Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (160725 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by 3exe3: 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hello everyone what ID card did you use for your Upwork verification.

I have NIN the slip .
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
3exe3:

I have NIN the slip .
They accepted my NIN then
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
3exe3:

I have NIN the slip .

You can use that. I used passport, but one of my students used NIN slip. Another used PVC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2022
jackest1:

More Wins

Just got TOP RATED on Upwork

Congrats to me

Winning on Fiverr and Upwork. Levels!

Congrats!
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
N2B2:

Winning on Fiverr and Upwork. Levels!

Congrats!
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zolyjagorr(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2022
jackest1:

More Wins

Just got TOP RATED on Upwork

Congrats to me

On what shopping platform?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zolyjagorr:

On what shopping platform?
Sorry, didn't get your question
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by oluwalatte1: 1:03am On Jun 11, 2022
Hello I just reviewed my profile and want to start applying for work. Can someone please help me review my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e5e3c1a686345453?s=1044578476142100545

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 5:06am On Jun 11, 2022
oluwalatte1:
Hello I just reviewed my profile and want to start applying for work. Can someone please help me review my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e5e3c1a686345453?s=1044578476142100545
Your profile is nice but maybe better to reduce your hourly rate to $15 or $10 for now (you can increase it later). Also you said you have 5years plus experience but you only added two newbie portfolios , please add at least 4 solid portfolio.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by oluwalatte1: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2022
Will do, I have 5 years plus design experience but just 2-3 years of UI experience. Also, What do you mean by newbie portfolio? and how can I make it solid?

Codedboy95:
Your profile is nice but maybe better to reduce your hourly rate to $15 or $10 for now (you can increase it later). Also you said you have 5years plus experience but you only added two newbie portfolios , please add at least 4 solid portfolio.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:41am On Jun 11, 2022
@oluwalatte

Your profile is not too newbie , it's actually good, how do you apply for gigs, if you want my advice, learn how to design Shopify templates , and offer Shopify design on Upworks and outside. Market yourself in a professional way. Upwork is one platform, look for other niches.

You can join Shopify Partner slack channel, or their forum once you know how to design a template

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by henrymidas: 10:48am On Jun 11, 2022
Please, I need help. I keep sending proposals on upwork, but no jobs. Is even hard to get a message.
Please, I will appreciate any help.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by oluwalatte1: 8:56am On Jun 12, 2022
Thanks, I appreciate. Please how do i join the channel? Do you have a link?

qtguru:
@oluwalatte

Your profile is not too newbie , it's actually good, how do you apply for gigs, if you want my advice, learn how to design Shopify templates , and offer Shopify design on Upworks and outside. Market yourself in a professional way. Upwork is one platform, look for other niches.

You can join Shopify Partner slack channel, or their forum once you know how to design a template
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
oluwalatte1:
Thanks, I appreciate. Please how do i join the channel? Do you have a link?

Google Shopify Partner slack
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by oluwalatte1: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Thanks, I have joined. Will learn how to design Shopify templates

qtguru:

Google Shopify Partner slack
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by henrymidas: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
henrymidas:
Please, I need help. I keep sending proposals on upwork, but no jobs. Is even hard to get a message.

Please, anyone that can help should contact me 07040946606
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2022
henrymidas:

You need to tell us your niche first.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DeeOne98(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
You would not believe this!!
This Lasu student won N12M from Homewin
https://blog.playhomewin.com/22yr-old-lasu-student-wins-12m-in-sujimotos-homewin-salary-for-life/

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2022
Please did upwork accept NIN paper slip for identity verification? I had submitted my own for over 1day but it's still under review. what will happen my account if my ID was rejected? and lastly did they accept permanent voters card?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 15, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:
Please did upwork accept NIN paper slip for identity verification?
I had submitted my own for over 1day but it's still under review.
what will happen my account if my ID was rejected?
and lastly did they accept permanent voters card?
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000563227-Government-ID-Verification

That link has the list of all the documents accepted

I got verified using my NIN though
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by moseroe: 12:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hi, i send an email to you via nairaland and i hope to get a reply from you. I want us to talk about upwork. I need your help to create a brand new approved upwork profile. In your own case is your account foreign? I need your help in crafting proposals too. What niche are you into on upwork? Can you mentor me on your niche? I need your help. If you can get 2 jobs in 3 days with a brand new upwork profile i believe i can do this too. I hope to get a response from you asap. Thank you.
Iamnobody001:
Disregard any person selling ebooks here.

I make an average of 10k usd monthly and the ONLY SECRET TO GETTING FIGURES LIKE THAT IS WELL CRAFTED Proposals.
Heck, I even got two easy peasy jobs worth 1600 in 3 days using a brand new profile without any review.

