Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (143784 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
EducatedMind369:
How do I search for In-demand skills on Upwork?

Google and youtube mostly works, sometimes tiktok helps too

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:
Bosses, what happens if I make a withdrawal without a valid TIN added yet?

My TIN is not ready yet so I filled in 0000 on Upwork as a placeholder. I'm wondering whether that would cause me any problems?

cc: @qtguru @pocohantas What do you think please?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2023
Guys
I usually send my money to payooner and withdraw in naira.
But now i want them in usd currency, how do i go about it from payooner
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by tosinhtml: 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
pocohantas:

Good morning! Nice to read this. Many do not build the skill or have any. They just want to earn dollars and it doesn’t always work that way. I wish I could mentor, but I have a lot on my hands and I always have issues with my male mentees. Please, keep coming here for guidance and motivation when you need them.

What of those that identify as a female, can they come for mentorship too, atleast they aren't male? cheesy cheesy
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2023
The fraud named ***DESERTSCAVENGER****that i have been talking about just message me now to pay 20k to get the usa account
Initially he said 5k then he said 2500 after two days he just message me to pay 20k.

Like i said, that is how they do, they start from small money and trap people so they can get more..
His name ** desertscavenger**
His number ** 09127669696****

I will always post this so people dont get defrauded by him
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
tosinhtml:

What of those that identify as a female, can they come for mentorship too, atleast they aren't male? cheesy cheesy

Yea. When they start seeing their monthly periods. grin grin

RoyalPriesthuud:

cc: @ @pocohantas What do you think please?

If you made the withdrawal already, then it is fine. If they didn’t want you to, you wouldn’t.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2023
Dudeladude:
Guys
I usually send my money to payooner and withdraw in naira.
But now i want them in usd currency, how do i go about it from payooner

Wow...you've been losing a lot of money cos Payoneer uses the official CBN rate.

I used to withdraw from my Payoneer account to my dom account but a few months ago gist started going round that banks have stopped processing Payoneer transactions (I don't know if this is still the case). So I started using paxful (about 4% charges)

Some people here use geegpay and grey. I haven't used any of them but you can check them out.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
beautycrush24:

Wow...you've been losing a lot of money cos Payoneer uses the official CBN rate.

I used to withdraw from my Payoneer account to my dom account but a few months ago gist started going round that banks have stopped processing Payoneer transactions (I don't know if this is still the case). So I started using paxful (about 4% charges)

Some people here use geegpay and grey. I haven't used any of them but you can check them out.
So you mean from your upwork to the paxful account
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
Dudeladude:

So you mean from your upwork to the paxful account

It's p2p. I get an exchanger from paxful, I send d Payoneer funds to his Payoneer account, and the exchanger sends me usdt. I can easily exchange the usdt to naira on paxful. Long process....I know but I'm used to it already 😅

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by slyodon: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2023
Dudeladude:
The fraud named ***DESERTSCAVENGER****that i have been talking about just message me now to pay 20k to get the usa account
Initially he said 5k then he said 2500 after two days he just message me to pay 20k.

Like i said, that is how they do, they start from small money and trap people so they can get more..

Bro how far. Msg me on WhatsApp: 08067533625
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2023
I used to do this too. However, I switched to Wise instead.
Upwork to Wise, Wise to Paxful works too (I use this when I need money fast). Wise to GeegPay (takes about 4-8 hours during the weekdays)
Wise charges you 0.39 USD to transfer to another US account via ACH from your balance. GeegPay takes O.9% with a minimum of $1.5.

beautycrush24:

It's p2p. I get an exchanger from paxful, I send d Payoneer funds to his Payoneer account, and the exchanger sends me usdt. I can easily exchange the usdt to naira on paxful. Long process....I know but I'm used to it already 😅
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Upwork to Wise, Wise to Paxful works too (I use this when I need money fast). Wise to GeegPay (takes about 4-8 hours during the weekdays)
Wise charges you 0.39 USD to transfer to another US account via ACH from your balance. GeegPay takes O.9% with a minimum of $1.5.

i am talking about having the money in dollar cash
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by beautycrush24(f): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2023
Dudeladude:

The only way (that I'm aware of) to do that is Payoneer to dom account. You can ask around to know which Nigerian bank still works.

