Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142953 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2023
qtguru:
don't plant is illegal in Mauritius, one of my classmate went to prison for that.
Bro I see you are an advocate for Geegpay. Please I made a withdrawal to Geegpay from Upwork early this morning. Pls how long does it take for it to appear? Also, Upwork only sent me the you requested payment email. Is this the normal routine?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2023
Has anyone managed to purchase connects with their card lately? All the cards I’ve tried keeps getting declined and even got my Upwork account suspended twice.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Bro I see you are an advocate for Geegpay. Please I made a withdrawal to Geegpay from Upwork early this morning. Pls how long does it take for it to appear? Also, Upwork only sent me the you requested payment email. Is this the normal routine?

Give it some hours, sometimes it takes 6 and sometimes the next day.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Strata1716: 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
qtguru:
don't plant is illegal in Mauritius, one of my classmate went to prison for that.

Oh wowwww, thought it was like Nigeria where the illegality doesn’t matter.

Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
cc pocohontas please I need your take on this. I have a client who contacted me and requested that he would like for me to purchase and register a couple of sim cards in Nigeria for his online business. I am skeptical because I hear stories and a part of me is not sure it would be used for a legal business. What's your take? Thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
qtguru:

Wait for geegpay it makes the most sense, stay away from Payooneer their customer service is terrible.
Okay. Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
chieni:
cc pocohontas please I need your take on this. I have a client who contacted me and requested that he would like for me to purchase and register a couple of sim cards in Nigeria for his online business. I am skeptical because I hear stories and a part of me is not sure it would be used for a legal business. What's your take? Thanks.

That would be dangerous waters. Personal registration nowadays is tied to individual NINs. Any business they do with the number(s) you registered for them would forever be under your identity.

I'm sure SIM registrations for businesses would require typical business documents like CAC reg no and co.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
RoyalPriesthuud:

That would be dangerous waters. Personal registration nowadays is tied to individual NINs. Any business they do with the number(s) you registered for them would forever be under your identity.

I'm sure SIM registrations for businesses would require typical business documents like CAC reg no and co.
You hit the nail on the head. In as much as we all want to make money, this wouldn't be one of the ways I want to make money. I jump and pass if its for an ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
chieni:
He is a scammer. Flee
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by iamoyanudo: 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dollywood:
Has anyone managed to purchase connects with their card lately? All the cards I’ve tried keeps getting declined and even got my Upwork account suspended twice.

I use payday to do this and it was successful.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
iamoyanudo:

I use payday to do this and it was successful.

What is Payday? And how did you do it?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
chieni:

Please don’t. Think about it na.
You don’t know what he wants to use the line for and you would register in your name. Run!

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by iamoyanudo: 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dollywood:

What is Payday? And how did you do it?

It's a virtual account, go to play store or appstore and download. It's a USD and NGN virtual account where you can as well create a virtual card.

That's what I used the last time I buy connect on Upwork.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
iamoyanudo:

It's a virtual account, go to play store or appstore and download. It's a USD and NGN virtual account where you can as well create a virtual card.

Oh thanks man. I’m going to try this out
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 9:10am On Mar 14, 2023
iamoyanudo:

Which Virtual card did you use? USD?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 9:54am On Mar 14, 2023
pocohantas:

Please don’t. Think about it na.
You don’t know what he wants to use the line for and you would register in your name. Run!
Same thought I had in my mind. From our conversation, he even has people in Nigerian So he should use them for such transaction. I appreciate your input.

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 9:55am On Mar 14, 2023
ArticleBeast:
He is a scammer. Flee
I will definitely flee. Thank you.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 10:00am On Mar 14, 2023
iamoyanudo:

Done. Thanks. But damn, the exchange rate they charged was 760/$. Too much compared to what I used to get with a local bank Mastercard like Zenith. They do charge 450/$ instead.

