Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (141922 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 2:53pm On May 23, 2022
dreamxhaser:

@qutguru
codedboy95

And tensazangetsu20

My boy has just finished learning HTML, CSS, JS and liquid. Nothing more nothing less.

Can he start working on upwork as a Shopify developer?

He doesn't have much experience but I believe I can learn more on jobs.

Any advice?

Yes Shopify discourages the use of frameworks to avoid bloats, he can jump into Liquid gigs. But for portfolio he will have to show comepetency in Liquid templating.

Building a simple theme is proof enough.

All the best
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 3:05pm On May 23, 2022
qtguru:

Yes Shopify discourages the use of frameworks to avoid bloats, he can jump into Liquid gigs. But for portfolio he will have to show comepetency in Liquid templating.

All the best

Thank you

but are liquid gigs profitable?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 3:08pm On May 23, 2022
qtguru:

All the best

Thank you

like as profitable as what a complete shopify developer would get?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2022
dreamxhaser:

Thank you

Yes if you can showcase your skills and get gigs.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 3:15pm On May 23, 2022
qtguru:

Yes if you can showcase your skills and get gigs.

Thank you again

but would you mind sharing your whatapp number so I can link.you both. So he can take advises and gudince from you
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by greatlee(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2022
wasiubello:
Hi fellow freelancers, I need your help with this question, will it be possible to link my Dom account direct to upwork and still receive my money in dollar without first sending it to payoneer?.
I have been making withdraw into my Nara savings account but the rate is very poor.

have over $400 to withdraw with another $300 in review. I'm a writer and currently writing for two companies one in U.S and the other the UK.

Please I need urgent answer

Please what skill do one need to learn in order to become a writer? I will appreciate your response.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by xokol8: 12:06am On Jun 01, 2022
Basic grammar and storytelling. And MS Word.
greatlee:

Please what skill do one need to learn in order to become a writer? I will appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by alikhadija(f): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2022
Hi all

I've been on upwork since 2020 but I wasn't able to secure a single gig
Can you help me review my profile pls,I'm a writer
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b49350ec3d1495f2
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2022
alikhadija:
Hi all

I've been on upwork since 2020 but I wasn't able to secure a single gig
Can you help me review my profile pls,I'm a writer
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b49350ec3d1495f2

Alikhadija, your profile is private.

Here's how to change your Upwork profile visibility to Public: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by JayReeMai(m): 3:52am On Jun 03, 2022
N2B2:

I think landing jobs (or, at least, well-paying jobs) will be a struggle for you with this profile.

1.) Your profile needs to be "Public" before it can start appearing in Upwork's search results.
2.) You used a photo with a filter as your profile picture: unprofessional.
3.) Suggestion: set your work availability [i.e., hours per week] to "As needed."
4.) In your employment history, you said you have just 1 month of actual data entry experience.
5.) You outlined just 7 skills (out of a possible 15) on your profile.
- Some of those skills you outlined have nothing to do with data entry.
6.) Your "site assistant" work experience has nothing to do with data entry. I'll advise that you take it out.
7.) Your overview isn't in the best shape: you don't sell yourself or mention anything about the service you purport to offer.
8.) Your profile needs to be proofread. Spelling & grammar errors do great damage to your persona as a professional.

Hello chief. I’ve made the corrections you highlighted to the profile. I would appreciate if you could have a look at it one more time.
Also I want to ask, how many jobs do you advise one apply for on a average daily ?
I see some people advertising reviews. Do you have advise I buy reviews? I feel invisible on that platform.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01229826a6d99146d1
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by JayReeMai(m): 3:59am On Jun 03, 2022
OfficialDJ:
as someone who's been on Upwork since it was called Elance, I'd advise you to move away from data entry.

Those are for the bottom feeders
Data entry is part of the service I will be offering as a virtual assistant.

pocohantas:

Yes he has hired someone. Data Entry should be the icing on the cake as most Virtual, Administrative or Executive assistants would be expected to do some form of DE. If it is only everyday data entry, I am afraid you have just 1 in a 100 chance. Especially when put up against those Filipinos.
Yes you are right, data entry is part of V.A jobs. I feel invisible on those platforms.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Jun 04, 2022
JayReeMai:
Data entry is part of the service I will be offering as a virtual assistant.

Yes you are right, data entry is part of V.A jobs. I feel invisible on those platforms.