Enough said
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2022
Why do people need foreign account. Are you not proud of being Nigerian?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Deicide:
Why do people need foreign account. Are you not proud of being Nigerian?

That is one thing I never advise anyone to do. If a client works with one good Nigerian, he/she would be more predisposed to Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
pocohantas:

That is one thing I never advise anyone to do. If a client works with one good Nigerian, he/she would be more predisposed to Nigerians.
Facts

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Allglow(f): 8:21am On Jun 17, 2022
Good morning fam.,
Pls I need your advise. I opened an up work account sometime last year. Later on they sent me an email to complete my profile, I didn't complete the profile. Unfortunately I lost my phone, and I don't have access to the email address again.

My question: is it advisable to open another account using my same bio details?

Cc codedboy95, qtguru, pocohantas, and all.
Thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ojialo(m): 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
justi4jesu:

I do Fiverr, Upwork or Any Online Paypal Withdrawals daily...................COME AND ENJOY OUR HIGH RATE shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Please check your WhatsApp

BRING ALL YOUR PAYONEER, SKRILL, BITCOIN, ETHEREUM, USDT, .................................................................

I ALSO BUY YOUR PAYPAL AFTER SELLING YOUR DOMAINS............!!!!!!!!!!

We buy everyday.......You get your Naira within secondsss smiley

Contact me on whatsapp 08.17.051.5364 for swift deal
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Marami2022: 3:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
Please i have been on upwork for the past 7 months, i am yet to get any work. Kindly help me check if there is anything i m not doing right. Thanks.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b780b4425c1b9b11
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
Marami2022:
Please i have been on upwork for the past 7 months, i am yet to get any work. Kindly help me check if there is anything i m not doing right. Thanks.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b780b4425c1b9b11

Your profile isn't good enough, so it's not a surprise you're struggling to land jobs. Even Upwork scammers may avoid you.

The title of your profile is — "I am a seasoned customer support."

- What's a "customer support"?

- If you have 15 years of customer service experience, should your writing and grammar skills be top-notch? If so, why does your profile overview read so poorly, then? It's riddled with errors and doesn't portray you as an expert.

- You said you have a mastery of Gmail? Everyone has a mastery of Gmail.

I could go on & on, but I won't. Here's my advice: scrap the entire write-up. Even the write-up for your specialized portfolio and start all over.

Don't use a phone to create or edit an Upwork account. Use a laptop so that you can properly format your pitches. Before writing your overview again, look up customer support experts on Upwork and get inspiration from their profile overviews.

Read through previous pages on this thread and absorb the advice that other experts have given. Your profile really needs work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Marami2022: 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
Thanks so much.
I sincerely appreciate your review, i will correct and revert.
God Bless you.
N2B2:

Your profile isn't good enough, so it's not a surprise you're struggling to land jobs. Even Upwork scammers may avoid you.

The title of your profile is — "I am a seasoned customer support."

- What's a "customer support"?

- If you have 15 years of customer service experience, should your writing and grammar skills be top-notch? If so, why does your profile overview read so poorly, then? It's riddled with errors and doesn't portray you as an expert.

- You said you have a mastery of Gmail? Everyone has a mastery of Gmail.

I could go on & on, but I won't. Here's my advice: scrap the entire write-up. Even the write-up for your specialized portfolio and start all over.

Don't use a phone to create or edit an Upwork account. Use a laptop so that you can properly format your pitches. Before writing your overview again, look up customer support experts on Upwork and get inspiration from their profile overviews.

Read through previous pages on this thread and absorb the advice that other experts have given. Your profile really needs work.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by samsard(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
I'm buying Africard USD funds at mid-market rates of 5**/$.
I accept reputable Nairaland escrows for secure deals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
Allglow:
Good morning fam.,
Pls I need your advise. I opened an up work account sometime last year. Later on they sent me an email to complete my profile, I didn't complete the profile. Unfortunately I lost my phone, and I don't have access to the email address again.

My question: is it advisable to open another account using my same bio details? .

Sure you should open an account using same bio details which I believe are the accurate details. If you do that, Upwork would let you know if the account is still existing. You can take it from there. I really do not have a firsthand experience on this.

Losing your phone shouldn’t stop your access to an email account. Except you can’t even remember the email address itself.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Bizzyman: 7:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Upwork review available 24/7.
I also buy Paypal and Payoneer funds.

We legit and trusted. WhatsApp 08067438374

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (110) (Reply)

Helping Hands International Are They Real Or Scam? / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? / Merrybet Punt For Pride III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.