Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (144421 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Blonded(m): 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hello everyone. please I have a question as regards up work. I decided to motivate myself and go back to activating my account. I try to bid for jobs from time to time. I logged into my account recently and saw a notification that says my profile availability has been been turned off and set to private. please what could be the reason for this?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by saxwizard(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
chieni:
Hello everyone. please I have a question as regards up work. I decided to motivate myself and go back to activating my account. I try to bid for jobs from time to time. I logged into my account recently and saw a notification that says my profile availability has been been turned off and set to private. please what could be the reason for this?

The oracle's are coming

@pocohantas @dollywood @qtguru
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
chieni:

Because it has been inactive.
-You are new and you haven’t been submitting proposals in 90days, neither have you earned in this period.
-You haven’t earned in 2 years.

Basically inactiveness. Clients can see/read your proposals when you submit proposals, but they can’t find you. It is nothing really, just keep applying.

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Envivo: 7:49am On Oct 08, 2022
Hello good morning, please I need help with Gtbank Dom referee as all my referees have been rejected and I can't get my Upwork earnings. Please anyone with Gtbank current account that can help. I don't mind a fee. Thank you
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2022
pocohantas:

Because it has been inactive.
-You are new and you haven’t been submitting proposals in 90days, neither have you earned in this period.
-You haven’t earned in 2 years.

Basically inactiveness. Clients can see/read your proposals when you submit proposals, but they can’t find you. It is nothing really, just keep applying.
Oh I see. I will just download the app so I can always log in anytime I am not close to my system. Thank you so much for the response.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2022
saxwizard:

The oracle's are coming

lol yes oh the OGs of upwork on nairaland. Thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by callmemakaveli: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2022
callmemakaveli:
HAPPY WEEKEND.

We Buy all clean Paypal funds, Giftcards, USDT, BTC, Access Dorm, And Africard Funds. My services also includes; Fiverr Payments And Withdrawals, Site Payments, Survey Sites And Freelance Sites Withdrawals Via Paypal.

Bring What You Have To Our WhatsApp Office For dope rates.

Thanks For Your Patronage.
BUYING... PAYMENT IS FAST...
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
chieni:

lol yes oh the OGs of upwork on nairaland. Thanks.

You still have a mic here, just reminding you.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Blonded:
Hi, I Would love to get your thoughts on my Upwork profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a7736775085e7f99?viewMode=1

@qtguru @pocohantas

Not bad, just keep improving the quality and more portfolio.

But also explore other opportunities not just UI too. Take care
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Blonded(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
qtguru:

. smiley!
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 3:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
saxwizard:

The oracle's are coming

No tag me along with them Pocohantas and qtguru shocked

Me wey be newbie, u dey tag along with them boss and bosses here. grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 6:08am On Oct 13, 2022
I keep telling you all struggling to get jobs, quit the bullshitting and submit IRRESISTIBLE proposals.

Here's an example - a completely new profile with zero earnings, reviews etc earning an easy peasy job for $1100.

Work on your proposals people. Trigger the child in your clients and you'll always smile.

Dj

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 6:21am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:
I keep telling you all struggling to get jobs, quit the bullshitting and submit IRRESISTIBLE proposals.

Here's an example - a completely new profile with zero earnings, reviews etc earning an easy peasy job for $1100.

Work on your proposals people. Trigger the child in your clients and you'll always smile.

Dj

You have been saying this and I am sure everyone has heard you. Maybe for once you should do something different - SHOW US HOW YOU WRITE YOUR PREMIUM PROPOSALS.

Good morning!

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 6:37am On Oct 13, 2022
pocohantas:

You have been saying this and I am sure everyone has heard you. Maybe for once you should do something different - SHOW US HOW YOU WRITE YOUR PREMIUM PROPOSALS.

Good morning!

I'd share a snippet of that particular proposal that won this job. Not much by my standard, but with a completely new profile? A feat!

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 6:42am On Oct 13, 2022
Removed
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 6:45am On Oct 13, 2022
My proposal.

Clients do not give two shi*s about your achievements, but how you can help them.
Focus on proffering your client solutions in your proposals, and use a conversational and adrenaline pumping themed style to win them over..

Maybe because I didn't submit many proposals last month, but I averaged about $9k on upwork only.

Think out of the box my people

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 6:59am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:
top of the morning Poco.

I'd share a snippet of that particular proposal that won this job. Not much by my standard, but with a completely new profile? A feat!