Jayreemai, are you using your search and filter extensively? What is the main service you are offering?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Lordsagna: 9:33am On Jun 05, 2022
pocohantas:

Jayreemai, are you using your search and filter extensively? What is the main service you are offering?
Pls upworker...help me view my profile.... it's been a while on Upwork but I don't know where I'm getting it wrong
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fe4e3a2bed37cdc7?viewMode=1
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Lordsagna: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2022
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lordsagna:

Pls upworker...help me view my profile.... it's been a while on Upwork but I don't know where I'm getting it wrong

Hello Lordsagna,

-Your profile picture is bland. Please change it.

-Your portfolio looks amateurish.

-I believe video and animation is what you do. Is it the same as video editing? Anyway, I’ll advise you to keep the heading at just Video & Animation. The rest are the tools you work with, so list them further in your profile. You can list them out as your proficiencies;

Music
Adobe
Final Cut Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro

Others can pitch in, but that is what I noticed at a glance as I do not know anything about your niche. I also hope your profile is 100% complete and you are searching for jobs the right way. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lordsagna:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fe4e3a2bed37cdc7

First the barrier to entry for Video Editing is hard, because I manage my brother's profile.

1. My main advice, learn Adobe AE because at least you can sell the idea of creating montage with VFX and other effects
2. Offer to jazz up Youtube Videos, and offer subtitles and other transitions
3. Offer services of Video touch-up and post-production
4. The quality of your work is a bit based on local trends, try and adopt visual inspirations from Youtube since your client are mostly international.
5. Position yourself to touching Tiktok videos and Youtube

Learn more tools

Adobe AE , AE Plugins like Animation Composer

All the best bro

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lordsagna:

The problem some budding Upworkers here have is their presentation: they can't sell themselves, even those who are pretty good at what they do.

On Upwork, a freelancer's profile overview is just as important as their portfolio, in my opinion. How you describe yourself and your skills play a significant role in how prospective clients view you.

Here is half of your profile overview:

Professional video editor with range of experience with advanced video editing skills and knowledge of the latest video editing software, tools and techniques. Seeking position to grow personally and professionally in a video editing role.

Honestly, it's boring, bland, and poorly written — red flags that'll make even the worst clients on Upwork avoid you.

Let's go through the bold text:

1.) A professional (noun, not adjective) is adept, competent, and knowledgeable in their practice. If you use the word, you must portray yourself as such.

2.) A range of experience? Explain. How long have you been doing what you do? As Pocohantas asked, what do you even do? Video editing? Animation? If animation, which one — 2D or 3D? Why is the word "Adobe" in your title? Do you use Adobe Reader to edit and/or animate too?

3.) What "latest" video editing software can you use? What "latest" video editing tools do you have? What "latest" video editing techniques do you have? Are you up-to-date with animation, too, or is it just video editing?

4.) Looking to grow? Aren't you already a professional (or, at least, trying to portray yourself as such)? Clients need experts who will come and make an instant impact, either solving their problems or even going steps further to exceed their expectations. No one wants a learner, and you must never portray yourself as such. If you were looking for a plumber to fix your tap, would you prefer a youth who is just learning or an expert?

I know the criticism may seem harsh and even overwhelming, but these are things you should take note of if you want to get ahead of your competitors on the platform.

Good luck.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Lordsagna: 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2022
qtguru:

First the barrier to entry for Video Editing is hard, because I manage my brother's profile.

1. My main advice, learn Adobe AE because at least you can sell the idea of creating montage with VFX and other effects
2. Offer to jazz up Youtube Videos, and offer subtitles and other transitions
3. Offer services of Video touch-up and post-production
4. The quality of your work is a bit based on local trends, try and adopt visual inspirations from Youtube since your client are mostly international.
5. Position yourself to touching Tiktok videos and Youtube

Learn more tools

Adobe AE , AE Plugins like Animation Composer

All the best bro
Thanks sir, I'm almost done learning after effects, all my projects was done with premier pro....you seems to know much about video editing....the only place I know is Upwork is there any site I can offer YouTube video adding and TikTok aside Upwork?
Can you connect me with your brother pls?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Lordsagna: 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2022
N2B2:

The problem some budding Upworkers here have is their presentation: they can't sell themselves, even those who are pretty good at what they do.

On Upwork, a freelancer's profile overview is just as important as their portfolio, in my opinion. How you describe yourself and your skills play a significant role in how prospective clients view you.

Here is half of your profile overview:

Honestly, it's boring, bland, and poorly written — red flags that'll make even the worst clients on Upwork avoid you.