I think you can use wise too. I haven't used it so someone with that knowledge can help out here.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 1:10am On Mar 08, 2023
beautycrush24:

Una for dey drop updates like this more often

Problem here is assurance. How does one guarantee the paxful guy no go japa with the funds
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 1:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Dudeladude:
Give up on this, banks don't have cash.

Just find a way to get your money at black market rate then you can walk into any BDC office and buy USD cash if you need it
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Donpre(m): 1:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Ayomipoe:

This is also another good one
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 5:37am On Mar 08, 2023
Donpre:

Give up on this, banks don't have cash.

Just find a way to get your money at black market rate then you can walk into any BDC office and buy USD cash if you need it
Thnx boss
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 5:37am On Mar 08, 2023
beautycrush24:

The only way (that I'm aware of) to do that is Payoneer to dom account. You can ask around to know which Nigerian bank still works.

I think you can use wise too. I haven't used it so someone with that knowledge can help out here.
Thanx alot
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 5:38am On Mar 08, 2023
Donpre:

Problem here is assurance. How does one guarantee the paxful guy no go papa with the funds
yes o. Very important question
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DesertScavenger: 6:09am On Mar 08, 2023
Dudeladude:

is this the account you allegedly didn't get again? 🤣

The weyrey don change email....
God go punish you for this defamation and your family no go die well...
Ómó ale

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 8:17am On Mar 08, 2023
Paxful has escrow, I have traded several times and I have not had any issues with someone attempting to flee with funds.
Disclaimer: I was also worried about fraud and maybe being banned from Payoneer for crypto activities, is the major reason why I switched from Payoneer to Wise.
Donpre:

Problem here is assurance. How does one guarantee the paxful guy no go japa with the funds

Why do you want physical dollars? Except if you have a fetish about holding raw USD, I advise you for your sanity to discard the idea. As Donpre said accessing USD in the banks is a nightmare. If you wish to make payments, use a Payoneer USD card, if you wish to send to your Nigerian Dom account, you can use both Wise and Payoneer. However Wise takes it an extra step further, you can send a wire transfer to any Nigerian DOM account. That cash fantasy na bad dream abeg!
Dudeladude:
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2023
DesertScavenger:
is this the account you allegedly didn't get again? 🤣

The weyrey don change email....
God go punish you for this defamation and your family no go die well...
Ómó ale
See fraud
Foolish poor church rat
When you will never read to understand, how to fraud people is all you know, that is why ordinary 5k is a big money to you...
Answer simple questions, are you with my 10k
Bastartd...
I dont think you even have any family member cus i am sure they all do fraud for a living and must have died due to lack of money or maybe they are all rotting in jail.

Did you give me the favorite pet name when i asked..

Foolish fraudulent person, still came back to me yesttdy asking me to pay 20k to get the usa account..

[03-07, 7:33 PM] +234 912 766 9696: Oya come and pay 20k and get the USA account
[03-07, 7:34 PM] 🔥: Lol... i will pass on that
I don't need anything from you. You are just a fraud.
Now its 20k,
From 5k to 2,500 now 20k
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dudeladude(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Paxful has escrow, I have traded several times and I have not had any issues with someone attempting to flee with funds.
Disclaimer: I was also worried about fraud and maybe being banned from Payoneer for crypto activities, is the major reason why I switched from Payoneer to Wise.

