Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp (28911 Views)

My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by janejjjjj5000: 12:18pm On Jan 10
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

I trust my husband but my mum's words have been playing in my head.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Westerhoffe(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10
Be fair enough to let her go, not because of your mum's words but for her future.
She's 34 years old, she also has needs and desires and has declared she wants a family… so just let her go.

tonicyril:
Don't talk like she's the one tying her down...

Why do people reason this way??

You're the one reasoning negatively because you did not read my comment to understand, but rather to reply.

Nobody said the OP is the one tying her down. But she comes to the OP's house to work everyday, that even the OP's mother had advised her to let her go. Or is it until the OP comes to post shocking stories before you tell her why hasn't she let her go since?

The said woman declared she wants to have a family, I've heard and read and seen similar stories that end up in tears because the right steps were not taken on time.

This is not about labeling the lady a husband snatcher, no, I'll never call her that, but you don't trust people too much till they come into your relationship, and even replace you.

So @OP, if you value your relationship, let that lady go.

You don't have to ill treat her; don't try that. Just pay her, tip her, thank her, and tell her you'd no longer be needing her services.

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by lilvicky68(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10
Are you scared she has the qualities of a good wife?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by EreluRoz: 12:26pm On Jan 10
Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by janejjjjj5000: 12:32pm On Jan 10
She comes from home and works just Mondays to Thursdays. She does not live with us.

Westerhoffe:
Be fair enough to let her go, not because of your mum's words but for her future.
She's 34 years old, she also has needs and desires and has declared she wants a family… so just let her go.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by janejjjjj5000: 12:34pm On Jan 10
Not at all. He is not the type but my mum's words have been playing in my mind.

quote author=EreluRoz post=127872464]Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection [/quote]
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by EreluRoz: 12:39pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
Not at all. He is not the type but my mum's words have been playing in my mind.

quote author=EreluRoz post=127872464]Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection
You should let her go to find her own man and get a life she desires and not about some snatching shit. No person can be snatched without their knowledge and full participation.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Beremx(f): 1:11pm On Jan 10
Your husband is not the type. I hear you o!
Listen to your mother and allow her go. Period!!

41 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Nicepoker(m): 1:29pm On Jan 10
Give her the chance to support you. Don't send her away.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Necrophagia: 1:36pm On Jan 10
Leave your husband at home alone with your house help

18 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Rickmann: 1:44pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
I hired a househelp in October. She is 34 years old. She tells me she wants to get married and that she is not getting any younger.

My mum is around now on a visit and when she heard her saying it, my mum told me to send her away so she will not snatch my husband.

My mum said that people like that when they get too desperate can come up with all kinds of ideas.

Thank you.

Your mum is not wrong actually.
You never know what might happen.

13 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by bukatyne(f): 1:55pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:
She comes from home and works just Mondays to Thursdays. She does not live with us.

Does she see it as a regular job ( I go to my place of work which happens to be Mrs. Jane's residence and I do my job which happens to be cleaning/ housekeeping) or she sees herself as a househelp ( I am Madam Jane's slave/househelp)?

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by IVORY2009(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10
Beremx:
Your husband is not the type. I hear you o!
Listen to your mother and allow her go. Period!!

She knows her husband better than you do cheesy

8 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Freelancerr(m): 2:53pm On Jan 10
Ok
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Frigga13: 3:16pm On Jan 10
No worries.. if na 24/29... you for the worry.. 34? Your husband no go look that side at all.. except say konjii too play..34 Na big problem... to am. Na like second wife.. and he no go wan lose his peace.

Send her out to marry.. no be cause of the husband..

For her sake

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Wallade(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.

Disengage her and please pay her one month additional wage.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by WhisperedNoise: 3:39pm On Jan 10
Nobody can snatch anybody. Your husband isn't a piece of bag, or a purse, that thieves can snatch. He has to decide to follow another woman.

11 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by ezugegere(m): 3:41pm On Jan 10
Those of you telling Jane to sack her, if you lose your job for no just reason this year, I hope you won't feel bad about it? What you wish for others may come back to you

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by santaclaws: 4:10pm On Jan 10
This is another reason to not talk about your personal life at your workplace. It's not only when you're abroad, even here in Nigeria, people can weaponize your statement against you.

Imagine if the lady never spoke about her wanting to get married... She'd have been the perfect maid and all would've been going on smoothly.

This life sha... 🤐

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by inoki247: 4:11pm On Jan 10
Lol union with a lot of Special Advicers....

If you like let her go if you like don't let her go if she get intention of snatching your husband the advice of ur mum won't stop it....

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by sofeo(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10
Alright
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by ATEAMS: 4:11pm On Jan 10
Lol

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:11pm On Jan 10
Even if your mum doesn't ask you to let her go, you should know it is only right for you to let her go.

Why will you want someone to continue to serve you at the expense of her her happiness and goals?

Please tell her to give you some time to find a replacement.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by MrProlific95: 4:12pm On Jan 10
Nothing is impossible, Nigerians have a dark mind, it has made it difficult to trust people.

You may wish to let her go, but that wouldn't stop her from snatching your husband if she earlier wanted to.

I think She shouldn't loose her Job
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Godwin4444: 4:13pm On Jan 10
janejjjjj5000:

Thank you.
see mumu

U think say na lie we dey watch for movies, u go soon get sense when she go village for u n your husband

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by atiku4President(m): 4:14pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:
Is your husband that cheap? Only cheap men sleep with their house help who is answereth to them and supposed to be under their protection
Don't dwell on that hypothetical thesis. Avoid the least of all probabilities

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by IMASTEX: 4:14pm On Jan 10
Reading
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by DabuIIIT: 4:14pm On Jan 10
Westerhoffe:
my God!! Woman please be wise,nah..how can you have a house help of 34 and a lady?!

Try and pay her double and release her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Chykes403: 4:14pm On Jan 10
If your house help is not fine, does not have shape, does not have big back side and does not have nice shaped oranges at the front, then you have nothing to worry about grin

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by emapeteum(m): 4:14pm On Jan 10
EreluRoz:
hmmm. you degraded house-help as if they are not human and
the majority of Nigerians are house-help abroad.

19 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by pretydiva(f): 4:15pm On Jan 10
Follow your instincts

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp by Oyindamolah: 4:15pm On Jan 10
angry
I don't want to see another thread saying my house help snatched my hubby

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / Give Us Our Real Babies, Mothers Tell Enugu Govt (photo) / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.