Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (160965 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by slyodon: 10:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
[quote author=Splendblex post=121588230][/quote

Hello Splendblex.

If you would love to hear the truth, to be successful on Upwork you need a good mentor who would take you by the hand and guide you up to earning your 1st $500.

It's not always easy finding the way up on your own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2023
[quote author=Splendblex post=121588230][/quote]

For anyone interested
Youtube: Josh Burn Upwork

1. Research Geegpay, and ACH Accounts to at least have an idea
2. Find a skill you are interested in, watch videos, research, and learn how to source information on Youtube.
3. practice and practice
4. Build a Portfolio of work
5. Social media network and connect with freelancers (Twitter, Upwork Community) (free website, about.me)
6. Apply for gigs

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
How can I get rid of this

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
Donpre:

Una for dey drop updates like this more often

Problem here is assurance. How does one guarantee the paxful guy no go japa with the funds

Lol...you no ask ma cheesy

The guy no fit Japa because paxful dey act as escrow. You won't mark the transaction as complete till you've received your usdt
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
Dudeladude:

Thanx alot

You're welcome
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
beautycrush24:

Lol...you no ask ma cheesy

The guy no fit Japa because paxful dey act as escrow. You won't mark the transaction as complete till you've received your usdt
So just like binance... Nice!
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
Why don't you fill the form?
Samuell2019:
How can I get rid of this
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
Donpre:

So just like binance... Nice!

Exactly
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Splendblex(f): 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2023
[quote author=slyodon post=121588564][/quote]
Thank you sir
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Splendblex(f): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2023
qtguru:

For anyone interested

2. Find a skill you are interested in, watch videos, research, and learn how to source information on Youtube.
3. practice and practice
5. Social media network and connect with freelancers (Twitter, Upwork Community) (free website, about.me)
6. Apply for gigs

Thank you so much, will start immediately
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 6:26am On Mar 10, 2023
hello guys. I got a milestone job and it shows Earnings received but the money is not reflecting when I click on get paid. It's been over 24 hours and its not reflecting there
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by NoonMasamune: 7:12am On Mar 10, 2023
good mornin. could someone refer me to a guide on setting up paymentoptions? will GTbank dollar card be accpted? also which option do i choose among these?

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2023
The money is only available to you after completing the milestone.
The client will have to release the money to you.
Samuell2019:
hello guys. I got a milestone job and it shows Earnings received but the money is not reflecting when I click on get paid. It's been over 24 hours and its not reflecting there
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2023
This is to receive money, not to buy connects. Are you sure you are on the right page?
NoonMasamune:
good mornin. could someone refer me to a guide on setting up paymentoptions? will GTbank dollar card be accpted? also which option do i choose among these?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 8:09am On Mar 10, 2023
Ayomipoe:
The money is only available to you after completing the milestone.
The client will have to release the money to you.

It has been marked as completed.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 8:42am On Mar 10, 2023
Oh, then it will be available after 5 days. After the standard security hold
Samuell2019:

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 8:44am On Mar 10, 2023
It has moved to pending right?
So if you click on pending, you can see the date it will become available to you.
Samuell2019:

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 9:09am On Mar 10, 2023
qtguru:

For anyone interested

3. practice and practice
6. Apply for gigs

Thanks for answering this. I came here to read through because I felt I missed some mentions. Na these trolls no dey allow me keep up with my mentions. 😀

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by NoonMasamune: 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ayomipoe:
This is to receive money, not to buy connects. Are you sure you are on the right page?

Yes my first question is if gt dollar card can be used to buy connects. My second question is which option i should select for receiving money
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
Yes, I believe that the GT Dollar Card should work.
How to receive payments? This depends on you and your risk appetite.

The local bank method will allow you to add your Nigerian bank account, and get paid with it, the downside of this is that they use the official CBN rate. $100 will be about NGN 44000 ish. Upwork does not allow you to use a DOM account to receive money directly.

Payoneer will allow you to send USD to a Nigerian Dom account, this however comes with its own charges. Upwork to Payoneer will cost a $2 fee. The minimum amount you can withdraw from Payoneer is $50 (Please take note of this, so you don't get stung). In addition, there is a withdrawal fee, for transactions less than $500, there is a minimum charge of $10 above $500, and the charge is 2%. So if you get $52(minus the service charge) on Upwork and you send it to Payoneer, then withdraw it to your DOM account, you will get $40.