We dey wait. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 7:03am On Oct 13, 2022
pocohantas:

We dey wait. cheesy
my proposals change every day..
I never use the same proposal twice..
Take a cue

Removed.......
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 7:06am On Oct 13, 2022
This is for Motivational purposes only, not to put any one down or brag..

This came in just now. A completely new profile as well...

Removed
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 9:09am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:
This is for Motivational purposes only, not to put any one down or brag..

This came in just now. A completely new profile as well...

Removed

Ah. We didn't see the proposal, boss.

Can you kindly repost? Abeg
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by onlinestaff2020: 9:23am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:

Dj

Talk is cheap and you keep on rambling by missing the salient point - PROPOSAL LETTER.

You only showed the project, price and naivety of the client but intentionally left what others are looking for to improve in attracting gigs - PROPOSAL LETTER.

You succeeded in giving sweet yearnings about your prowess winning bids to projects with a new account and downgraded the - PROPOSAL LETTER.

Oga, show us the PROPOSAL LETTER.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2022
onlinestaff2020:

Talk is cheap and you keep on rambling by missing the salient point - PROPOSAL LETTER.

You only showed the project, price and naivety of the client but intentionally left what others are looking for to improve in attracting gigs - PROPOSAL LETTER.

You succeeded in giving sweet yearnings about your prowess winning bids to projects with a new account and downgraded the - PROPOSAL LETTER.

Oga, show us the PROPOSAL LETTER.
I don't owe you shit Niqqur
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 9:37am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:
why should I repost it? Those who've seen it have seen it.

Don't expect another reply from me..

I removed it because, I felt uncomfortable.

If you were earlier you'd see it too.

grin

Just for ten minutes. You can take it down after that.

I no dey carry shoulder. I came to learn

Don't mind the nigga talking like he's the one that sent you work.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 9:42am On Oct 13, 2022
Jaycobbs:

grin

Just for ten minutes. You can take it down after that.

I no dey carry shoulder. I came to learn

Don't mind the nigga talking like he's the one that sent you work.

removing in 5 minutes
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:
removing in 5 minutes

Wow. I see what you mean by "adrenaline-pumped" theme.

You said you wrote a best-selling book.

Did you really?

LIke if it was ghostwritten, were you able to know where and when it was published and the title under which it was published?

I've written several books for clients but I never know what happens after I get paid.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 9:56am On Oct 13, 2022
Jaycobbs:

Wow. I see what you mean by "adrenaline-pumped" theme.

You said you wrote a best-selling book.

Did you really?

LIke if it was ghostwritten, were you able to know where and when it was published and the title under which it was published?

I've written several books for clients but I never know what happens after I get paid.
share me a sample of your proposal. I'd see where you're going off
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 10:12am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:
share me a sample of your proposal. I'd see where you're going off

Alright, cool.

So I've attached the job post and the proposal.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:38am On Oct 13, 2022
pocohantas:

Good morning!

Do Premium proposals work? I had the chance of seeing the other side, and it's only the first lines they can see from your proposal .
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2022
Jaycobbs:

Alright, cool.

I like the first line of the proposal, you responded to their problem.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 10:45am On Oct 13, 2022
Jaycobbs:

Alright, cool.

the highlighted part is where you got it wrong..

Clients do not give a hoot about your past achievements.

When you begin a proposal, IMMEDIATELY proffer a solution to their project.
It makes you standout from the beehive of spammers and copy paste time wasters.

The First thing the client sees are the first two lines of your proposal, so you need to make it as ATTENTION GRABBING as possible.

I've been on upwork for 9 years now, and it gets easier with time.

You'd get to the level where churning out job winning proposals will be second nature.

Remember, HOOK your clients with the first two sentences, and you've got a good chance of winning the job....

Again, here's another mistake rookies make...

When the client interviews you, ASK questions.

Don't just swallow everything they say hook.line.sinker...
Yhis gives them the impression that you're genuinely interested in making their lives better...

Wish everyone all the best.
I'm out of the thread..

6 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2022
qtguru:

I like the first line of the proposal, you responded to their problem.
No he did not.
I'd be more excited about the proposal if he
2.Gave an idea - for example....

I have a great idea that fits perfectly with your project..

We'd have to write this coming from the perspective of a certified parent-child psychologist, so readers can feel connected and feel the thrill.

3. Asked her the target audience for the book - Americans? Europeans?or the general public as a whole.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (106) (Reply)

Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free / How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.