Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent (1078 Views)

Sex Without Condom, Without Pregnancy / Valentine: It Is Illegal To Celebrate Day Of Love In These 5 Countries / ''if You Remove The Condom Without Your Partner's Consent During Sex, It's Rape" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Rabbi4real: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
California Assembly Bill 453 would make stealthing a crime punishable by law if passed.

Stealthing refers to the act of removing a condom without your partner’s knowledge or consent.

While it is a known form of sexual assault, no existing state or federal laws prohibit stealthing.

A new bill could make California the first state in the US to make stealthing – removing a condom without a person’s consent – illegal.

If passed, AB 453 would categorize stealthing as a form of sexual battery and allow survivors to sue for emotional and physical damages.

The bill would amend the state definition of sexual battery to include a person “who causes contact between a penis, from which a condom has been removed, and the intimate part of another who did not verbally consent to the condom being removed.”

Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) told the Los Angeles Times that, while stealthing has been an existing problem, it has gone unrecognized legally because of its covert nature.

“It’s been going on for awhile. There’s blogs online that are helping individuals, teaching them how to get away with this,” Garcia told the Los Angeles Times. “We need to be able to call it what it is in order to be able to deter behavior.”

Stealthing has been a problem for years, but is only just being discussed in the mainstream

Stealthing has gotten more attention in recent years because of its increased visibility on popular shows like “I May Destroy You.” Written by Michaela Coel, the show was lauded for addressing less recognized instances of sexual assault like stealthing as what they are: assault.

However, stealthing has existed for years with little recognition as a growing problem.

A 2017 report published in the Columbia Journal of Gender and Law found stealthing is a trend in sexual assault that is on the rise, as more people report it has happened to them. A 2018 study by researchers at the Melbourne Sexual Health Centre found one in three women and one in five men who have s*x with men report being stealthed during s*x.

“Survivors [of stealthing] describe non-consensual condom removal as a threat to their bodily agency and as a dignitary harm,” Columbia report author Alexandra Brodsky told the Independent in 2017. “‘You have no right to make your own sexual decisions,’ they are told. ‘You are not worthy of my consideration.'”

https://livelystones.ng/2021/02/11/california-may-make-it-illegal-to-remove-a-condom-without-consent/

Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Dragons: 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ok
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Fahdiga(m): 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
Is it removing the condom during sex without your partner's knowledge or after the sex I don't get it
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by okk4sure: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2021
Oyinbo pple and their simple life!Here we are in Nigeria battling government on Lekki matters.
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Tedpgrass: 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
4yrs after German's case.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I guess better late than never.

Wonder what happens to reproductive coercion
....... and if there have been prominent and successful convictions.

Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by paulolee(m): 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
I dnt like using it n dts why i abstain till wen m ready..

1 Like

Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by yanabasee1(m): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2021
Stealthing is one of the reasons why people must go for DNA test as many cheating wives get to receive free paps and they will gladly dash it to their husbands for free....

You know that married women don't go for abortion....
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
Fahdiga:
Is it removing the condom during sex without your partner's knowledge or after the sex I don't get it
during sex

1 Like

Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by EkelediliBuhari: 10:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hmmm

Make I no talk first
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by tobechi74: 11:29pm On Feb 11, 2021
A woman can take used condom from a man dustbin and insert it in her self artificially, if she gets pregnant, man must pay for child support.

That is what women do to rich men is that not worse ?
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by JOACHINpedro: 6:42am On Feb 12, 2021
paulolee:
I dnt like using it n dts why i abstain till wen m ready..
My guy, it's like we're twins grin
Latex intercourse seems so artificial to me and to engage real sex with an unmerited person is turn off. I rather push my urge to something else(bboying) than wasting my strength in what won't last long
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Rabbi4real: 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
hmnnn
tobechi74:
A woman can take used condom from a man dustbin and insert it in her self artificially, if she gets pregnant, man must pay for child support.

That is what women do to rich men is that not worse ?
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
good riddancegrin
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Rabbi4real: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
grin grin
SmellySperm:
good riddancegrin
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by tonyson010(m): 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
Good.

It is as if having sex without protection.
Re: California May Make It Illegal To Remove A Condom Without Consent by Rabbi4real: 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2021
hmnnn
tonyson010:
Good.

It is as if having sex without protection.

(1) (Reply)

Do This If You Wanna Live Long In This Country. ( Pictures) / "Dear Aunty Spice, I Am Attracted To A Married Man In My Church!" / Coded Place For Runs Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.