Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142938 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by mygee2(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hi house please which niche would be better if someone want to tweak Upwork with phone
Boss give Update abeg
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by saxwizard(m): 12:27am On Sep 12, 2022
Omo E Be thing

50k download for $5

Dollywood

How una they see big clients

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 12, 2022
saxwizard:
Omo E Be thing

50k download for $5

Dollywood

will that amount even cover the cost of the data used?

The only reason anyone will apply to such jobs is to get 10 connects back from Upwork, nothing else makes sense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by saxwizard(m): 12:56am On Sep 12, 2022
DrLevi:

will that amount even cover the cost of the data used?

The only reason anyone will apply to such jobs is to get 10 connects back from Upwork, nothing else makes sense

You are right.

Not worth the stress.

Didn't read the info well before applying though
Na later i see am

I shock
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 3:26am On Sep 12, 2022
princeagu:
A friend introduced me to upwork 3 weeks ago and thankfully I stumbled on this thread.
Guys, I've verified my account but I seem to have one problem which is getting a job as a beginner. I've read quite a lot here from the beginning of this thread to at least page 33. I've applied some tips too. Here is my profile below - https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01984a5cbbf74bf936
Pls, I need a critical review & thanks in anticipation.

I think your Upwork profile needs some portfolio items.

That profile is looking too scanty.

I dunno if you feel comfortable with this, but can you make a 1-minute video with your phone just describing yourself and what you do?

This would give clients a better sense of your personality and might increase your chances of getting hired.

Next, send your last three Upwork proposals here and tag me. I'll help you appraise them.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2022
Jaycobbs:

I think your Upwork profile needs some portfolio items.

That profile is looking too scanty.

I dunno if you feel comfortable with this, but can you make a 1-minute video with your phone just describing yourself and what you do?

This would give clients a better sense of your personality and might increase your chances of getting hired.

Next, send your last three Upwork proposals here and tag me. I'll help you appraise them.

@ princeagu

Please do as he said, I want learn too
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Babtunz: 10:03am On Sep 12, 2022
Some times when I read a job description and price the client wants to pay on Upwork, I don't know how I always end up saying "you're mad". Especially those Indians
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 10:07am On Sep 12, 2022
Babtunz:
Some times when I read a job description and price the client wants to pay on Upwork, I don't know how I always end up saying "you're mad". Especially those Indians

And if you go do mistake, put head, your own is finished.

If by some miracle you're able to complete the job, them fit still bone face give you 3.5 stars.

As per na their moni so they can do as they please.

If you value your mental health, bruv...
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Babtunz: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2022
Jaycobbs:

And if you go do mistake, put head, your own is finished.

If by some miracle you're able to complete the job, them fit still bone face give you 3.5 stars.

As per na their moni so they can do as they please.

If you value your mental health, bruv...
If 90% of Upwork clients are Indians swears I won't be there.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
saxwizard:
Omo E Be the thing

50k download for $5

Dollywood

Oh, my days. What the hell? You can sacrifice your data for that job just to get a 5star review, else it's not worth it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
Babtunz:

If 90% of Upwork clients are Indians swears I won't be there.

That's false. Upwork is global
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
Got an interview today and the client was asking for a test. Told her I can't work outside of a contract. The funny thing is the client's profile is good, coz she done spend over $30k on Upwork and has an over 90% hire rate.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2022
I need big clients like this not these bottom feeders. angry
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
Dollywood:
I need big clients like this not these bottom feeders. angry
It takes reviews from the 'bottom feeders' to land a job with the 'big clients'

this oversight is a costly one

#my2cents

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
Dollywood:
Got an interview today and the client was asking for a test. Told her I can't work outside of a contract. The funny thing is the client's profile is good, coz she done spend over $30k on Upwork and has an over 90% hire rate.

What kind of test was it?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2022
DrLevi:

It takes reviews from the 'bottom feeders' to land a job with the 'big clients'

this oversight is a costly one

#my2cents

I understand boss. wink
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
Saxwizard. How far with your first client, boss?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
Jaycobbs:

What kind of test was it?