Why do you want physical dollars? Except if you have a fetish about holding raw USD, I advise you for your sanity to discard the idea. As Donpre said accessing USD in the banks is a nightmare. If you wish to make payments, use a Payoneer USD card, if you wish to send to your Nigerian Dom account, you can use both Wise and Payoneer. However Wise takes it an extra step further, you can send a wire transfer to any Nigerian DOM account. That cash fantasy na bad dream abeg!
The reason is, i want to save the money and saving it in naira wont have value.
And keeping it in payooner, i don't really trust all this online wallet 100% even my upwork account, when its 1k usd, i quickly withdraw it cus i dont want to hear that my upwork account is block and i have huge amount there.
Hope you get what i mean
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 10:12am On Mar 08, 2023
I understand what you mean perfectly. However, you will have to choose your poison.
For starters, Upwork does not function as a bank, and in their FAQ's they mention somewhere that after 6 months and you don't withdraw, they send you balance to your account.
The fear is however violating one of their TOS and them seizing your funds. For that reason, you can choose another service to rely on (Wise, Payoneer, they have good repute, but you can also violate their TOS too) or you can simply save to your Nigerian DOM account.
You will eventually have to choose one service and rely on, then hope and pray. Me, I don't trust the Nigerian banks, I have chosen Wise as my poison.
Dudeladude:

The reason is, i want to save the money and saving it in naira wont have value.
And keeping it in payooner, i don't really trust all this online wallet 100% even my upwork account, when its 1k usd, i quickly withdraw it cus i dont want to hear that my upwork account is block and i have huge amount there.
Hope you get what i mean
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:26am On Mar 08, 2023
pocohantas:

If you made the withdrawal already, then it is fine. If they didn’t want you to, you wouldn’t.

It's showing as "available for withdrawal" in my dashboard, but I read they could legally withold up to 30% of my earnings in taxes if I do not fill the WBEN form. I filled it using 0000, but I'm doubly scared of losing 30% and getting penalized for invalid TIN.

Also, do you have an idea when TIN becomes available? I registered online since last month but it's been radio silence from the tax authorities since. I don't know what to do.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:28am On Mar 08, 2023
How does Geegpay take to pay naira ? , I thought it was instant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2023
Yes, usually. However, It took about 30-40 mins yesterday. I searched on Twitter and it seems that someone else was in the same shoes.
qtguru:
How does Geegpay take to pay naira ? , I thought it was instant.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2023
Did you check here to see if you already have a TIN
https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/Template/TINVerification

From my own programming perspective, I think you already filling that you are not in the US is already making you exempt from the tax.
There is no way to validate the number that you have added in Nigeria. I believe the number added only becomes important when Nigeria establishes her own laws about how freelancers should be taxed then Payoneer is then legally culpable for you having an invalid number.

You can test the transaction with a small amount. Also, Tax should be removed before available for withdrawal not at the point of withdrawing itself. ( This is speculation on my part)
RoyalPriesthuud:

It's showing as "available for withdrawal" in my dashboard, but I read they could legally withold up to 30% of my earnings in taxes if I do not fill the WBEN form. I filled it using 0000, but I'm doubly scared of losing 30% and getting penalized for invalid TIN.

Also, do you have an idea when TIN becomes available? I registered online since last month but it's been radio silence from the tax authorities since. I don't know what to do.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Did you check here to see if you already have a TIN
https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/Template/TINVerification

From my own programming perspective, I think you already filling that you are not in the US is already making you exempt from the tax.
There is no way to validate the number that you have added in Nigeria. I believe the number added only becomes important when Nigeria establishes her own laws about how freelancers should be taxed then Payoneer is then legally culpable for you having an invalid number.

You can test the transaction with a small amount. Also, Tax should be removed before available for withdrawal not at the point of withdrawing itself. ( This is speculation on my part)

I've been checking the site everyday for the past week, it returns not found.

I'm talking about WBEN form on upwork. I like your idea of testing with a small amount first.

Thank you!
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Yes, usually. However, It took about 30-40 mins yesterday. I searched on Twitter and it seems that someone else was in the same shoes.

Thanks it reflected.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Splendblex(f): 10:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
[quote author=pocohantas post=121555837]

I am encouraged and inspired to be a hardworking woman whenever I see your posts,especially your diary. I came to this thread to see if I can actually do something on upwork,I can but I have to learn.
Can I learn on YouTube and Google etc or I have to get a paid tutor? @ qtguru sir I need your input too.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (106) (Reply)

Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free / How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting

Viewing this topic: beautycrush24(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.