Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142510 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Depends on the niche. I will hire a US writer before a Nigerian

His point is still valid.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of active US-based freelancers with little to no earnings whatsoever.

And there are many Nigerian writers with good earnings.

The NLer doesn't need to pose as a US-based freelancer to win. All that'll do is get him a permanent ban.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2023
N2B2:

His point is still valid.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of active US-based freelancers with little to no earnings whatsoever.

And there are many Nigerian writers with good earnings.

The NLer doesn't need to pose as a US-based freelancer to win. All that'll do is get him a permanent ban.

I saw a comment from a client requesting for video proposals because of issues like this.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Chiefs, is there a dollar card that one can top up directly with USD?

I'm looking for a card service to pay for things tutorials and co.

Geegpay card service is currently unavailable and converting first to Naira just to top up cards like Chipper cash's is loses money to fees and exchange rates imbalances.

cc: @Ayomipoe @pocohontas Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2023
Bros, this is why I have a Payoneer Card. I don't know of another option you can top up with USD directly.

RoyalPriesthuud:
Chiefs, is there a dollar card that one can top up directly with USD?

I'm looking for a card service to pay for things tutorials and co.

Geegpay card service is currently unavailable and converting first to Naira just to top up cards like Chipper cash's is loses money to fees and exchange rates imbalances.

cc: @Ayomipoe @pocohontas Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Upcomingdad67: 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2023
Hello gurus in the house, please I got an upwork contract for a property search yesterday, it was my first job actually so I made a contract with the client via upwork.

And the contract was funded . And upwork ask me to verify my account which I did by taking a snap shot of my NIN and also a selfie as well.

And they said my profile is under review

I was told it will take 1-3 days but I was surprised when logged back to the site I was told it will be open unrestricted on April 20

I come they fear oh . Please guys advice me on what to do thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Bros, this is why I have a Payoneer Card. I don't know of another option you can top up with USD directly.

Okay thanks.

I suppose this is the life; you have to open them all
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2023
Upcomingdad67:
Hello gurus in the house, please I got an upwork contract for a property search yesterday, it was my first job actually so I made a contract with the client via upwork.

And the contract was funded . And upwork ask me to verify my account which I did by taking a snap shot of my NIN and also a selfie as well.

And they said my profile is under review

I was told it will take 1-3 days but I was surprised when logged back to the site I was told it will be open unrestricted on April 20

I come they fear oh . Please guys advice me on what to do thanks.

Please explain further. They didn’t send you a mail
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Upcomingdad67: 7:38pm On Apr 15, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Please explain further. They didn’t send you a mail

I did not get any email ,
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by onmylane: 9:42pm On Apr 15, 2023
Who can help purchase my project on Upwork. I need a friend to help with one or two feedbacks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by JohnPortar: 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2023
onmylane:
Who can help purchase my project on Upwork. I need a friend to help with one or two feedbacks.
Sounds like you'd like to pay for reviews. If that's the case, enter DM
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by FxExpo(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2023
JohnPortar:
Sounds like you'd like to pay for reviews. If that's the case, enter DM
Won't this have negative effect on our account? If it won't I am interested
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2023
FxExpo:
Won't this have negative effect on our account? If it won't I am interested

It's against Upwork's terms of service. If they find out, get ready for an instant permanent ban.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by FxExpo(m): 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
N2B2:

It's against Upwork's terms of service. If they find out, get ready for an instant permanent ban.
Noted sir
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by champeeon(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2023
Hi guys, please can I use Geegpay virtual card to buy items on Aliexpress?

Ps: do they use official rate or the BDC rate?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2023
No card provider uses the official rate. They would be out of business if they did.
champeeon:
Hi guys, please can I use Geegpay virtual card to buy items on Aliexpress?

Ps: do they use official rate or the BDC rate?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by champeeon(m): 10:14am On Apr 19, 2023
Ayomipoe:
No card provider uses the official rate. They would be out of business if they did.

That's fair enough. But do you know if their virtual card currently works?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Ayomipoe(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2023
Unfortunately I don't have that information.
champeeon:

That's fair enough. But do you know if their virtual card currently works?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by tobby20: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2023
jozzee:
Experts in the house, please what's the best strategy to run a foreign Upwrk account in 2023?
How do I bypass location verification on upwork as a Nigerian.
Create a USA Paypal , and develop your portfolio
Tho u can’t create except u get legit USA number
2: just buy old USA Upwork acct

I get d one of 3 years
But e cost
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2023
Any UI and ux designer here?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 4:01am On Apr 20, 2023
tobby20:

Create a USA Paypal , and develop your portfolio
Tho u can’t create except u get legit USA number
2: just buy old USA Upwork acct

I get d one of 3 years
But e cost
ID, photo, and location verified?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by tobby20: 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
ArticleBeast:

ID, photo, and location verified?
Yes all verified
It’s newyork account sef
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
tobby20:

Yes all verified
It’s newyork account sef
How much? But how were you able to verify it sef
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by tobby20: 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2023
ArticleBeast:

How much? But how were you able to verify it sef
It’s my client in Newyork
I have his Facebook details
And Upwork and fiverr account details
It’s 15k what’s your details
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Average9jaman: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
JohnPortar:

I don't see a problem here, as long as you have an active contract on Upwork and you are getting paid on the platform, you are good.

If any issue arises, they will reach out to you and ask for prove of work.

I once had a client I worked with for about 6 months, the job was customer service and there was nothing to "submit" on Upwork.

Pls if you dont mind me asking, am curious as to what a customer service job would entail on upwork ?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Hafeexla(m): 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
50$ Facebook ad coupon for sale
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 9:33am On Apr 22, 2023
Hello, I'm a UI/UX Designer
dauntless15:
Any UI and ux designer here?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Hello, I'm a UI/UX Designer
Can we exchange contacts, I have alot to talk about as a newbie, let's exchange ideas if you're up for it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2023
Yeah sure, sent you a DM.
dauntless15:
Can we exchange contacts, I have alot to talk about as a newbie, let's exchange ideas if you're up for it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Yeah sure, sent you a DM.
I don't have access to that email anymore, maybe you could spell out your contact and quote me then delete it the moment I like it.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
dauntless15:
I don't have access to that email anymore, maybe you could spell out your contact and quote me then delete it the moment I like it.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ArticleBeast: 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2023
tobby20:

It’s my client in Newyork
I have his Facebook details
And Upwork and fiverr account details
It’s 15k what’s your details
I mean is it verified. Like fully verified.

Location verified and all. Message me @09134959813
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Pls how do I verify my Nigerian Upwork account, I uploaded national I'd printout from the nimc app but it was rejected severally.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (106) (Reply)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.