Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (81966 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by laluski(m): 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
Only fools don't know nothing.....too dumb to find things out.

I'll very much appreciate you explain what you mean by this statement so I'll understand what you're trying to say
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Shugafree(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
Joydan95:
Who told you that I am not a virgin shocked
Even after marriage? FEAR GOD naow!
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by daima: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sadly this isn't the case in akwa Ibom, your billing will increase if the girl gets pregnant before the marriage rite, he would be made to pay "insult money" for that singular act..
Badonasty:
Na the guy dey waste time...if he don give the girl belle this list go automatically disappear or at least reduce
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by sparko1(m): 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
RayRay06677:

WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS FROM?

Take your pills �, it will help your reasoning.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by thorpido(m): 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
laluski:

I'll very much appreciate you explain what you mean by this statement so I'll understand what you're trying to say
This statement below was you comment.
laluski:

Don't mind the fool grin
You quoted someone who had made a remark.

Don't be the fool here.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by laluski(m): 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:

Don't be the fool here.

Oh I see cheesy cheesy
Lemme tuck my kids in... I'll get back to you shortly
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by UncleKoboko: 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
You quoted like many reetards here.Just a press of a button is all you need....like a child tapping a button(the nitwit doesn't understand cheesy )
You made no contribution to the discuss. .....you got nothing to contribute though. . too dumb to come up with anything.
Lol!
Your level of doltness amazes me...
For your mind you can engage abi? Lol
The internet is really a funny place....
If not, how will a frustrated low life hag and shamless whorè be arguing with me?
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by thorpido(m): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Lol!
Your level of doltness amazes me...
For your mind you can engage abi? Lol
The internet is really a funny place....
If not, how will a frustrated low life hag and shamless whorè be arguing with me?
I just knew you had to be a mo.ron and you keep proving it.
How do you call a man a who.re?Even when it's so obvious I'm a man with the sign on my moniker?
Your foolishness is boundless.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by UncleKoboko: 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
thorpido:
I just knew you had to be a mo.ron and you keep proving it.
How do you call a man a who.re?Even when it's so obvious I'm a man with the sign on my moniker?
Your foolishness is boundless.
Lol
Every dólt with useless opinion is man behind the keyboard...
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by paix(m): 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Are there really virgins in Akwa-Ibom?
Maybe secondary virgins after using potash.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by paix(m): 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mikecold:
Someone wants to open drink shop on his head

Which one is 1 walking stick, why not wheelchair
Abi o. He would need crutches too.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 11, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Elioandrew: 12:11am On Feb 12, 2021
smoke9910:

Rubbish, I'll rather waste their time than let my money be wasted on a useless list. Which kind dumb tradition be dat?. Them dey find who to exploit.
it's not tradition. it's the family's way of telling you that they are really stupid and well stricken with poverty.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by david290(m): 12:56am On Feb 12, 2021
Perhaps there wouldn't have been much fuss had the bride price list of a thing was designed in a way as to establish their daughter in business or even contribute some kind of growth to their community. But no - all they're interested in are beers and underwear, yet some of their people who should know better, don't seem to see the problem with this kind of set up. And any reason why they should? After all it's their ladies who are usually caught in the crossfire.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by ComeToJesus: 12:57am On Feb 12, 2021
What many don't realise is that there's a next stage called the "Mfaña stage which simply means disagreement stage. Here, the prospective husband is given the latitude to haggle the propriety or otherwise of the items/quantities stated.

The suitor reserves the right to contest the list and call for a pruning of the overbloated list. I called for it and about 45% of the list was slashed.

However, this age-long and time-honored tradition needs to be reviewed in order to reflect the economic realities on ground.

With the way things are going, there's no marriage for 'broke' fellas.

5 Likes

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by olmoRoc: 2:59am On Feb 12, 2021
he did well
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by gozzlin: 4:33am On Feb 12, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Thank you jumping and running away, I am only for a capable man who loves me and can pay anything to take me away as his wife like Jacob that worked for 7 years for this heartrob grin

grin

Sweetheart, I'd rather choose the option of working for your daddy for 7 years to avoid that long list. That long list is damn scary.

