Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine (2327 Views)

WhatsApp Is Back And Working Perfectly Now / Help I Just Bought A Brand New Samsung That I Cant Use / Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2021
Actually my phone didn't just fell inside the pool but was used by my friend to snap pictures inside the pool,thinking it was water resistance but unfortunately it wasn't,so I had to use "Help my Samsung phone fell inside a pool" to generate traffic.

The things I did to revived the phone

Kept the phone inside a bag of rice overnight,the following morning there was still water inside of it.(I kept it inside with the screen facing the bottom of the bag of rice,I think that was why there was still water inside).

I watched a video on YouTube how on to repair a water damaged Samsung j6+,and I did exactly what I saw on the video,by cleaning the phone's panel with alcohol (but I soaked mine for 1 minute and brush it gently with a toothbrush(because it was corroded already),and kept everything inside our ceiling because we don't have a microwave oven.

The next day I assembled everything and power it ON and it refused to power ON,then I decided to charge with my powerbank and it came ON and everything is working perfectly fine(THOUGH THERE'S STILL SOME WATER MARKS ON THE LCD DISPLAY,BUT I THINK IT WILL DRY UP WITH TIME,BECAUSE SAME WATER MARKS WAS ON MY NOKIA 205 THEN WHEN I WET BY THE RAIN AND IT DRIED UP)

link to my previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6404187/samsung-phone-fell-inside-pool

Note: the phone is what I used in opening this thread,and pardon my typos

Thank you lalasticlala,for helping me push my previous thread to FP I'm grateful.

2 Likes

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 7:10am On Feb 12, 2021
Cc HRHQueenphil,lexusgs430
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by RRodwave(m): 7:42am On Feb 12, 2021
Oga u get luck you for dey post "how much is Amoled Screen"

11 Likes

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Shedrack777: 7:44am On Feb 12, 2021
now pay your thanksgiving package to me immediately
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by spinna: 7:47am On Feb 12, 2021
Congraatulobia.. No be even one thick waist ur friend wan snap..imagine

2 Likes

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Lexusgs430: 8:17am On Feb 12, 2021
officialfestus:
Cc HRHQueenphil,lexusgs430

That phone is cat...... You have used up eight lives......... wink
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 8:42am On Feb 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

That phone is cat...... You have used up eight lives......... wink
Good morning sir,I think I've used 2/9 grin
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 12, 2021
Imagine say na tecno, infinix, or itel.....na to type RIP o

God save us from Transsion

11 Likes

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by seanwilliam(m): 9:30am On Feb 12, 2021
100trillion:

most phones will survive if you put it inside rice almost immediately or expose it to minimal heat

1 Like

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by constance500: 9:42am On Feb 12, 2021
officialfestus:
Actually my phone didn't just fell inside the pool but was used by my friend to snap pictures inside the pool,thinking it was water resistance but unfortunately it wasn't,so I had to use "Help my Samsung phone fell inside a pool" to generate traffic.

The things I did to revived the phone

Kept the phone inside a bag of rice overnight,the following morning there was still water inside of it.(I kept it inside with the screen facing the bottom of the bag of rice,I think that was why there was still water inside).

I watched a video on YouTube how on to repair a water damaged Samsung j6+,and I did exactly what I saw on the video,by cleaning the phone's panel with alcohol (but I soaked mine for 1 minute and brush it gently with a toothbrush(because it was corroded already),and kept everything inside our ceiling because we don't have a microwave oven.

The next day I assembled everything and power it ON and it refused to power ON,then I decided to charge with my powerbank and it came ON and everything is working perfectly fine(THOUGH THERE'S STILL SOME WATER MARKS ON THE LCD DISPLAY,BUT I THINK IT WILL DRY UP WITH TIME,BECAUSE SAME WATER MARKS WAS ON MY NOKIA 205 THEN WHEN I WET BY THE RAIN AND IT DRIED UP)

link to my previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6404187/samsung-phone-fell-inside-pool

Note: the phone is what I used in opening this thread,and pardon my typos

Thank you lalasticlala,for helping me push my previous thread to FP I'm grateful.

