Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142683 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Nostradamus1:
Pls I want to re confirm is NIN is allowed for ID verification .

Also, what is the best way to withdraw funds from upwork
How long does an upwork selfie verification for Nigerian last?

Cc:

1) I am not sure. I used my Nigerian passport. You can try NIN, if it doesn’t work, you try another.

2) For a newbie that would want to quickly withdraw and convert your petty earnings instantly, I advise GeegPay. Create a virtual dollar account (ACH) and add it to Upwork.

3) I don’t know. I haven’t been asked to reverify in over a year of owning an account.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
Djreloaded:
CodedRat.
Cry harder while I post your 5 years earnings in a month..
This moroñ thinks I started Elance yesterday...

Go figure 😹
I’m just going to ignore you, a zero talent scammer like you don’t worth my time.

Oh You are shocked that I know you are a fraudster ? don’t be, you exhibit all the traits of one, Going about with your talentless, low self-esteem looking for approval, please get a life and stop derailing this thread for people who are genuinely hard working.

What are Mods doing about people like this ?

cc: Dominique

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nostradamus1: 1:25am On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

1) I am not sure. I used my Nigerian passport. You can try NIN, if it doesn’t work, you try another.

2) For a newbie that would want to quickly withdraw and convert your petty earnings instantly, I advise GeegPay. Create a virtual dollar account (ACH) and add it to Upwork.

3) I don’t know. I haven’t been asked to reverify in over a year of owning an account.
Thanks a lot for the response.

I tried using my NIN since I don't have an ID card but it shows the message below.
Also, my NIN slip is in black and white and was issued over 5 years ago. So it is definitely not the smoothest out there.

Pic 1 is shows my identification board
Pic 2 shows the message sent by the HR.

Once again, thanks for your response. If there is anyone who experienced the same issue, I am interested in knowing how you resolved it.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kuvasin: 3:02am On Feb 03, 2023
ECURRENCY TRANSACTIONS

WITHDRAWAL FROM FIVERR, UPWORK , DOMAIN... ONLINE PAYMENT, AVAILABLE

Buy $ Sell

Paypal.
Neteller
Bitcoin
Usdt
Skrill
Payoneer

Whatsapp 08130 8 89615
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Djreloaded(m): 4:41am On Feb 03, 2023
Codedboy95:
I’m just going to ignore you, a zero talent, scammer like you don’t worth my time.

Oh You are shocked that I know you are a fraudster ? don’t be, you exhibit all the traits of one, Going about with your talentless, low self-esteem looking for approval, please get a life and stop derailing this thread for people who are genuinely hard working.

What are Mods doing about people like this ?

cc: Dominique
is that the only toothless rant you've got?😹

Newsflash, I just staked 10million naira ( your entire life savings) on sports betting. Shea na your papa i wan scam with your measly chicken change! The giveaway I've conducted on this forum is one of the biggest ever. What impact have you made! CodedAlbino😹
They're absolute levels to these things you retarded hermaphrodite.
Low self-esteem? 😹 This bleached kangaroo thinks i give a flying fuçk about anybody or anything on this faceless forum. I bet you'd say this to me in real life.
Nairaland has given you a platform to spew profanities huh?

I've given you more attention than you're worth môron.
Stop quoting me with your disjointed grammatical blunders.

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 5:42am On Feb 03, 2023
Hello bosses qtquru et. al

I got and completed my first upwork gig this week.

What method of payment is advisable for newbies like me
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 6:54am On Feb 03, 2023
qtguru:

Try Chrome Extension development or pick a no-code tool

what's a good resource to learn chrome extension development
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 6:55am On Feb 03, 2023
Samuell2019:

Dollar account if you can, if not open a payoneer account
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 7:04am On Feb 03, 2023
Samuell2019:

what's a good resource to learn chrome extension development

If you are more of a visual learner, a simple Youtube will work, there tons of videos, but if you prefer reading material, you can study the API Reference from Google, it's written with detail to give you an insight into Chrome Extension Architecture, it's mostly HTML, CSS and JS mixed with Chrome API (still JS).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2023
Codedboy95:
Dollar account if you can, if not open a payoneer account
Thank you very much
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 7:24am On Feb 03, 2023
qtguru:

If you are more of a visual learner, a simple Youtube will work, there tons of videos, but if you prefer reading material, you can study the API Reference from Google, it's written with detail to give you an insight into Chrome Extension Architecture, it's mostly HTML, CSS and JS mixed with Chrome API (still JS).