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by izubext007: 7:16am On Feb 12, 2021
my friend don't be mad man by defending ur olosho state girls.....................
come and see the rubbish they doing here in Abuja............they stay with man who is thier husband, after they done with him they will move on to the next one.....and so on ........ my friend chinedu is co-habiting one here since the past two years......all he did , ( according to u people way ) is inform any of her relation about her staying with him......bros them no tell me nal weting I knw be dis........so many don turn single mother for here...... Togolese national dey Yash Dem any how.....u self nal u stupid pas , for pretending as if u don't knw ur useless state girls that u claim they have value.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by RayRay06677(m): 7:40am On Feb 12, 2021
sparko1:

Take your pills �, it will help your reasoning.

You have stolen your father's igho again, desist from taking igho, it's for your own good. Your father is taking it because he knows he is useless to the society, and we don't expect anything good from him at his age but you are still young, we can tap from your adolescent strength used in rape and other vices which you are known for.
Do your self a favor and discard that wrap in your hand now as you are reading this, Christ loves you
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by sparko1(m): 7:49am On Feb 12, 2021
RayRay06677:

You have stolen your father's igho again, desist from taking igho, it's for your own good. Your father is taking it because he knows he is useless to the society, and we don't expect anything good from him at his age but you are still young, we can tap from your adolescent strength used in rape and other vices which you are known for.
Do your self a favor and discard that wrap in your hand now as you are reading this, Christ loves you

Young man, if you accuse the dead of smoking, what does that say about you.

Refer to my previous post.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:52am On Feb 12, 2021
gozzlin:

grin

Sweetheart, I'd rather choose the option of working for your daddy for 7 years to avoid that long list. That long list is damn scary.
I reject that option, my people have bad mouth. They will start saying it's my dad that is supporting us angry
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by RayRay06677(m): 8:10am On Feb 12, 2021
sparko1:

Young man, if you accuse the dead of smoking, what does that say about you.

Refer to my previous post.

Eyaaah, it's cool, it's a new day, let's move. Thanks for your time
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Liposure: 8:30am On Feb 12, 2021
ITDarrell:
It's not a general stuff in Akwa Ibom State!!
My parents had given my sister out for marriage and the list wasn't outrageous. Besides my family had to contribute towards towards it.
Las las the guy was so happy!!
Now where de guy don hammer, him de pay homage in a grand style.
Marriage it not opportunity for extortion.

When I get home, I will share the list!!
lol...una for charge the guy
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Liposure: 8:43am On Feb 12, 2021
Serveyouright:
Sorry, marriage is for men not boys. If you're not up to the task, hide your face. The list is negotiable and with your budget, you can conveniently marry an Akw Ibom lady. We don't oppress anyone here. Just be original, don't claim who you're not.
akwaibom here i cum
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Liposure: 8:52am On Feb 12, 2021
Ayo2004:

For where?if I give her belle and refuse to pay,the family would still give her hand in marriage to avoid shame grin
onigbese
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Liposure: 8:57am On Feb 12, 2021
purpleicious:
Hmmmm
My own list wasn't long like this biko; I guess it's the girl's uncle's who wrote this.Maybe her parent(s) are late.
you are cheap oh.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by milann: 9:01am On Feb 12, 2021
mzTarsh:
During my marriage my parents didn't collect anything from my husband... Except bride price and I'm from Akwa Ibom... So this is not applicable to all Akwa ibomites
cheap goods
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by angelfallz(m): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2021
Wow

Happy married life.

mzTarsh:
During my marriage my parents didn't collect anything from my husband... Except bride price and I'm from Akwa Ibom... So this is not applicable to all Akwa ibomites

1 Like

Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by Kufs79(m): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2021
Usually after negotiations you can end up with 1/3 or even half of the items on the list chalked off and the money reduced to something reasonable. It's what it is. They start with something outrageous but in reality they're just hoping to get as much as they can from the suitor. Last last dem go chill collect wetin dey. In most cases I've heard of though.
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by laluski(m): 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
thorpido:

I be the fool here. grin grin (
cheesy wink
Re: Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away by gozzlin: 8:36pm On Feb 12, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
I reject that option, my people have bad mouth. They will start saying it's my dad that is supporting us angry

Uh oh.

But Honey, do we have to care about what the elders and uncles and aunts have to say? Your dad has the final say. I'm sure I can convince him to accept 7 years of my servitude in place of that monumental list. grin

But in the event that he refuses, then I'll try and negotiate with him to whittle down that scary list. smiley I bet he'll agree cos he knows how much I love and adore his daughter. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How The West Corrodes Our Morality / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.