Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity (41261 Views)

Ganduje: I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso If I Had Met Him In Aso Rock (Video) / Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance / Ganduje: I Will Be Active In Politics Beyond 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Doraty1(f): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has alleged that his Kaduna Counterpart, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, is either misunderstood or ill-informed on the insecurity affecting the north.

In an interview with BBC, El-Rufai had said the lack of synergy on how to tackle banditry is fuelling it.

But speaking on Radio France International on Thursday, Ganduje said he once spoke with El-Rufai and the Governor of Bauchi State on how to tackle insecurity.

He said he initiated the conversation based on the advice of security agents on how Falgore forest in Kano could be made safe for the benefits of other states.

Ganduje said Bauchi and Kaduna governments sent representatives to a meeting where insecurity was discussed and strategies adopted, wondering what prompted El-Rufai’s remark.

“First of all. the talk about lack of synergy, I don’t see where this statement is coming from. Security agents advised us that Kano, Kaduna and Bauchi should send representatives to Kano to discuss how to address issues in Falgoare forest and see how bandits are checked from using it.

“I spoke with Kaduna, Bauchi governors and they sent representatives and all the state mobilised resources and work was carried out therein and it was successful. I don’t see where lack of synergy sets in.

“To me, I think he (el-Rufai) doesn’t understand the issue very well. Because every security challenge depends on its peculiarity. No matter our cooperation, how we tackle insecurity differs… In Kaduna, there are ethnic and religious issues. This is Kaduna’s issue, every security challenge in each state depends on efforts of the state and security agents with its people.

“Like in Kano here, we have a harmonious working relationship with security agencies. We have state-of-the-art security gadgets. In Dansoshiya forest, we are building houses to accommodate Fulani herders in a bid to stop them from grazing in the southern part of the country.”

Ganduje also spoke of how the intrusion of foreign herders into the country is compounding the problem of insecurity.

“In Falgore forest, there is an ongoing project of a military training camp. In the project, there is a provision for areas where Fulani herders would be accommodated.

“We have enough places to accommodate Fulani herders in Dansoshiya and Falgore forests. To prevent them from grazing in the southern part of the country is the only panacea to the lingering crisis. There are three categories of Fulani. There are Fulani, there are herders and there are foreign Fulani herders who commit crimes.

“It is often forgotten that there are foreigners among Fulani herders. Nobody is talking about them. The moment a foreign Fulani herder invades Nigeria and commits a crime, he would be considered as Nigerian Fulani. Therefore, we need to ban them from entering Nigeria.

“Secondly, those herders travelling from the north to south should be banned. Those that are saying they should not be banned from trekking to the southern part of the country for grazing should use their children to do so.”

He said grazing is a national issue and there ought to be a bill from the National Assembly in order to solve the perennial farmer-herder conflict.

https://dailytrust.com/ganduje-i-think-el-rufai-doesnt-understand-the-issue-of-insecurity

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by inoki247: 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
You people are confused....

You people don say Bandits is the Northern Version of Niger Delta Militant...

if we ask say wetin dem dey fight for now them no go see anything talk at least we know Niger Delta na bkuz of Oil Buh Bandit we no know....

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Omihanifa: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
El-rufai is very correct. If northern governors are united, this issue of banditry would have been solved long time ago.

How can one explain a situation where by bandits are been pampered by some northern governors undecided while some are doing everything possible to flush them out undecided

What stops the northern governors from going offensive on these guys? The other day the kastina governor paid some groups of bandits 30million to secure the release of Kankara boys.

Even former governor Yari also paid bandits 500k for each AK47 surrendered undecided

All these actions will only encourage so many jobless youths to take to crime. The best solution is for the northern governors to read the riot act and create a law that will ensure that anybody caught kidnapping people, rustling cattle is killed. That will serve as a deterrence.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Gondonu: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
"...Ganduje also spoke of how the intrusion of foreign herders into the country is compounding the problem of insecurity...."

Meanwhile, "The Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore has warned security agencies and civilians against attacking Malian herders grazing their cattle in Gudu and Tangaza Local Government Areas of Sokoto State...."

https://punchng.com/nobody-should-attack-malian-herders-in-sokoto-miyetti-allah/?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Fahdiga(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2021
Until you northerners tell yourselves the truth, insecurities will still be ravaging the north

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Miner13: 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
they should stop foreign fulani from entering the country but you're building rail line to niger. is niger now a state in nigerian?silvernorgold

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by donbachi(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
Dont mind him..naso him no still understand the issue of dollar pocketing.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Miner13: 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
Until you northerners tell yourselves the truth, insecurities will still be ravaging the north
the middle belt is facing hell from this herdsmen.worst of it,is like both local and gov.security forces are afraid of them

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Fahdiga(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
Miner13:
the middle belt is facing hell from this herdsmen.worst of it,is like both local and gov.security forces are afraid of them
Until they receive sense and realize that they are slaves to the Fulanis. by the way is Paul Unongo who is northern elders forum chairman not from middle belt?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Yeyeboi05(m): 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
When I wake in Nigeria,I cry everyday

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Perfectsouth(m): 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
a thief is trying to tell a devil how to reason and do things..
Wetin Musa no go see for gate bayi?
Ok

7 Likes

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Thunder fire futajalon blood sucking terrorists

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by merits(m): 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
H
Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by datola: 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ganduje seems to be more informed.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Alexis11: 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
In conclusion, APC has scattered into pieces.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by jojofola: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
Two overgrown babies.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by smokeyupu(m): 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
True...
Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by GamalNasser: 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ganduje has so far proffered all the best solution for the Herdsmen banditry issue

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Uyi168: 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2021
These people don't know what they are joking with..

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by ForeThinker: 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2021
Whatever
Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Franchise21(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2021
OK
Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Gondonu: 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2021
Gandollar only understands dollar stuffing skills but El Rufai is insecurity himself because he paid bandits to stop killing people.So Gandollar is the one misunderstanding El Rufai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by GidiHausAgent(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2021
If the chief security officer of the state doesn't

That means there is a big problem

Meanwhile, Need accommodation in Lagos. (Yaba, Surulere Or Anywhere On the Island)

Wether Flats, Duplexes Or Shortlet. Contact +2347062223999

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by engrflames: 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
El-Rufai abi na Hell-Rufai is a security threat to the Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
wink
Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by Brendaniel: 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2021
All of you are the same...
Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by tutudesz: 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by naijadrivablog: 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2021
You mean, COWtoCRAZY
Re: Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity by achierosion(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
Whatever rocks their boat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Atiku Pictured Together Laughing And Playing / NYSC Presents Court With Documents To Prove Certificate Forgery By Peter Mbah / Tinubu's Loyalists Stage Solidarity Walk In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.