Test on the job I applied for before I can be accepted to work for them.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by saxwizard(m): 7:35am On Sep 13, 2022
Dollywood:
Saxwizard. How far with your first client, boss?

The person approved the milestone already but i didn't get the raising talent badge,

i messaged support not long
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2022
Dollywood:

Test on the job I applied for before I can be accepted to work for them.

I've done several tests on different jobs and some of them led to being hired.

Some were even paid tests.

I don't think all tests are bad, and it also helps you build your portfolio if you have not done that specific task before.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by J4parry(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
Dollywood:

That's false. Upwork is global

Did you even read what he wrote before you countered him?

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jaycobbs:

I've done several tests on different jobs and some of them led to being hired.

Some were even paid tests.

I don't think all tests are bad, and it also helps you build your portfolio if you have not done that specific task before.

I understand boss. But it's still advisable to not to do any test or work outside a contract. Gotta be a paid test at least.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
saxwizard:

The person approved the milestone already but i didn't get the raising talent badge,

The badge is random. I don't think you messaging them will change anything. I even got the badge before i landed my first client.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
J4parry:

Did you even read what he wrote before you countered him?

Yeah my bad grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Sagiojimmy(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
Hello Guys...Please I need your honest critique on my Upwork profile if I'm good to apply for jobs. I also need your ideas on what I should do on the profile to make it stand out

My Niche is WordPress web design
This is my profile
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01911a3f5f0394c976?s=1044578476142100494
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
saxwizard:

The badge is given when you complete the readiness test amongst other things

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by saxwizard(m): 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
DrLevi:

The badge is given when you complete the readiness test amongst other things

Yes

The support person told me that
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by saxwizard(m): 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
Dollywood:

The badge is random. I don't think you messaging them will change anything. I even got the badge before i landed my first client.

Thanks boss

I don apply sote i don tire...

Second job not coming.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by csckid(m): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
upworkers...do come for your PayPal, payoneer exchange..we can use wese90 excrow if you are in doubt...
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 5:46am On Sep 14, 2022
Sagiojimmy:
Hello Guys...Please I need your honest critique on my Upwork profile if I'm good to apply for jobs. I also need your ideas on what I should do on the profile to make it stand out

My Niche is WordPress web design
This is my profile
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01911a3f5f0394c976?s=1044578476142100494

Looks dope. Nice headline. Nice picture. Your bio also seems optimized for SEO.

But where are your portfolio items?

Then, I don't know if you'll like to do the stress but if you can, then I'd advice you to rewrite your bio.

How?

Rewrite it in terms of what the client wants.

Your bio uses the word, "I" and "my" a lot which is expected since you're talking about yourself. But as a pro, you wanna sell the clients, okay?

Everyone is selfish. Your clients only wanna know how you can help them. So talk about your skills in terms of what the client stands to benefit.

For instance, I got this from your overview:

My main aim is to be time accurate in completing your project to perfect standard

It could be rewritten as:

My aim is to design a website that your customers would love and increase your conversion rate.

See how I use "your" more than "I" in this simple sentence?

Finally, do a short one minute video of yourself summarising what you wrote in that bio. You don't have to be a professional videographer or anything. Just a simple video would be nice.

Lol. It's funny that no one is doing it and if you have a video, it would instantly stand you out.

It's a good opportunity to show a nice personality so your clients are more drawn to you.

#mytwocents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jorghor(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2022
Good morning all
For someone in sales who is new in Upwork, what advice can you give me?

Which niche do you think is not saturated and can bring good client?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
saxwizard:

Thanks, boss

I don apply some I do tire...

Second job not coming.

It's a game of proposals, daddy mi. I just landed my second client yesterday after 15 proposals sent in the last 7 days and its coz my first client is starting to give me loads of work to do, and my goal is to get more clients coz I heard dealing with one long-term client can be pretty not good later on after you're done with the contact it will be hard getting more clients from scratch. I'm not sure how true is that, but that's what they're saying on Reddit. I'm pretty much as new as you, boss. Just keep your proposals short and catchy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (106) (Reply)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.