Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security (64280 Views)

#endsars: Heavy Security At Aso Rock Gate As Thugs Besiege Eagle Square / Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing / How APC Is On Its Way To Losing Osun Despite Heavy Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security by Coinbased: 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Oshe
Re: ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
paulemmy19:
it's not too much or small.
But like the other time, this is where the problem comes in, soon the whole thing will degenerate to everyone pressing home their own demands.
Last time it happened, police didn't confront anyone, we saw the level of damage on public and private individuals and the economy in general.
We cannot guarantee how this one may be hijacked like the other one, I think the protest should be thought of again.
So because the last one was 'hijacked', Nigerians should never protest for what they think is right, abi. I can tell you point blank that the last protest wasn't hijacked. It only escalated to chaos due to anger towards the lekki shootings
Re: ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2021
QuitNotice:
So because the last one was 'hijacked', Nigerians should never protest for what they think is right, abi. I can tell you point blank that the last protest wasn't hijacked. It only escalated to chaos due to anger towards the lekki shootings
did you participate in the last protest? If it wasn't hijacked, then the protesters are the ones who destroyed and stole properties.
Did you join today's protest? If no, don't encourage other people into loosing their lives. If yes, love your life.
Re: ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 14, 2021
paulemmy19:
did you participate in the last protest? If it wasn't hijacked, then the protesters are the ones who destroyed and stole properties.
Did you join today's protest? If no, don't encourage other people into loosing their lives. If yes, love your life.
No I didn't, but protesters never stole anything; thieves only took advantage of the situation, and that doesn't spell 'hijack', no. I mustn't; and by supporting them from where I presently am, I don't think I'm encouraging anyone to go and loose their lives. I don't hate my life; I only love my future more.

But you, tell me what you stand for...
Re: ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2021
QuitNotice:
No I didn't, but protesters never stole anything; thieves only took advantage of the situation, and that doesn't spell 'hijack', no. I mustn't; and by supporting them from where I presently am, I don't think I'm encouraging anyone to go and loose their lives. I don't hate my life; I only love my future more.

But you, tell me what you stand for...
it's painful when you are treated unjust. My point is that it's risky to come out and protest at this time. Life first.
Re: ‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
paulemmy19:
it's painful when you are treated unjust. My point is that it's risky to come out and protest at this time. Life first.
Oga you are still on chapter one. Only quote people when you understand what's going on. Our lives have been all about your 'advise' from the onset, and you encourage it remains the same when nothing has changed? Even when it is now affecting our children (it has now gone beyond us; our children are now feeling it, and are, with their small sense, trying to navigate it)?
Whether I participated or not, like you enquired, we've got no other choice. Just be thankful that you have people to speak for you, yakare

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) / EndSARS: Protesters Storm Abeokuta With Charms (Photos) / This Nigerian Soldier Died Giving His Life For His Comrades .photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.