Thank you boss
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by benedictuyi(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2023
Samuell2019:

I used geegpay recently.

It let's you transfer your earnings on Upwork for a charge of $1. Then you can withdraw to your local bank account (black market rate)
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
benedictuyi:

I used geegpay recently.

It let's you transfer your earnings on Upwork for a charge of $1. Then you can withdraw to your local bank account (black market rate)

Thanks boss.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2023
Geegpay charges 0.09% minimum of 1.69 usd as charges.
Samuell2019:

Thanks boss.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Onlinebar: 8:33am On Feb 08, 2023
Why does it seem like it's only writers that do freelancing in Nigeria
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Onlinebar: 8:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Djreloaded:
let's do an additional 10k before the month ends angry

What a bad month....
Please what service do you sell on Upwork
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Djreloaded(m): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2023
Onlinebar:

Please what service do you sell on Upwork
machine learning,Amazon Db
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Onlinebar: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2023
Djreloaded:
machine learning,Amazon Db
Teach me work biko ejo
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Djreloaded(m): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2023
Onlinebar:
Teach me work biko ejo
YouTube, Lynda, Udemy.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Onlinebar: 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2023
Djreloaded:
YouTube, Lynda, Udemy.
Boss my problem is not learning the skills..... I've spent a lot of hours on YouTube and Udemy learning web dev, and I'm still learning. Problem is getting a first client.Its seems having only skills won't cut it ....... I really need mentorship, even if na to do free work for you so I can understand the whole process.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by efec(m): 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
Onlinebar:
Why does it seem like it's only writers that do freelancing in Nigeria
you have video editors too. Still searching for a gig seff on video editing
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Djreloaded(m): 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Onlinebar:

Boss my problem is not learning the skills..... I've spent a lot of hours on YouTube and Udemy learning web dev, and I'm still learning. Problem is getting a first client.Its seems having only skills won't cut it ....... I really need mentorship, even if na to do free work for you so I can understand the whole process.
skillset—>Mesmerizing proposal, that knocks the other freelancers off the park.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by olamilarks(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2023
pocohantas:

You have to register and see what is out there for your kind. Before taking a house, you go for inspection. Make una dey try do Upwork inspection - registration is free.
Hello Ma'am, how's the upwork ministry going? I'm just learning flutter, I drive rideshare in the real world what are the in demand skills on upwork in your opinion?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Besto(m): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2023
Zhirinovsky:
Please House,

I went back to my upwork account after roughly 2 yrs, made some profile improvements and started submitting proposals.

I have submitted more than 20 proposals to jobs I am � qualified for but haven't even landed a simple interview.

Please am I doing anything wrong? I am yet to make a first sale on upwork. Do I need to buy a review before I start getting noticed?

Please someone should help. It is getting very frustrating.

WhatsApp 08088446086 for review
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Abudat(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2023
Best Place To Trade Your Ecurrency . 24/7 , 7days in A week.
Transact with us we' ve got Cash!!!

Sell N Buy
Paypal
Payoneer .
Skrill
Neteller
Bitcoin
Usdt
Amazon gift card
Wbz

Contact whatsapp 08067433432
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Babtunz: 1:26am On Feb 11, 2023
I feel this might be useful for anyone trying to improve their proposal writing skills.
The image below is a sample of what the client sees when you submit a cover letter or proposal on Upwork.

PS: Image is not mine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Djreloaded(m): 6:47am On Feb 11, 2023
Babtunz:
I feel this might be useful for anyone trying to improve their proposal writing skills.
The image below is a sample of what the client sees when you submit a cover letter or proposal on Upwork.

PS: Image is not mine.
but those proposals are crap in the grand scheme of things.

It’s all about “I” not the client’s needs.
“I am this..” “I have 100 years experience………”
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by francollimasso: 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
I want to buy review on upwork
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by francollimasso: 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2023
@Codedboy95
Followed your advice today,
Got my first Gig today
Completed my first Gig today

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2023
francollimasso:
@Codedboy95
Followed your advice today,
Got my first Gig today
Completed my first Gig today
Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Abudat(m): 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2023
Abudat:
Best Place To Trade Your Ecurrency . 24/7 , 7days in A week.
Transact with us we' ve got Cash!!!

Sell N Buy
Paypal
Payoneer .
Skrill
Neteller
Bitcoin
Usdt
Amazon gift card
Wbz

Contact whatsapp 08067433432

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (106) (Reply)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.