Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder (2218 Views)

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp / Wife Kills Husband In Ondo For Receiving Phone Call From Mistress / How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Fixey: 2:50am On Feb 14, 2021
Uniquisite:
Can cell phone cause cylinder gas explosion? How?

Any faulty electrical device emits erratic waves and can trigger an explosion don't let anyone tell you otherwise
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Fixey: 2:51am On Feb 14, 2021
Oizee:
don't be too disappointed, I was never a science student, but.... mistakes of others is enough for me to learn, I must not experiment mine and make my own discovery.... it's too risky

You are wise. Nice ideology
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Yuceeluv(f): 2:54am On Feb 14, 2021
Awwn! Believe what you must, dear. And allow me believe mine. Is it your gullible?

LagosInter:

Who said that making calls while using gas will cause explosion? As if it's a fact?

What's the likelihood? Nobody even thought about it this way.

Can any of you show me a peer reviewed scientific literature supporting that? Not just junk from a useless illiterate dumb blogger?

Everybody that commented on this thread disappointed me.

Nigerians are too gullible and naive.

One even said he should remove cylinder outside as if balconies are designed against the kitchen or that everyone lives downstairs.

Gosh!

Yuceeluv

Uniquisite liposure aroundtheearth eyinjuege veave oizee drmikeadams Haider55338 farous fixey

Lalusky bola146 bawal mindlog reatord43 kriss216
Dollytino4real

Gofront mariahangel sijo01 dobnina
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Bluffly: 3:03am On Feb 14, 2021
farous:
I have severally educate my Househelp on the dangers of making or answering phone calls in the kitchen when cooking using Gas cylinder and that she should never try it but desist from it to avoid explosion.

Unfortunately she seems to pay deaf ear over it as this morning I saw her answering calls right inside the kitchen while cooking using the Gas cylinder and I was so upset that if I had not hold myself and control my anger I would have used an object and beat her mercilessly.This is a family with children and I don't want to give devil chances.She is so stubborn that most times (not only this Gas matter) telling her not to do something is like pouring water on the stone and such attitude upsets me.

Please what should I do?.
Send her packing and get another
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Karleb(m): 4:00am On Feb 14, 2021
Fixey:

You claim to be wise but you're not very wise not a single bit

I intended hiding that matter from the Op. And perhaps the OP knows. Use phone to make calls around Gas cookers doesn't cause explosion generically. However when permitted a day would come when the same person using a healthy phone would bring in an unhealthy phone with issues that can trigger a spark and then cause explosion. So when they say don't use phone around gas plants etc, it's not because all phones could trigger explosion in the event of a leak, but against the scenario where a faulty device with an electrical issue is used around the Gas plant. So to avoid it altogether is the reason it's said straight and clear don't use phones around gas.

SO before you go ahead charging next time like a fool, be slow to think or see things from a myriad of perspectives

Enjoy your day

How?
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Karleb(m): 4:02am On Feb 14, 2021
Fixey:

Any faulty electrical device emits erratic waves and can trigger an explosion don't let anyone tell you otherwise

In that case the likelihood is pretty unlikely.

You can't be too careful though but this religious adherence to such unlikely occurrence seems somehow to me.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Fixey: 7:59am On Feb 14, 2021
Karleb:

In that case the likelihood is pretty unlikely.

You can't be too careful though but this religious adherence to such unlikely occurrence seems somehow to me.

That's the point. Risk management in occupational or environmental situationships are highly unlikely especially in this scenario but you have to keep shouting because there's always a day of recklessness

My dad during my childhood days always screamed at us 365 days a year because of gas. At the end be had it removed because it stole our peace. It's always a " nothing dey happen attitude " that leads to most gas explosions
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Juliearth(f): 9:40am On Feb 14, 2021
farous:
I have severally educate my Househelp on the dangers of making or answering phone calls in the kitchen when cooking using Gas cylinder and that she should never try it but desist from it to avoid explosion.

Unfortunately she seems to pay deaf ear over it as this morning I saw her answering calls right inside the kitchen while cooking using the Gas cylinder and I was so upset that if I had not hold myself and control my anger I would have used an object and beat her mercilessly.This is a family with children and I don't want to give devil chances.She is so stubborn that most times (not only this Gas matter) telling her not to do something is like pouring water on the stone and such attitude upsets me.

What should you do? You are putting the lives of your family members and yours as well at risk over a help's uncanny stubbornness. She is your employee and she owes you her service and total obedience. If she cannot stick to instructions, let her go!

As an extra safety measure, please move the cylinder outside and get a good hose to link it up to your kitchen. From time to time, ensure that you inspect the cylinder and hose for possible signs of wear and tear.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Juliearth(f): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2021
Mindlog:

Seize the phone for a while and if after you give it back to her, she continues with that behaviour then you have to terminate her service. While recruiting a househelp, do document what you don't want done in your house so the person and her guarantor would read it and sign against. it before commencement of work.

I wonder why he has to seize the phone for her to conform to op's instructions. If she can be stubborn about an order as simple as this, then she may be non-challant about so many other things.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Juliearth(f): 9:44am On Feb 14, 2021
Realtord43:
If you value your life and family, sack her and employ another one with laid down rules.

Dont risk your life and that of your family for who disrespect you.

Case closed!!!! A paid employee has no business being stubborn.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by frozen70(f): 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2021
farous:

Send her packing or wait for disaster to occur
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by yvesboss(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2021
Bola146:
Take her as your own kid in correction, keep telling her. I too always make that mistake once in a while

The problem with this is she might not see herself as her kid hence the stubbornness like worst case scenario I will run away
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by yvesboss(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2021
I will say look for other alternatives and let her go please for the sake of the family
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Angelacruz: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2021
house help are naturally stubborn... I don't like them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Loss Of Friends After Baby Is Born / My Marriage In Trouble / Black And White Twins Celebrate 4th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.