Bro I'm an engineer and I can tell you all is not well with that phone.. Might work for months but it will end up in an engineer's shop soon

3 Likes

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by sunshineV(f): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2021
100trillion:

Him go dey carlcare dey shed tears with passion

1 Like

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by hassana45502: 10:22am On Feb 12, 2021
Note: the phone is what I used in opening this thread,and pardon my typos Thank you ,for helping me push my previous thread to FP I'm grateful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 12, 2021
sunshineV:
Him go dey carlcare dey shed tears with passion
grin
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Adewale1603(m): 10:41am On Feb 12, 2021
that phone can never be the same again. only time will tell, before the water internally corrode the remaining part of board.

2 Likes

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by edoairways: 10:49am On Feb 12, 2021
100trillion:

It depends on how you handle them
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 12, 2021
edoairways:

It depends on how you handle them

"Depends" undecided

say that without smiling cheesy
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by TeemahBeddings: 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
Congrats
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
constance500:

Bro I'm an engineer and I can tell you all is not well with that phone.. Might work for months but it will end up in an engineer's shop soon
guy go sit down,na lie you talk.
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
Adewale1603:
that phone can never be the same again. only time will tell, before the water internally corrode the remaining part of board.
my Nokia 205 for don corrode na,rain water and all sort of water don enter that phone tire abi na my fero a5001 abeg forget oh,that una info don wan.
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by DesChyko: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
Gobe.. Why would he use the phone underwater oo??

My S3 once fell into a bucket of water I was carrying. Brought it out, then used a candle in a corner to heat it until the candle went off. But when I turned it on, it kept rebooting.

Then I bought methylated spirit the next day, dissected the phone and wiped it down generously. Thankfully, the sun the next day was hoooot. Left it in the sun for half the day (was even burning hot when I brought it in).

Put it together, turned it on, and kept using it until I gave it out when I got another phone. Solid product, that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
DesChyko:
Gobe.. Why would he use the phone underwater oo??

My S3 once fell into a bucket of water I was carrying. Brought it out, then used a candle in a corner to heat it until the candle went off. But when I turned it on, it kept rebooting.

Then I bought methylated spirit the next day, dissected the phone and wiped it down generously. Thankfully, the sun the next day was hoooot. Left it in the sun for half the day (was even burning hot when I brought it in).

Put it together, turned it on, and kept using it until I gave it out when I got another phone. Solid product, that.
Samsung phones strong oh

2 Likes

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Telegram234(m): 8:19pm On Feb 12, 2021
officialfestus:
Samsung phones strong oh
But the battery
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by CyberEBOLA(m): 12:35am On Feb 13, 2021
Telegram234:

But the battery
I guess you have not heard about samsung m51
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 4:18am On Feb 13, 2021
Telegram234:

But the battery
strong also
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by femi4: 7:11am On Feb 13, 2021
The phone has been reduced to it's half life
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by Olamilekxy(m): 7:15am On Feb 13, 2021
constance500:

You joking bro??

My formal phone (Samsung s5 fell inside flood and stayed up to 4 minutes before I founded it , I just remove the battery and dry it with bulb and it working perfectly till the day the screen break and I had to get another phone)

Do you know how many times my s5 fell inside water closet or how heavy rain beat me with my phone on me and still working perfectly?
I used s5 for over three years.

Samsung strong

1 Like

Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 6:40am On Feb 14, 2021
Olamilekxy:

You joking bro??

My formal phone (Samsung s5 fell inside flood and stayed up to 4 minutes before I founded it , I just remove the battery and dry it with bulb and it working perfectly till the day the screen break and I had to get another phone)

Do you know how many times my s5 fell inside water closet or how heavy rain beat me with my phone on me and still working perfectly?
I used s5 for over three years.

Samsung strong
very strong
Re: My Said Samsung That Fell Into A Pool Is Working Perfectly Fine by officialfestus(m): 9:44am On Jan 13, 2023
constance500:

still working.

(1) (Reply)

5 Bad Habits That Damages Your Device Battery Life / 28 Internet Acronyms Every Parent Should Know / 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.