And it would cost me like 25k or so to purchase 200 connects
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by nurez305(m): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2023
I HAVE THE SKILLS BUT I AM NOT GETTING THE JOB 😭😭

I am a front-end developer with over 4 years of experience. I have been applying for jobs on Upwork since last year, and I am yet to get a single gig. It is frustrating, to say the least. Can someone help me out on how I can get a job? I don't mind paying the person some money as long as I get a job on Upwork. Also, if you have multiple gigs and you need more hands to do the job, kindly let me join your team so we can do the job together. And if you can also refer me for a gig, I will duly appreciate it. Please, anyone should help me out.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2023
Omo. Are you guys really purchasing connects at 750/$ for real?🥶
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2023
React?
nurez305:
I HAVE THE SKILLS BUT I AM NOT GETTING THE JOB 😭😭

I am a front-end developer with over 4 years of experience. I have been applying for jobs on Upwork since last year, and I am yet to get a single gig. It is frustrating, to say the least. Can someone help me out on how I can get a job? I don't mind paying the person some money as long as I get a job on Upwork. Also, if you have multiple gigs and you need more hands to do the job, kindly let me join your team so we can do the job together. And if you can also refer me for a gig, I will duly appreciate it. Please, anyone should help me out.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by nurez305(m): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ayomipoe:
React?
yes sir
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
Bros, me no be Sir o.
1. Go to https://www.upwork.com/hire/us/ and check out the web dev section.
2. Look for someone successful, check out their portfolio and page, and what they claim they know.
3. Update your own profile and portfolio, and start to learn more stacks.
4. Price aggressively.
5. Set availability using connects.
6. Check Upwork every day.
7. Get your profile completeness to 100%
8. Consider Freelance plus
nurez305:
yes sir

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by nurez305(m): 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Bros, me no be Sir o.
1. Go to https://www.upwork.com/hire/us/ and check out the web dev section.
2. Look for someone successful, check out their portfolio and page, and what they claim they know.
3. Update your own profile and portfolio, and start to learn more stacks.
4. Price aggressively.
5. Set availability using connects.
6. Check Upwork every day.
7. Get your profile completeness to 100%
8. Consider Freelance plus
Thanks so much for the hint. How soon do you think setting availability with connect yield result? Because in my own case, it is 7connects per weeks and that would be alot for me except it will give result as soon as possible
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2023
No idea, you are putting yourself out there potentially.
These are also very uncertain times and the competition is very high for the few roles, not to mention that there are very numerous candidates that are probably far more knowledgeable and experienced than you currently are. You cannot even preemptively state what will make the client attracted to you, you are simply fishing in the dark, throwing yourself out there and hoping something bites.

All you need is one lucky break, and you'll need to seize this and deliver in a timely fashion to get that first great review. The amount of confidence that will infuse into you, I doubt that you can imagine.

I understand the Connects are expensive, hence my statement that you should consider the freelance plus subscription. 11,250 ish monthly or thereabouts.

nurez305:
Thanks so much for the hint. How soon do you think setting availability with connect yield result? Because in my own case, it is 7connects per weeks and that would be alot for me except it will give result as soon as possible

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by nurez305(m): 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ayomipoe:
These are also very uncertain times and the competition is very high for the few roles, not to mention that there are very numerous candidates that are probably far more knowledgeable and experienced than you currently are. You cannot even preemptively state what will make the client attracted to you, you are simply fishing in the dark, throwing yourself out there and hoping something bites.

All you need is one lucky break, and you'll need to seize this and deliver in a timely fashion to get that first great review. The amount of confidence that will infuse into you, I doubt that you can imagine.

I understand the Connects are expensive, hence my statement that you should consider the freelance plus subscription. 11,250 ish monthly or thereabouts.

Thank you so much
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:59pm On Mar 14, 2023
Ayomipoe:

👌👌

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by nurez305(m): 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2023
Ayomipoe:

I was invited to take an assessment for Upwork Skill Certification. Please, have you or anyone else taken this assessment in the past? If yes, please give me any hints to assist me in scaling through the assessment.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2023
I was invited too o, but I did not take the test.
nurez305:
I was invited to take an assessment for Upwork Skill Certification. Please, have you or anyone else taken this assessment in the past? If yes, please give me any hints to assist me in scaling through the assessment.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2023
nurez305:
It's data structures and Algorithms

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (106) (Reply)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.