey born for d man. it all boils down to outrageous list.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by walkingshadow911: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
orisunmibare01:

Your in-law is a bandit
you are a sucker gringringrin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by emonis88: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
Munzy14:

Hahahaha wahala be like marriage list...grin

Cc mariahangel I huru list a?

I thought they said IMO marriage rites are most expensive..grin

forget o! owerri list Dey clear man pocket, na birds of the same feather with these ones.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Liposure: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
addictiv:
After spending money and paying for all these items, the man will still have to endure dissatisfaction, limited care n attention, little sometimes no intimacy for months / years, no peace, no respect, malice and quarrels etc. Marriage is truly one sided..
hmmm...all is well
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by stormborn28(m): 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
Beremx:

That aside na so their list be and dem still dey promiscuous? One for my estate here na for general consumption. The husband dey China na so boys start to shine her China.

Hmmmmm
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by optimusprime2(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
grin mkpo for every category... ado ndo suicide grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by mmsen: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
smoke9910:

Rubbish, I'll rather waste their time than let my money be wasted on a useless list. Which kind dumb tradition be dat?. Them dey find who to exploit.

You called it right. Dumb tradition.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by sparko1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
RayRay06677:
Thats why boys are not getting married but men are getting married. The girl should be happy she didn't marry over grown boy or immature dick carrying specimen.

There is always what is call MFANGHA, which means argue, on that date, you come around to contest the list maturedly and mid point is agreed. Nothing on that list is mandatory. If you can't manage common test then you wouldn't be able to navigate the world with your supposed incoming family when faced with situations you would be required to negotiate. On the list you put everything because it's traditional to argue the list so if I put an item, your inlaw has the right to still argue it to half. A list is also padded as it's a reflection of the family/girl in question. Like I said, at the MFANGHA that list will be so shrinked that it will get to less than half. Though I personally refuse to argue my list, I went there that day and ate all the entertainment stuffs and told them my wife is worth more than that and fixed a date and provided everything.
He was also at liberty to impregnate the girl, his grand children can still come pay off later in life.

He ran because he didn't love the girl but loved her pussy. QED

Marriage happens in AKS almost every day, we don't wait for weekends again as weekends are never free so his "ran" is inconsequential to the community but to his former love.
We move.

Your stupid point makes no sense, if that is not the real list, or if its is negotiable then, put the real thing and stop complicating the guys life, he should bring his family and argue a list until he can pay. How does it sound to you, the lady is a person, not a product you price and negotiate to obtain, bunch of idiots.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How The West Corrodes Our Morality / Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.