You can however send it to a US bank account through ACH. There are several companies that provide you with this feature (GeegPay, Wise, Payday) You may need to fulfil some sort of KYC and some other criteria to get access to the account, but this is generally considered as the "sweetest" way to withdraw your earnings.
I wish you all the best.
NB. I have not tried Paypal, so I can't help describe how that process works.
NoonMasamune:

Yes my first question is if gt dollar card can be used to buy connects. My second question is which option i should select for receiving money

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by HeliumStar: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
I've got a one dollar Amazon gift card with me anyone interested in it should signify, whatever the rate is. cry
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by NoonMasamune: 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
good evening house. is there anyone here that specializes in Microsoft 365 and Azure Active directory on upwork? i want to ask some advice regarding proposal writing
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by theultimatep3(m): 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2023
qtguru:

For anyone interested

3. practice and practice
6. Apply for gigs

Please help me review my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c001a6c70e8cd12f
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
Attention guys
Attention guys
Please no one should patronize ****DesertScavenger**** for any upwork account
He is a scam, he will treat you like he wanna help you but at the end of it, he won't deliver.
Here is his phone number***09127669696***
On his whatsup its a pics of pregnant women and other things, he may change his WhatsApp profile pic
Please guys don not patronize him
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 11:44am On Mar 12, 2023
What other platforms can I use to withdraw my Upwork earnings aside Geegpay and Wise please?

Geegpay has not verified my account for the past 2 weeks and I currently do not the ID required to verify Wise. Someone also told me to stay away from Payoneer(I don't know why).

I have a few hundred bucks from my first gig that I need to withdraw fast.

cc: @Ayomipoe @qtguru @pocohantas

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:
What other platforms can I use to withdraw my Upwork earnings aside Geegpay and Wise please?

Geegpay has not verified my account for the past 2 weeks and I currently do not the ID required to verify Wise. Someone also told me to stay away from Payoneer(I don't know why).

Grey or Payday via WIRE transfer(not ACH)... it's typically more expensive, about $50 extra(on top whatever the normal charge is, 1% for Grey and I think 4% for payday)

Dunno what your person has against payoneer but if you have a Dom account, upwork => payoneer => Dom works fine... Charge is 2% or a minimum of $10 plus upworks $2

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 12:10pm On Mar 12, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:

cc: @Ayomipoe @qtguru @pocohantas

Wait for geegpay it makes the most sense, stay away from Payooneer their customer service is terrible.

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by theultimatep3(m): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
qtguru:

Wait for geegpay it makes the most sense, stay away from Payooneer their customer service is terrible.

Good day pls help review my profile
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Strata1716: 3:09am On Mar 13, 2023
qtguru:

Hi QT,
I hope you’re well.

I’ve been following you since your previous account and hope it’s right to text you like this, please I’ll be traveling to Mauritius in May for my vacation and if it’s okay can you hook me up with someone that I can get baked brownies containing 🍀☘️I apologize for texting you like this but I’ve lost access to this account gmail so I can’t private chat you

I don’t smoke hence why asking for brownies but unfortunately I have severe adhd and social anxiety and 🍀helps me relax and function properly, I avoid medication due to addiction levels being high and the side effects which is not pleasant.

been a big fan and I have seen some of your posts where you highlighted your Mauritius connection so I thought to try my luck and ask, please egbon don’t be angry

Thank you 🙏🏻
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 6:12am On Mar 13, 2023
Strata1716:

Hi QT,
I hope you’re well.

I’ve been following you since your previous account and hope it’s right to text you like this, please I’ll be traveling to Mauritius in May for my vacation and if it’s okay can you hook me up with someone that I can get baked brownies containing 🍀☘️I apologize for texting you like this but I’ve lost access to this account gmail so I can’t private chat you

I don’t smoke hence why asking for brownies but unfortunately I have severe adhd and social anxiety and 🍀helps me relax and function properly, I avoid medication due to addiction levels being high and the side effects which is not pleasant.

been a big fan and I have seen some of your posts where you highlighted your Mauritius connection so I thought to try my luck and ask, please egbon don’t be angry

Thank you 🙏🏻
don't plant is illegal in Mauritius, one of my classmate went to prison for that.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (110) (Reply)

Helping Hands International Are They Real Or Scam? / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? / Merrybet Punt For Pride III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.