Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (145723 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by JohnKevwe(m): 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Djreloaded:
I have no affiliation with the aforementioned.
The same way your father and his generations do not have affiliations with wealth and sense...
Cow.

No be only prison
Lol, you brainless d¡cksucker thinks wealth is about posting fake Benz keys pics grin
Not everyone is a lazy Nigerian youth like you, we don't post money or our expensive stuff anyhow on social media, those that really have cash, goat, learn that cheesy
I pity your mother though who wasted hours in a fucking labour room giving birth to a condemned ¡mbecile vagabond that scams for little change to soak garri grin
I just wonder why some people instead of ignoring you still take you seriously here undecided
Person wey hunger go soon kill grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Djreloaded(m): 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2022
JohnKevwe:

Lol, you brainless d¡cksucker thinks wealth is about posting fake Benz keys pics grin
Not everyone is a lazy Nigerian youth like you, we don't post money or our expensive stuff anyhow on social media, those that really have cash, goat, learn that cheesy
I pity your mother though who wasted hours in a fucking labour room giving birth to a condemned ¡mbecile vagabond that scams for little change to soak garri grin

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ebuka1997: 11:00am On Dec 21, 2022
Most people bragging on social media are actually broke in reality...

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ebuka1997: 11:56am On Dec 21, 2022
Guys, have you seen this? https://www.nairaland.com/7489401/tax-clearance-certificate-required-foreign

CBN says you need a tax clearance certificate for the past three years to do any transaction with a Nigeria dorm account. It seems they want to get serious with taxing freelancers and remote workers.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by slimanyd: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2022
It’s weekend already let’s get to work our weekend rate is dope…

Paypal emails and skrill emails are available to you at all times for your legitimate withdrawals on all online gigs and freelance channels .
Beep us on whatsapp via 07039421858 and checkbthrough our catalogue to see our array of past jobs done for Nairalanders

Don't forget we also buy all Your africard funds at a dope rate aswell.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 23, 2022
Those who have updated their W-BEN without TIN, how did it go?

Can someone quote the post with the email about it, I can find it in the mess of rubbish post that came after
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2022
DrLevi:

Can someone quote the post with the email about it, I can find it in the mess of rubbish post that came after
Anyone? @pocohantas @qtguru @Codedboy95 @ jackest1
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2022
DrLevi:

Yes I have updated, though I posted it here and some of you who don't know how this things work started, doubting and debating it
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2022
wasiubello:

Yes I have updated, though I posted it here and some of you who don't know how this things work started, doubting and debating it
Point me to it abeg, scanning through the pages would be a royal pain
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2022
[quote author=DrLevi post=119403194]

I used TIN
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2022
DrLevi:

Point me to it abeg, scanning through the pages would be a royal pain

W8..BEN is the form every freelancer working on US company fill to show that they are not U.S citizens or resident of the United States.

In that case you will not be taxed since you leave outside the U.S. The same form is been filled on Amazon for those of us who are affiliate to Amazon. It is a requirement in ezoic platform for those of us who are bloggers. It's also applicable to almost all us digital platforms

Now, how do you fill the W8. BEN for?

Simple answer, go to your tax information page and fill all the necessary personal information.

Then on the space for TIN fill four zeros eg 0000 and submit and that's all

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 7:44am On Dec 25, 2022
wasiubello:

W8..BEN is the form every freelancer working on US company fill to show that they are not U.S citizens or resident of the United States.

In that case you will not be taxed since you leave outside the U.S. The same form is been filled on Amazon for those of us who are affiliate to Amazon. It is a requirement in ezoic platform for those of us who are bloggers. It's also applicable to almost all us digital platforms

Simple answer, go to your tax information page and fill all the necessary personal information.

Anyone completed the tax form
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
DrLevi:

Anyone?

I used TIN na.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
wasiubello:

Thanks wasiubello, qtguru, pocohantas

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by AlexRohan: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
You can't say it is a stupid platform just because you are not getting the projects there. Many people earning $$$$$ from Upwork. We should focus on our skills and need the patience to get the project with different strategies, I also thought the same in my earlier days of freelancing about Fiverr, not I am happy with the Fiverr. You won't believe it by seeing my profile but yes I am earning.
I can't even get into the stupid platform, one of the worse freelancing sites ever.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
DrLevi:

Anyone? @pocohantas @qtguru @Codedboy95 @ jackest1
Before i used 0000
But i just received my TIN today after 3 weeks of application, so i have updated it on Upwork
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
jackest1:

Before i used 0000
But i just received my TIN today after 3 weeks of application, so i have updated it on Upwork
Thanks... How did you apply?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
DrLevi:

Thanks... How did you apply?
Here is the link
https://tin.jtb.gov.ng/TinIndividualRequestExternal

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
jackest1:

Here is the link
https://tin.jtb.gov.ng/TinIndividualRequestExternal
Thanks man, truly appreciate
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 6:57am On Dec 30, 2022
DrLevi:

Thanks man, truly appreciate
You're welcome,
Been a while, hope you're good?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by reverendfather: 10:36am On Dec 31, 2022
My Upwork account is back o. What a great way to start the new year. My top rated plus badge is back too... I am currently digesting all of Upwork's terms of service

Special thanks to Mannyautos , djreloaded , twentiesgirl , Dollywood , pocahontas, , benedictuyi , dreamxhaser

I was in a really dark place for over 1 month omor grin

12 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 11:00am On Dec 31, 2022
reverendfather:
My Upwork account is back o. What a great way to start the new year. My top rated plus badge is back too... I am currently digesting all of Upwork's terms of service

Congrats on that!! What did you do differently? because you might be one of the first I have seen that got his acct back after such.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 11:52am On Dec 31, 2022
reverendfather:

Special thanks to Mannyautos , djreloaded , twentiesgirl , Dollywood , pocahontas, , benedictuyi , dreamxhaser

Congratulations, chief. I'm happy for you. Welcome back.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by benedictuyi(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
reverendfather:

Congratulations.
So happy it was resolved
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Djreloaded(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
reverendfather:

just a precautionary tip next time.

Upwork is never a bank, once your funds are available ; you move it immediately to whatever account you're domiciled in( foreign or local)

May the new year bring you even better tidings!!
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by reverendfather: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Congrats on that!! What did you do differently? because you might be one of the first I have seen that got his acct back after such.
I just kept writing to them(3 additional mails though with enough screenshots) then luckily another agent picked my case and ran with it. Iissue was resolved in three days. That lady is God sent

8 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by reverendfather: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
Djreloaded:
just a precautionary tip next time.

Upwork is never a bank, once your funds are available ; you move it immediately to whatever account you're domiciled in( foreign or local)

May the new year bring you even better tidings!!

I won't make that mistake again, I have dorm and payoneer account

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by reverendfather: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
benedictuyi:

Congratulations.
So happy it was resolved
yes o grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by reverendfather: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
Dollywood:

Congratulations, chief. I'm happy for you. Welcome back.
Thanks baba
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by reverendfather: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
I don't have a TIN how do I fix this tax submission Upwork is requesting from freelancers? Has anyone been able to get this sorted out?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by benedictuyi(m): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2022
reverendfather:
I don't have a TIN how do I fix this tax submission Upwork is requesting from freelancers? Has anyone been able to get this sorted out?
I think you can put a placeholder there before you get your TIN.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by TwentiesGirl(f): 11:02am On Jan 01, 2023
reverendfather:

Wooho!!!
I'm so happy for you!!! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (107) (Reply)

Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free / How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.