Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142821 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2022
Signing out...
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 11:26am On Oct 13, 2022
OfficialDJ:
No he did not.
I'd be more excited about the proposal if he
1.Gave the client great suggestions for the book's title something along the lines of - THE CONCIOUS PARENT!(The classic guideto helping children develop self discipline and problem-solving skills)
2.Gave an idea - for example....

I have a great idea that fits perfectly with your project..

We'd have to write this coming from the perspective of a certified parent-child psychologist, so readers can feel connected and feel the thrill.

3. Asked her the target audience for the book - Americans? Europeans?or the general public as a whole.

This is interesting. I'd need to think more about this.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kewtt: 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
pocohantas:

Anybody that is feeding you and taking care of you now, be it husband, wife, sister, brother, cousin, bf, gf, sugar daddy, client…

Appreciate the person!

Things are damn expensive now.. cheesy
Poco I'll like to invite you to lunch
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2022
qtguru:

Do Premium proposals work? I had the chance of seeing the other side, and it's only the first lines they can see from your proposal .

Yea, it works. I guess that is why the first few lines should be catchy.

Anyway, lot goes into selecting a candidate. This includes some level of bias and luck. cheesy
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2022
Kewtt:

Poco I'll like to invite you to lunch

Hello Kewtt!

I am flattered, but I’ll have to decline - respectfully.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by islamics(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2022
Greetings all,
Please anybody with an idea of how to go about a suspended account?

Recently, my account was restricted and was asked to verify identity. After much trying, I was able to verify it using the digital NIN card. Immediately, after verifying, I saw the notification of account suspended and was asked to reach out to support center.
I reached out to the support center and was told that my issue would be forwarded to the team that should handle such issue but till now no show.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kewtt: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
pocohantas:

Hello Kewtt!

I am flattered, but I’ll have to decline - respectfully.

Thank you for letting me know your decision. And for your time and consideration. I am quite intrigued by your disposition to a variety of issues here and would have appreciated the opportunity to become acquainted with you.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by silaxx(m): 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2022
qtguru:
Also is anyone looking into Webflow gigs ? it's drag and drop to build a website, doesn't require code. I use it, but not looking for WebFlow gigs. I hate design tasks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kemdi04: 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
Working 7-7 job is so tiring, seeing how people are making a career already just working from home...please i nedd advice/help

What other skill can one learn in 1-3 months to start earning on Upwork?
Seems VA is saturated

@pocohantas @qtguru @officialDj

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2022
Kemdi04:
Working 7-7 job is so tiring, seeing how people are making a career already just working from home...please i nedd advice/help

What other skill can one learn in 1-3 months to start earning on Upwork?
Seems VA is saturated

@pocohantas @qtguru @officialDj

IMO, there's no niche that's saturated. You just have to learn positioning.

If you're looking for a niche, it should be, ideally, something that already has a foundation in one of your core skill sets.

I could learn programming and data analysis. But I always had an insatiable thirst for reading and I wrote my first novel before I graduated from secondary school.

So niches like content writing, copywriting and ghostwriting come naturally to me.

If you're already familiar with VA, then go for it.

You should instead, focus on selling yourself properly in your proposals when you apply for jobs.

That said, you can still learn any skill you want and get paid for it.

If you want an idea of what might be valuable for you, spend a few hours going through your job feed and observe the common types of jobs being posted.

That would give you an idea of what's in demand.

And for the record, working from home gets tedious too.

For the first six months or even longer, you may be putting in more than that 7 - 7 you've been working as a corporate employee.

But the more money you make, the better the compensation is, and then you can create systems, automate a few stuff, and hire people to take some of the load off.

Good luck!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
Kewtt:

Thank you for letting me know your decision. And for your time and consideration. I am quite intrigued by your disposition to a variety of issues here and would have appreciated the opportunity to become acquainted with you.
see how you leave money dey chase woman, now I see why many nigerian men are not successful.

Wise up bro

9 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kewtt: 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
Japhet04:
see how you leave money dey chase woman, now I see why many nigerian men are not successful.

Wise up bro
Do I need to respond? No. Have a great day.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 15, 2022
Kewtt:

Do I need to respond? No. Have a great day.
likewise smiley
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zhirinovsky: 11:37am On Oct 18, 2022
Please House,

I went back to my upwork account after roughly 2 yrs, made some profile improvements and started submitting proposals.

I have submitted more than 20 proposals to jobs I am � qualified for but haven't even landed a simple interview.

Please am I doing anything wrong? I am yet to make a first sale on upwork. Do I need to buy a review before I start getting noticed?

Please someone should help. It is getting very frustrating.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
Zhirinovsky:
Please House,

I went back to my upwork account after roughly 2 yrs, made some profile improvements and started submitting proposals.

I have submitted more than 20 proposals to jobs I am � qualified for but haven't even landed a simple interview.

Please am I doing anything wrong? I am yet to make a first sale on upwork. Do I need to buy a review before I start getting noticed?

Share screenshots of your last three proposals and the jobs you applied for.

That should better help with what you need to change.

Share the link to your profile too.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zhirinovsky: 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
Thanks, I sent you everything on WhatsApp
Jaycobbs:

Share screenshots of your last three proposals and the jobs you applied for.

That should better help with what you need to change.

Share the link to your profile too.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by onlinestaff2020: 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
Zhirinovsky:
Please House,

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Pricelesssmurf(m): 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2022
I have US accounts for sale and I also help change to US account.
Zhirinovsky:
Please House,

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by accelion(m): 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hello guys. I have an opportunity to bring a very experienced WordPress developer onboard a platform I am part of.

I know this thread is about Upwork, and I won't want to derail it. But as I see there are a lot of developers here, I thought I should share.

If you are confident, please find more details about the opportunity on this other thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7305730/need-two-seasoned-experienced-front-end
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
Lol one line proposal but this only works for UI/UX Designers notice, I attached the works and straight to the point

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by numtums(m): 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2022
Pricelesssmurf:
I have US accounts for sale and I also help change to US account.
What's your price?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Jaycobbs(m): 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
qtguru:
Lol one line proposal but this only works for UI/UX Designers notice, I attached the works and straight to the point

cheesy
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2022
Jaycobbs:

cheesy

UI/UX is evidence-based, some roles are like that, a writing role can't getaway with this, I would assume.... (assumptions)
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2022
qtguru:

UI/UX is evidence-based, some roles are like that, a writing role can't getaway with this, I would assume.... (assumptions)

It can. You never go wrong with strong portfolios. The client should go through it and sort himself/herself out. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
Has anyone tried Access Dollar Card with Upworks ? I want to buy connects
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jonextee(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
I need an Upwork guru to help manage my U.S Upwork acct as I've no time to manage it.

It an ebook writing and copywriting acct.

Pls quote me if you're interested.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by saxwizard(m): 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
@pocohantas @Dollywood @qtguru

Got this 2days ago

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
qtguru:
Has anyone tried Access Dollar Card with Upworks ? I want to buy connects
it should work, I use it for my client account
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
pocohantas:

It can. You never go wrong with strong portfolios. The client should go through it and sort himself/herself out. cheesy
No mind them they would say proposal is the Koko meanwhile we all know humans like shining stuff. Even the proposal they would only see the first line. grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
Deicide:
No mind them they would say proposal is the Koko meanwhile we all know humans like shining stuff. Even the proposal they would only see the first line. grin

I was shocked to know it was only the first line,
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 9:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
Codedboy95:
You should work, I use it for my client account

It's not working do I need to activate the card?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Maxxim: 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
Japhet04:

Wise up bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (106) (Reply)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.