Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Black And White Twins Celebrate 4th Birthday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Black And White Twins Celebrate 4th Birthday (2219 Views)

Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / Black And White Twins / Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black And White Twins Celebrate 4th Birthday by AloyEmeka8: 12:23am On Jul 27, 2010
[size=14pt]Black and white twins celebrate 4th birthday * Their mom is of English-Nigerian heritage[/size]

Monday, July 26, 2010

THEY look like friends who met at nursery school but Kaydon and Layton Richardson are in fact twin brothers with different-coloured skin.

Black aand white twins, Kaydon, (left), and Layton Richardson, recently celebrated their fourth birthday. Photo: North News & Pictures Ltd

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jul/26/tribune/images/baw[1].jpg[/img]

The twins' mother, 32-year-old Kerry, is of English-Nigerian heritage.

The boys celebrated their fourth birthday in the same week Nigerian couple, Ben and Angela Ihegboro, revealed their white daughter Nmachi to the world.

The genetic quirks make the children "two-in-a-million" rarities that have fascinated doctors.

After hearing of the Ihegboro family's incredible baby news, Kaydon and Layton's mother, Kerry, said skin colour had been on her mind when giving birth to daughter Tiyannah recently.

"I thought it was crazy. As much as it happened to me, the twins' dad is white, so for it to happen to a black couple seems even stranger," she said.

"When I was carrying Tiyannah I was wondering what colour she was going to be.

"Before the twins I would have expected that any child of mine would have my colour in them.

"But after Layton I wasn't sure what she was going to look like.

"When she was born she looked as though she was going to go dark but at about two weeks old it was clear she was white.

"I was a little surprised as I thought Layton was a one-off.

"Doctors can tell you what sex your baby is going to be but they can't tell you what colour!'

Kerry also fears the twins will stand out when they start primary school in September.

She said: "It's never been an issue up to now but I know that Layton notices the difference in their colour.

"I've tried to explain it to them in the past but last year we were in an airport in America when Layton shouted, "Mum, am I white like my dad and Kaydon's black like you?".

'That was the first time he had said that but everyone thought it was very funny.

"I hope it's not going to be a problem when they start school but kids can be cruel."

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jul/26/605.html
Re: Black And White Twins Celebrate 4th Birthday by AloyEmeka8: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2010
She said: "It's never been an issue up to now but I know that Layton notices the difference in their colour.

"I've tried to explain it to them in the past but last year we were in an airport in America when Layton shouted, "Mum, am I white like my dad and Kaydon's black like you?".

Eeyaah.
Re: Black And White Twins Celebrate 4th Birthday by Bestglo(f): 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2010
lovely boys

(1) (Reply)

Rules Of Survival In Lagos / hello? / What's With Africans And Nairalanders And Gory Photos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.