Let's go through the bold text:

1.) A professional (noun, not adjective) is adept, competent, and knowledgeable in their practice. If you use the word, you must portray yourself as such.

2.) A range of experience? Explain. How long have you been doing what you do? As Pocohantas asked, what do you even do? Video editing? Animation? If animation, which one — 2D or 3D? Why is the word "Adobe" in your title? Do you use Adobe Reader to edit and/or animate too?

3.) What "latest" video editing software can you use? What "latest" video editing tools do you have? What "latest" video editing techniques do you have? Are you up-to-date with animation, too, or is it just video editing?

4.) Looking to grow? Aren't you already a professional (or, at least, trying to portray yourself as such)? Clients need experts who will come and make an instant impact, either solving their problems or even going steps further to exceed their expectations. No one wants a learner, and you must never portray yourself as such. If you were looking for a plumber to fix your tap, would you prefer a youth who is just learning or an expert?

I know the criticism may seem harsh and even overwhelming, but these are things you should take note of if you want to get ahead of your competitors on the platform.

Good luck.
Thanks for this sir, I've modified the profile, I'm new to Upwork.... thanks for the correction sir
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Lordsagna: 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2022
pocohantas:

Hello Lordsagna,

-Your profile picture is bland. Please change it.

-Your portfolio looks amateurish.

-I believe video and animation is what you do. Is it the same as video editing? Anyway, I’ll advise you to keep the heading at just Video & Animation. The rest are the tools you work with, so list them further in your profile. You can list them out as your proficiencies;

Music
Adobe
Final Cut Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro

Others can pitch in, but that is what I noticed at a glance as I do not know anything about your niche. I also hope your profile is 100% complete and you are searching for jobs the right way. smiley
I'm actually a video editor, thanks for the correction I've modified the profile, I'm new to Upwork don't really know how it works so I had to put those skills
My niche is YouTube video editing, I can edit an intro and promotion videos... thanks ma'am https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fe4e3a2bed37cdc7
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2022
Lordsagna:

Thanks sir, I'm almost done learning after effects, all my projects was done with premier pro....you seems to know much about video editing....the only place I know is Upwork is there any site I can offer YouTube video adding and TikTok aside Upwork?
Can you connect me with your brother pls?

I'll make a research for that about platforms where you can make money with Video skills. I took up New Media in University, and took up premiere and AE, I have average knowledge enough for YouTube videos. I could outsource some YouTube gigs to you, because I have an interest in doing YouTube videos. Your video is good enough for what I need. Send me a PM
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Lordsagna: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2022
qtguru:

I'll make a research for that about platforms where you can make money with Video skills. I took up New Media in University, and took up premiere and AE, I have average knowledge enough for YouTube videos. I could outsource some YouTube gigs to you, because I have an interest in doing YouTube videos. Your video is good enough for what I need. Send me a PM
Wow... thanks Sir, I've sent you PM sir ...
I can't wait for the platform sir.... thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 8:38am On Jun 07, 2022
jackest1:

This was my first order in Aug
Guess what guys

Just completed 50 orders with 100% delivery and 41 five star reviews
Level 2 Achieved

Congrats to myself and Thanks to God

More Wins

Just got TOP RATED on Upwork

Congrats to me

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:58am On Jun 07, 2022
jackest1:

More Wins

Congrats to me

Top Rated, Congrats bro, what field is that ?

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by mctech(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2022
Great platform!
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2022
jackest1:

More Wins

Congrats to me

Congrats man

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2022
qtguru:

Top Rated, Congrats bro, what field is that ?

Mobile app development
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by JePluses: 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am Busayo, I am a good with brand Identity design and a couple other thing design wise. I need your help I have been doing every thing I can to have a through freelancing on Upwork. Recently with the help of a friend I got verified on the Platform.

I need every advice I can get to land my first gig.
Thank you
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zidoh(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
Good day greater freelancers. @ZIDOH EXCHANGE ENTERPRISES. We are still your best and active plug for all your e-currency exchange.

We buy Payoneer , Paypal , Skrill , Neteller and Transferwise funds at good rate

We also do withdrawal such as Fiverr , Upwork , Freelancer, Amazon kdp, domain sale withdrawal etc.

......Kindly slide to our dm on Whatsapp on the contact number below on signature for instant exchange
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
jackest1:

Mobile app development

Yeah I figured, nice one bro
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2022
qtguru:

Yeah I figured, nice one bro
Thanks Chief
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zidoh(m): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Fiverr review needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (105) (Reply)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.